“Good stay, clean hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
philly
“Good stay, clean hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed here on 2 separate 3 night stays, back to back weeks. My reservation was on a Priceline prepaid rate, but that didn't affect the level of service I received. In both my stays, the entire staff was friendly and efficient. The restaurant/bar had a decent selection of food as well. My stays were pretty quiet both times, as I didn't encounter too many other guests. If you get a river view room, you *may* hear airplanes if they are taking off to the South. Otherwise, when they are landing down the river, they are generally quiet enough to not be heard. Neither scenario bothered me too much, though. But if you think it may bother you, ask for a room facing the opposite side.

As mentioned many times in the reviews here, the shuttle service operates half hourly to/from Reagan airport, which is about a 15 minute ride (including stop at the neighboring Holiday Inn). I needed to work in downtown DC, so I used the shuttle for my rides to get the airport metro. While this is convenience, I would love it if they offered some kind of shuttle service up to the Braddock Rd. Metro station, which is about a 5 minute ride and would be super convenient. They do offer the shuttle over to the King street shopping area, but that service doesn't begin until 2pm.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars
Adely G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear phl08,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed both your stay here at the Crowne Plaza. We always enjoy hearing that our staff is friendly. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. I would like to apologize that our shuttle does not run to the Braddock Rd metro station; we run on a schedule for the convenience of our guests who are traveling in and out of the Reagan National Airport and accessibility to the metro. Thank you for choosing us, we hope you will choose us again. We'll look to see you again soon.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

They do charge $20 for parking, but that the way things are in Old Towne Alexandria. The room was comfortable and clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly. There is a free shuttle to the airport and you can catch Metro at the airport. Being so close to the airport, you do hear the planes starting at about 6:00am.

• Stayed February 2016, traveled on business
      Cleanliness
Dear D T,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We are glad you found the rooms to be clean, our staff helpful, our shuttle service commendable. It was our pleasure to serve you. Thank you for having chosen us to stay with.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2015

I have enjoyed staying in this hotel to enjoy Christmas activites in Old Town. The river view rooms are worth the extra costs and the hourly suttel service to King Street is welcome. On this trip they added a $20.00 a day charge to park in their 1/2 filled parking lot. Since guests coming to the hotel on airpost suttels are not burdened with this charge I can only conclude that they are discouraging guests from drving to this hotel. If you are driving in I suggest parking in one of the PMI lots in town where you'll pay from $8 to $10 a day to park and jump on the shuttel to get to the hotel.

Room Tip: River view kings is the way to go.
  • Stayed December 2015, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, January 4, 2016
Dear Jim H,

Thank you for submitting your review. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It is my pleasure to hear that you were satisfied with your stay in particular with the convenient location. We are highly motivated by your words and ensure you that we shall continue to strive for excellence. Your loyalty and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

I value you as our guest and hope you will continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2015 via mobile

This hotel is a few blocks from downtown Old Town right on the river so it's a good place to stay the only drawback is it has little amentities such as bars and restaurants but there are many choices downtown old town this is a nice hotel

Stayed December 2015, traveled on business
MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2015

The shuttle picked us up at the airport right on schedule. Megan checked us in and could not have been nicer. We had the 7th floor and our room was at the end of the hall. We never heard a sound during the four days that we stayed at the hotel. The hotel was older but the bedding was updated and extremely comfortable. I would recommend the Crowne Plaza to anyone.

Room Tip: Room at the end of the hallway was very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2015, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
cashiers, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2015

So, I will totally be staying in Alexandria every time I visit DC from now forward. I will also be staying in this hotel! The front desk staff were friendly, the hotel was quiet, the bar/restaurant were both fantastic, and the rooms were super clean. I had no issues with this hotel. The parking was plentiful and the fee very reasonable. The river view room was worth the extra few dollars. BEAUTIFUL! Will certainly stay here again.

Stayed December 2015
Savannah, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2015

The hotel is good and the staff are great. But for the second stay in a row they have double charged me for the room and added parking when I had no car. This time, I took the extra step of going to the front desk and asking for the charges to be removed. They said the charges were removed but they still show up on my credit card balance a week later.
I'm sure they'll resolve it but it's costing me time. Moreover, when I called, I left a voicemail for the manager "Wanda" and received no call back. I think this hotel is getting close to being a 3.5 or even a 4 star hotel, despite the slightly dated rooms, It just needs to improve services in a few more areas, billings and manager responsiveness being two.

• Stayed December 2015, traveled on business
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 stars
Adely G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, December 8, 2015
Dear Allan S,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Your experience is important to us. We strive towards the goal that each guest has a great overall experience. We apologize that we erred your charges again on your stay with us. We will bring this issue to our staff so we may exceed our guest’s expectations. We apologize that our staff's professionalism was not exemplary. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.