All reviews old town alexandria king street boutique hotel small hotel corner room favorite hotel the entire staff valet parking street parking room was clean and comfortable shops and restaurants dc area happy hour free trolley kimpton turndown metro
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We chose this hotel because of it's location, within walking distance of most restaurants and the dockside in Old Town. The service was top notch, and the hotel had some special features like tea in the afternoon and free wine from 5 - 6 PM. It has an "Old South" feel but was built in 1985 and has all the modern conveniences. This hotel is an excellent value with most rooms under $150/night. Suggest you upgrade to a room with a king bed.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room on a high floor with a king bed.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Kate E, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Don M,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am glad you were able to enjoy our hotel, amenities, service and location. Sounds like a winning combination to me!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I stayed at the Morrison House for a short trip to DC and was pleasantly surprised by the size of the rooms given some of the feedback listed in reviews. I stayed in a King DLX room which was extremely clean. The bathroom showed some signs of wear (cracked toilet seat/outdated tub) although was updated and also of a decent size. The room service was excellent and the restaurant staff did a wonderful job explaining the virtues of the various entrees on the menu.

I also wanted to commend Rachelle in guest services who was extremely helpful and provided wonderful service.

If my travels take me to this part of VA again, I would certainly stay at the Morrison House again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Sarah F,

Thank you so much for your review and great comments about our staff. I agree that they are a special part of our success! We'd be happy to have you again any time you are back in VA!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

If you're used to staying in Kimpton hotels don't expect this to be as funky. It's a very nice hotel with beautiful communal areas but the rooms in basement are a little worn around the edges. There was a chunk missing from the door frame in the bathroom and the lid of toilet cistern was cracked. Having said that though, it's still a lovely hotel and you can't fault the staff who are extremely helpful. The complimentary wine hour and coffee in the morning are a nice touch. It's in a great location and is very nice with a more traditional feel than the usual Kimpton experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear cp-k-v,

Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel and staff. You're right that we're not as funky as some other Kimpton Hotels you may know, but we still offer the same wine services, coffee and attention that you appreciate. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you at another Kimpton Hotel (maybe even ours!) again very soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I've always wanted to try this hotel. I frequently stay at the Lorien but the Morrison House had more favorable rates this time. I was not disappointed this is a great property. Polar opposite from the modern trendy feel of the Lorien, Morrison House is a walk back in time with very traditional furnishings embracing its rich history... Right down to the huge metal keys. My four post bed was amazing. The location is superb. King Street is steps away. The staff is friendly and accommodating. If I had one complaint and I would not call it a complaint really just a personal preference... I was placed on the first floor which is actually one floor down from the main lobby and it's essentially garden level. I had a half window and could see people's feet in the main garden out front. Would have liked to have been on a higher floor. All in all I was pleased and would recommend this property to anyone looking for a great Alexandria hotel.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the 1st floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Sombrero26
Kate E, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Sombrero26,

Thank you so much for taking the oportunity to try and experience Morrison Hosue! We are glad to hear that you noticed and appreciated the differences between our Kimpton Hotels, and are glad that we can offer something for everyone. We do allow reservatiosn to guarantee rooms on our upper floors, and if I can ever be of assistance in booking a future stay, please do not hesiate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Best,

Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I spent our first two nights as a married couple here, and we thoroughly enjoyed the accommodations! Hotel staff were friendly and accommodating, the room was large and beautiful, and we felt very pampered during our stay. It's centrally located in Old Town Alexandria, so take advantage of all there is to do and see while you're here! I can definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank QuickWhitTravel
Kate E, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear WhitO,

Congratulations! We were so excited to be a part of such a special occasion. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and please let me know if you can make it back to celebrate next year!