“Customer for Life” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Customer for Life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

We recently stayed at the Morrison House while visiting family. We were traveling with our 6mo old daughter and returning to the United States after a 4 year military tour overseas. This charming hotel is perfectly situated in the historic part of Old Town Alexandria, VA. The room and amenities were terrific and rivaled any of the hotels we stayed at in Europe. But the real value of this hotel has got to be the staff. Robert (the GM) has managed to find an amazing group of people that genuinely care and work to make your stay something special.

It was one of the few times I have found a Hotel that fit into its surrounding area, had great facilities and an outstanding staff. The Morrison House turned what was going to be a business trip to see family into a true vacation.

The Morrison House is a treasure in the heart of Alexandria. If you have a chance to stay there do it. You won’t be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
morrison_house, General Manager at Kimpton Morrison House, responded to this review, June 14, 2010
Dear JBeall,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us at the Morrison House. It was a pleasure having your family with us and I’m thrilled you enjoyed yourself. I also appreciate your feedback about our staff and agree they’re a very special part of our success. I would appreciate it if you could reach out to me the next time you’re here, so I may be prepared to welcome you back personally. Loyal guests mean everything to us.

Thank you again and welcome home!

Morrison House - a Kimpton Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

The Morrison House Hotel is absolutely the greatest venue for a truly romantic evening! The rooms have a fireplace, the beds are terrific and the candelabra lighting can be adjusted to create a soft sultry atmosphere. I can not say enough about the staff. They provide first class service and always go out of their way to let you know how much they appreciate you as their guest.

I lived a lot of my life in Europe, traveling the world, staying in luxury hotels. The Morrison House can compete respectably with all of them. This is a top notch hotel with class. I highly recommend that you plan to attend their complementary wine hour in the lounge and then treat yourself to a wonderful dinner in the dining room. I enjoy dining in the bar as the atmosphere is wonderful and the food terrific! Oh, not to mention the incredible drinks by Rosen the bar tender! Once you finish dinner take a short walk down to the waterfront or do some shopping in Old Town.
The Morrison House, General Manager Robert Hannigan and his staff, the rooms, the bar and dining are all first class!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
morrison_house, General Manager at Kimpton Morrison House, responded to this review, June 23, 2010
Dear laffinalot,

Thank you! Your loyalty means everything to us; it's always a pleasure to assist our regular guests. We look foward to welcoming you back to our home soon!

Robert
Morrison House - a Kimpton Hotel
Norfolk, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

The Morrison House in my home away from home. I stay there about once a month or so. The staff are beyond friendly and the service is beyond superior. At the end of your stay you'll want to invite everyone to stay i your own home. I highly recommend this beautiful comfortable hotel and I'm looking forward to many future nights at the Morrison House.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Dear CEJack,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. I'm glad you had a good time and am very happy that you plan on joining us in the future. Your loyalty means everything to us!

We want to be the best loved hotel in Alexandria. If there’s any additional feedback you have on how we can continue work toward that goal simply contact the hotel directly and ask to speak with me. Thank you again and I hope we see you soon.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

We recently sent our parents to Morrison House to celebrate a very special event. The manager (Robert) went above and beyond to make their stay "one to remember." The excitement of the staff made our long distance planning all the more fun and the final product left our parents speechless! I am amazed by their creativity and follow through. For example, I mentioned my father liked key lime pie and twice, someone arrived at their door with a "key lime themed" dessert! Robert suggested we email pictures of the grandkids, which he then placed in photo frames all around the room. That kind of service is not easily found, but it is definitely the standard at Morrison House!

• Stayed May 2010
Dear NavyWifeRN,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your family's recent experience at our property. We're absolutely thrilled that your parents enjoyed their stay. Than you for trusting us with such an important milestone in their lives. I'm also especially grateful that you reached out in advance; we honestly enjoyed planning your parent's stay as much as you did!

We want to be the best loved hotel in Alexandria. If there’s any additional feedback you have on how we can continue work toward that goal simply contact the hotel directly and ask to speak with me. Thank you again and I hope we see you and your family soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

This is an old-style (i.e. architecture) hotel, located in historic district, with modern-day amenities and a superb staff that goes all out to make your stay pleasant. The front desk clerks greeted me by name each day.

The hotel is about eight blocks from a subway station which provides easy access to the sights in Washington, DC. The hotel is surrounded by plenty of restaurants and shops.

The hotel is not for the budget conscious, but if you want to pamper yourself to feel like a King or Queen, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
morrison_house, General Manager at Kimpton Morrison House, responded to this review, May 24, 2010
Dear HallPlante,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. I'm glad you had a good time at our property and also appreciate your feedback about our team. They take great pride in what they do.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

Took the recommendations from this site to heart and booked a stay. With a six month old daughter, good service in a hotel can be hard to find. Morrison House redefined what service can be.

During my stay, I had the opportunity to meet staff from the desk, bar, engineering, housekeeping, and butler groups. While each one seemed to outdo the others, two stand out: Jose and Sasha. These two both went out of their way any time we were near to make sure we were comfortable.

The consistent high level of attention to detail and commitment to customer service made this visit outstanding.

• Stayed May 2010
Dear California11,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. We're especially grateful for your comments about our staff. We completely agree they're a very special part of our success.

Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

My husband and I are here for the entire week (we're halfway though the stay right now) and have truly enjoyed being right in the middle of old town Alexandria. We are in the area at least once a quarter and this is the first time we have stayed at this particular hotel. It will not be the last. :-)

My only (tiny) complaint is that the internet connection here is extremely slow and weak.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Dear ZagnutMom,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. I'm thrilled you're having a great experience with us and also appreciate your comments about the internet speed. We're aware of that as well and have been working to improve the situation. I'm happy to report that we've recently signed an agreement with a vendor that is going to double the bandwidth serving the property. We expect to resolve that issue for good with this upgrade.