$74
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $105/night.

Best Western Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$102
$89
$109
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $143/night.

Holiday Inn Alexandria at Carlyle(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$124
$109
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

$134
$129
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $198/night.

Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$93
$84
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $146/night.

$103
$98
Hampton.com
$119
$105
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $164/night.

$98
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

$171
$158
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $194/night.

All reviewsold town alexandriaking streetboutique hotelsmall hotelcorner roommini barfavorite hotelthe entire staffvalet parkingstreet parkingroom was clean and comfortableshops and restaurantsdc areahappy hourfree trolleykimptonturndown
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I am going to echo some of the past reviews and highly recommend that when booking with this hotel, avoid the basement rooms. For $229, having a basement room is so not worth the money. When I reviewed this hotel last year, I had such a wonderful experience, but I was also on the upper floors. Due to my great experience, I was so excited to book this hotel for a couple vacation. This time around however, I too had a corner basement room and my fiance' and I were not totally happy when we discovered that our room was in the basement, but decided to give it a chance. On a Friday night, around 2AM, we awoke to moving chairs and loud noises from above. I complained to the front desk on Saturday morning and they assured me that the noise would not happen again. At around midnight on Saturday, we awoke to the same noise. Finally, I asked for another room, and they were accommodating and gave us a 5th floor room on our last night. For the amount of complaints the hotel has received regarding the basement rooms, I don't understand why the staff keeps on booking these rooms, especially when they know the room is right under the lounge/bar area. Overall, the rest of the staff is wonderful and the hotel is in a great location, just make sure you don't get stuck in the basement!

Room Tip: Don't book the basement rooms!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dawn R
Kate E, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Dawn R,

Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay. While we do have some rooms that are below the lobby level, our staff always does everything possible to honor requests made on reservations. I encourage anyone booking a reservation to consider the deluxe rooms which gurantee rooms on the top floors of the hotel. If you are in the area again, please feel free to give us a call and we would be happy to help with future reservations.

Best,

Reviewed May 22, 2014

We had stayed here in August of 2013 and couldn't wait to stay again. We even got our same room as requested. Staff & amenities are top notch. Very convenient to everything. The bar does close rather early and on Saturday there was no wine reception as everything was closed due to a wedding. Other than that it was a wonderful stay and we look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Get the top floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear 7springstrinityfla,

Thank you so much for the repeat visit and review! We are always so happy to welcome back our loyal guests and help make great memories for special occasions. We would love to have you back for anniversaries, birthdays, Saturdays... all days!

Hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed May 7, 2014

About two blocks off of King Street, close to absolutely everything in Alexandria, including the Metro connection to the Baseball Stadium. Rooms are a good size, everything IN the room worked well, wifi performed as expected, no glitches, no down time.

Good continental breakfast made a great start to the day and left room for street food and stadium food.

One of our fellow guests was a Landseer Newfoundland and we got to pet him and get a couple of very refined woofs. Next time we are bringing our terriers....they will fit right in!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nigel'smom

Dear nigel'smom,

Thank you so much for the review! We are excited for your "next time" too, and can't wait to meet your terriers. Please don't wait too long to come back, we have plenty of baseball weekends left!

Cheers,

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Their "first floor" is a basement floor, below the lobby level. A couple of their receptionists even tried to argue with me that I'm on the "ground floor, not the basement floor." When the window, at eye level, look out to the asphalt line of a dark alleyway, and straight on at recycle bins that haven't moved all week in the day time, it is not "ground level."

My room is an "upgraded" corner room, which, instead of one small window looking at one alley, is now two directions facing two dark alleys. Yay me. I did not feel comfortable or safe with my placement and made that clear to the staff. I asked my room to be changed each day. While I can understand they were fully booked, they did not make an effort to offer me an alternative in one of the other two Kimpton hotels, just 5 minutes walk each direction from the Morrison House, which I asked for.

The basement was bad enough, but I was directly below the bar. So I was listening to heels clacking on the hardwood flooring directly above me into the late night hours. For someone with hearing loss, that's saying a lot. Then I was also surrounded by service closets on both sides, so I hear the movements when the house keeping staff came through in the morning to set up.

I didn't have a single restful night. As I was traveling on business and had meetings all week long, I had to check out early to go to another hotel to get any semblance of sleep. I had been a loyal Kimpton member.. this definitely killed my enthusiasm for the chain, and, hands down, one of the most disappointing in the area. I echo the complaints of the Dec 2013 reviewer- run if you find out your room is on the first floor.

Room Tip: Don't agree to a basement level room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
7  Thank Jade_Unearthed
Kate E, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Jade,

I am sorry to hear that our avaialble rooms did not live up to your expectations. We try our best through for all of our reservations that certain room configuarations are below the lobby level. However, rest assured that booking our queen deluxe or king deluxe rooms will guarantee room placement on the hgher floors of the hotel. We do hope that you will come back to Kimpton, in Old Town or anywhere else around the country. If I can be of any assistance with futire reservation to help with a restful night's sleep, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Regards,

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I love Morrison House. The staff is welcoming and friendly, the interiors are elegant and comfortable, and the food is very good. The early evening reception is a great opportunity to meet other guests and sit and talk while nibbling on grilled french bread topped with various treats and sipping a nice white or red wine. The van service to and from Reagan National is pleasant and convenient. I was on a lower floor but my room was perfectly quiet. I had a corner room, so I wondered if I'd hear traffic or street noise on one side or the other, but blissful silence ruled.

The hotel is wonderfully convenient to the shops and restaurants of Old Town, and within walking distance to so much. I left rested and happy.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Tom M,

Morrison House loves you! We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience in Old Town with us. Remember us next time you are ready for a little R&R.

Best,