I stayed at this hotel for the Easter weekend. This hotel was booked pursuant to a bid on Priceline, but I have to say that had a payed asking price, I would have been REALLY upset....
The positives - the room was spacious and nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel in general was clean. Unfortunately, there were alot of negatives.
1. Despite the fact that this hotel is not in downtown Old Town (about 10 blocks away) or that close the airport, they make you pay $20 a night for parking. Word to the wise, if you are there on a weekend, you WILL be able to find parking on Sunday on the street;
2. The room did NOT have a refrigerator;
3. The door closest to the parking garage, like many hotels, gets locked at night. Despite the sign that informs you to use your room key during those evening and night hours, mine did not work. When I went to the desk to inform them, the clerk looked at me like I was the idiot, gave a little attitude and said "Room keys don't work on that door." When I asked about ths sign, all I got was more attitude;
4. There is a gym, but the equipment is severely outdated - most of the functions on the eliptical and treadmill did not work.
There are so many other hotels in Old Towne with similar prices that are SO much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our New Old Town Alexandria Hotel You'll enjoy a convenient location and top-quality amenities when you stay at the newly renovated Crowne Plaza of Old Town Alexandria. Our hotel is only two miles from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA). Located near Washington DC, our Alexandria, VA hotel is in close proximity to many attractions. We're only eight blocks from the shops and historic homes on Old Alexandria's revitalized waterfront. Walking tours of the city of Old Town and Potomac River Cruises of the nation's capital's monuments begin just a few miles from our Alexandria hotel. Our hotel near Washington, DC is also ideal for business travelers because we're a short drive from many corporate offices, like Robbins Gioia, International Association of Chiefs of Police, the Pentagon and the many museums, bureaus and government offices of Washington, DC. We also offer the convenience of eight meeting rooms, a 24-hour business center and high-speed, wireless Internet access. While lodging in Alexandria, Virginia, hotel guests can enjoy a relaxing setting with our fitness center, Sleep Advantage program with new, comfortable beds and spectacular views of the Potomac and city from many rooms. From our hotel restaurant, Chequers, to our complimentary shuttles to the airport, Metro/Subway and King's Street, a convenient stay awaits you at the Old Town Alexandria Crowne Plaza. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Alexandria
- Alexandria Crowne Plaza