“Be Aware of Pet Policy” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
WV
“Be Aware of Pet Policy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2009

The Morrison House is perfectly located for a trip that involves shopping in Old Town Alexandria. The hotel is on a side street off King Street. The hotel has friendly and helpful staff. The decoration is elegant in the public rooms. Our room was lovely. The bed is very high but a step stool is provided. The breakfast was OK but coffee and tea are $3.50 each in addition to the price of breakfast. For 2 of us, the bill was over $40. Our only complaint was the afternoon of the second day of our stay--a couple checked in across from us with a large dog that barked. Be aware that they allow pets on the same floors as guests without their furry friends. We love dogs and cats but the woofing dog awakened us from a nap. We brought the issue to the attention of management and they did offer an upgrade to a suite but the effort required to repack and move was too great for us. Ask before you check in if there will be animals on your floor.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 18, 2009
Dear PatWV,

As General Manager of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided regarding your recent experience at our property. I was happy to see your feedback regarding our friendly and helpful staff, as well as the beautiful decor of the hotel.

However, I'm just as grateful for your honest feedback regarding areas that we can improve upon the guest experience. We will review your comments regarding the price of our breakfast service with our Food and Beverage team and ensure that our pricing is in line. I would also encourage you consider some of our culinary packages that include breakfast or dinner with your room rate. They're a great value added option to your stay and are located on our website.

I'm grateful as well for your feedback regarding the pet on the same floor as you. I'd like to apologize that the noise impacted your stay. I'm grateful that our staff took the appropriate steps to offer an upgrade to a suite to recover your trust in us, but certainly understand the issue of repacking for the move.

Like all Kimpton properties, the Morrison House is a pet friendly hotel, but we can accommodate those guest that prefer to be removed from any possible pets in their vicinity. A couple of different recommendations I can offer for your next stay; the first would be to join Kimpton InTouch, which allows you to personalize your stay at each Kimpton hotel. In your profile you can list a preference to have a room away from any guests with pets. Another option is to simply call the hotel and advise them of your preference and we'll be happy to assist. Your comfort means everything to us.

Thank you again for your comments and we’re looking forward to seeing you back soon.

RH
Morrison House Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2009

The Morrison House is a very classy, upscale, charming and elegant hotel but without the upscale high prices. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom beautiful. The only down side was that you have to use valet parking at $20 per 24 hour, but the charm of the valet personnel makes it worth while. The hotel is one of the few that is pet friendly as well.

Distribution_Mgr, Reservations Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 15, 2009
Hello HappyCustomer01,

Thank you for your comments. I am glad that you found the "Morrison House very classy, upscale, charming and elegant hotel but without the upscale high prices." And that the "bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom beautiful." We do our best to make our guests feel at home while they are visiting. I noticed you liked the pet friendly side of the hotel. I hope that you were able to bring a furry companion and that they were treated just as well as you were. Thank you for staying and please come back and join us again soon!
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2009

Due to bad weather, we arrived late at our hotel. As much as my husband & I looked forward to having a glass of wine and some down time before retiring, we were too tired to muster. Without any prompting, our bellman after hearing our conversation, returned to our room with 2 glasses of wine and a tray of fresh fruit & cheese - all complimentary. This is one great way to get return customers.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2009

Lauren, at the Morrison House helped me plan a small, but lovely wedding ceremony in the Parlor Room - within 3 hours of the event. She set me up with their chef & chief bartender to make this ceremony, both intimate and memorable. Everything turned out perfectly, and their staff went out of their way to make sure we were happy. I wholeheartedly recommend them.
C Bates

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 3, 2009
Dear CB8tesM0tel,

As General Manager of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided regarding your recent wedding ceremony at our hotel. We thank you for trusting us with such an important celebration and I'm very happy that it met your expectations. I also appreciate your feedback regarding Lauren, and agree that she's a special part of our success.

Thank you again for your feedback and I would appreciate it if you would reach out to me when you can join us again, so I may be prepared to welcome you back personally. I'd be especially happy if you would consider staying with us on your first anniversary.

East Coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2009

I found out about the Morrison on TripAdvisor and am so glad I did. I have been traveling to Alexandria for business weekly and have stayed here every visit! I feel like it is home away from home. The staff is welcoming, professional and does everything they can to make your stay a special experience. The rooms are always immaculate and don't look like a typical hotel room. The beds are heavenly! I couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough for a wonderful stay in Alexandria.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, March 24, 2009
Hello 3CuteBoys,

As General Manager of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided regarding your recent experiences at our property. Your comment that our hotel feels like a home away from home during your business trips was very rewarding to hear, as that's our main goal at the Morrison House.

Thank you again for your feedback and we’re looking forward to seeing you soon. If there’s any assistance I may provide in ensuring the Morrison House remains your hotel of choice whenever you’re in Alexandria please don’t hesitate in contacting me directly.

Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2009

We absolutely enjoyed our stay at the Morrison House. This hotel has the luxury and style of other Kimpton hotels I've been to, but the boutique size and staff attention of the Morrison House really made us feel welcome and special. The hotel is done in the beautiful traditional Federalist style of Old Town. However, unlike some other traditional hotels I've seen, it manages to be grand yet incredibly warm at the same time. From each time we walked up the front stairs, greeted by the door swinging open and one of the butlers welcoming us in and asking if there was anything we needed to the fruit basket and cookies waiting for us in our room to the most comfortable bed I've slept in (my boyfriend ordered me a Kimpton pillow afterward from their online store) to the NY Times outside my door each morning this hotel is truly a gem. I highly recommend this place for special getaways and romantic weekends. It's close to everything in Old Town, but about a 15 minute walk from the Metro.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, March 5, 2009
Hello Kat0815,

As General Manager of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided regarding your recent experience at our property. Your feedback allows us to continually perfect our services and work to ensure that our hotel remains a favorite destination for travelers to Alexandria, Virginia.

I was thrilled to hear how welcoming and responsive our staff was during your stay. I agree they are a very special group of people and the major reason for our success here in Old Town. I’m glad you liked the cookies at arrival, they’re baked daily by our Executive Chef Dennis Marron and if you reach out to me directly we’ll be happy to share the recipe.

Thank you again for your comments and we’re looking forward to seeing you soon. If there’s any assistance I may provide in ensuring the Morrison House remains your hotel of choice whenever you’re in Alexandria please don’t hesitate in contacting me directly.

p.s. I’m happy to hear you took home more than great memories from a Kimpton Hotel; our pillow are fantastic.

NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2009

On a recent trip to Alexandria, Va, we stayed at the Morrison House. It was a wonderful experience. The hotel is well situated in the heart of the town, the staff were exceptional and most helpful. The facility is immaculate and we felt well priced for the quality of this hotel. We will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 5, 2009
Dear Jets04,

Thank you again and we’re looking forward to seeing you soon. If there’s any assistance I may provide in ensuring the Morrison House remains your hotel of choice whenever you’re in Alexandria please don’t hesitate in contacting me directly.