“Heavenly!”

GreenLeadersGold level
San Bernardino, California
“Heavenly!”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

This makes my top five of best places I have ever stayed. Quiet. Rooms that reflect the charm and spirit of old town Alexandria. And the staff who really made me feel at home. They were attentive without being intrusive. A true art. Highly recommend you book here. A special thank you to Wakiita who was an angel.

Room Tip: Loved 502 which was like being in a treehouse.
Green Features: I especially love this...it's one of the reasons I chose them.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Kate E, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Dear Joyce,

Thanks so much for the wonderful review. I agree that Wakita and all of our staff truly make the difference that put us at the top. Please do come back to see us again soon!

Best,

Kate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We have stayed at the Morrison House in Alexandria, Va 4 times in the last year.
It is so lovely, like our home away from home. The staff make us feel welcome and appreciated.
The rooms are fully equipped with everything we need. Coffee is served in the morning, fruity water during the day and wine in the evening.

Room Tip: Ask if there is a wedding while you are there and ask for a different floor. We like a high floor a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear bosredsoxfans,

Thank you for continuing to choose Morrison House for your visits to Old Town. I sincerely appreciate that you keep coming back time after time, even outside of the MLB season! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best,

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Checked in and was told that the only room available (at a premium price) was in the basement level. The tiny elevator took me down to the subterranean level, where the carpet was old and stained, and the entire floor smells like a recent flood. The furniture is like a 1980's Sheraton, complete with chocolate brown toilet and tub. This is gross - shouldn't be in the Kimpton family. Staff is pleasant though, which is nice.

Room Tip: Try to stay on an upper floor - it must be better.
Green Features: Are bad smells environmentally friendly? Perhaps they are saving water, soap, something?
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank J P
Kate E, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear J P,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you werent satisfied with the decor of your room. Our staff prides itself on service and cleanliness and I assure you that we strive to provide this to every guest that walks through our doors. I would be happy to personally assist you with your next booking to find something that best fits your requests if you would like to call me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I have been coming to the Morrison House over the years and have slowly watched it go downhill. The last time I was there I was put in the basement. There was mold on the walls and the place smelled. When I alerted them to this...they said there were no more rooms and that since I have applied the AAA discount...that I was not eligible for a better room.
She BLAMED ME for the bad room............hence......I asked for the AAA rate!
I will never go back

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Pennygizmo
Dear Pennygizmo,

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay back in September Thank you for sharing the feedback with us so we can continue to improve. When you are ready to come back to Morrison House I would be happy to personally oversee the details for your reservation with your AAA discount and a great room if you'd please contact me directly at the hotel.

I hope to hear from you soon,

Virginia
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We chose this hotel because of it's location, within walking distance of most restaurants and the dockside in Old Town. The service was top notch, and the hotel had some special features like tea in the afternoon and free wine from 5 - 6 PM. It has an "Old South" feel but was built in 1985 and has all the modern conveniences. This hotel is an excellent value with most rooms under $150/night. Suggest you upgrade to a room with a king bed.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room on a high floor with a king bed.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Don M,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am glad you were able to enjoy our hotel, amenities, service and location. Sounds like a winning combination to me!

Encinitas, California
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I stayed at the Morrison House for a short trip to DC and was pleasantly surprised by the size of the rooms given some of the feedback listed in reviews. I stayed in a King DLX room which was extremely clean. The bathroom showed some signs of wear (cracked toilet seat/outdated tub) although was updated and also of a decent size. The room service was excellent and the restaurant staff did a wonderful job explaining the virtues of the various entrees on the menu.

I also wanted to commend Rachelle in guest services who was extremely helpful and provided wonderful service.

If my travels take me to this part of VA again, I would certainly stay at the Morrison House again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sarah F,

Thank you so much for your review and great comments about our staff. I agree that they are a special part of our success! We'd be happy to have you again any time you are back in VA!

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2014

If you're used to staying in Kimpton hotels don't expect this to be as funky. It's a very nice hotel with beautiful communal areas but the rooms in basement are a little worn around the edges. There was a chunk missing from the door frame in the bathroom and the lid of toilet cistern was cracked. Having said that though, it's still a lovely hotel and you can't fault the staff who are extremely helpful. The complimentary wine hour and coffee in the morning are a nice touch. It's in a great location and is very nice with a more traditional feel than the usual Kimpton experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear cp-k-v,

Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel and staff. You're right that we're not as funky as some other Kimpton Hotels you may know, but we still offer the same wine services, coffee and attention that you appreciate. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you at another Kimpton Hotel (maybe even ours!) again very soon.