Morrison House, Autograph Collection
$235
$167
Westin.com
  • Room Service
SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town/Southwest(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$98
SpringHill Suites
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

Best Western Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$137
$125
$109
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$95
$90
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $100/night.

Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$134
$114
$143
  • Pool
$179
EmbassySuites.com
  • Pool
Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$139
$118
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

All reviewsold town alexandriaking streetboutique hotelkimpton hotelssmall hotelhandwritten notewine receptioncorner roommini barfavorite hotelthe entire staffvalet parkingwonderful hoteleach eveningking roomstreet parkingshops and restaurants
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel and paid about $80-90 over what the room was worth. Don't pay more than $160/night. The staff was great, coffee service in the morning was good, but the rooms were small and the location was not great.

Room Tip: The rooms are mediocre.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ontheincline
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear ontheincline,

Thank you for staying at the Morrison House and thank you for the nice feedback about our staff. You must have picked busy time to stay with us and I’m disappointed that you were not fully satisfied with the value. I would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your experience. I can be reached at tobias.arff@morrisonhouse.com.

Respectfully,

Reviewed April 30, 2013

A wonderful surprise indeed. We booked this Hotel due to a business trip, but being it was our anniversary I was looking for a romantic "not so congested" four star hotel in Alexandria Va. After reading your reviews we decided on the Morrison House. We found a "GEM"! The service was "like no other". It felt more like a "5 star bed and breakfast" than a hotel.Warm greetings every morning, a friendly staff through out the property no matter what time it was. Afternoon tea/coffee/wine/flavored water, cheese and cookies was a delight - the general manager was there to greet the new guests and share recommendations regarding restaurant's, attractions and entertainment in the area. The Piano Bar on the weekends is an experience. Everyone dresses in cocktail attire singing along to "Fiddler on the Roof" and other musical melodies - a real treat. Overall an elegant hotel with gracious service. Colonial Charm at its BEST!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Yoly M,

Thank you for staying at the Morrison House and for the TripAdvisor review. I really appreciate the nice comments about our service and your overall experience. How awesome that you were able to combine your business trip with a romantic anniversary celebration. It looks like you made the most of your time with us and I’m glad that you were able to enjoy our piano bar as well as our complementary evening wine reception.
I’m very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I booked this hotel through Expedia.com and because the rates quoted were lower than the average for a four-star hotel, I wasn't expecting much. Turned out to be a great experience, from the warm greetings every morning at the reception desk, to the willing and friendly car park guy, to the cookies upon arrival to the chocolates on the pillow every night. Would warmly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Heather W
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Hello Heather W,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Morrison House on Trip Advisor. I’m excited that you chose to stay with us and that your experience exceeded your expectations. We really appreciate the warm recommendation. Please come back to see us again soon.

Yours,

Reviewed April 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Morrison House for 4 days mid April. First mistake was booking through Travelocity Top Secret Hotels. I paid for a four star hotel, but this is no four star hotel. Once I found out the name of the hotel, I found review after review complaining about being put in their first floor (basement) rooms which are below grade, and look up at the street level. Sure enough, this is where they put us when we checked in, even though I asked to be put elsewhere. The response was, "Well, for what you paid for your room...we're full." The window in our room looked up at the courtyard in front of the hotel (at the feet of people standing or sitting there), so if there were people in the courtyard, we couldn't open our drapes because anyone sitting in the courtyard was 5 feet away and could look right in our window. The room also smelled moldy, and dank. When we asked to be moved again on our second night, we got the same story. The sad part is this was the worst part of an otherwise great vacation, and I could have gotten a beautiful room at Embassy Suites, the Hilton or the Marriott for the same price. I wouldn't pay $50 for this basement room (my husband kept referring to it as "the dungeon") if I knew that was what we were getting. When we go back to Alexandria again, we will go to the Embassy, Hilton, or Mariott. This was my first time using a Kimpton hotel, I'll never use one again, there are lots of choices out there. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice... I have used Luxury Link and other sites to book four star hotels and find new brands, but this is one brand no one needs to find.

Room Tip: Book at any other hotel that is not a Kimpton.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael W
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Michael W,

Thank you for choosing the Morrison House for your recent stay with us. I’m sorry that you were not satisfied with your room assignment and that we were not able to upgrade you do to our availability.
All of our deluxe rooms, which are located on the upper floors of our hotel, were reserved by guests who specifically booked these room types.
If you prefer to be on an upper floor please remember to reserve one of our “deluxe” rooms. The queen and king rooms are located on the lower level of our hotel as outlined in the room description on our homepage.
Again, I apologize that we were not able to change your room type and that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. I would be more than happy to personally assist you with any future reservation needs. I can help you with the room type selection and I will ensure that your next stay with us will be flawless.

Respectfully,

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I had had enough of Kimpton hotels, thought they were overpriced and fake, but I got a great deal on Snique Away and when I called Kimpton they not only matched the price but gave me a 25 dollar food and beverage credit! We stayed two nights for pretty much the same price as most people pay for one. I fell in love with the hotel when the housekeeper saw us at our door and said, "I have some cookies for you!" the decor was really lovely and elegant, although some of the bathroom fixtures were a little shabby, and it was spotlessly clean. The staff were all wonderful, attentive and friendly; I loved the butlers! The service at the restaurant was a little odd and spotty but the whole experience with the hotel was impeccable. The downstairs sitting rooms were fun, complete with a photo booth. Definitely would stay here again if I could get a great deal. A wonderful time!

• Stayed: April 2013
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear LeonaHtheQueen,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Morrison House on Trip Advisor. I’m glad that you were able to find such a great deal and that you truly enjoyed your experience with us. I hope that your recent stay with us might help to reenergize your love for Kimpton. Please come back to see us again soon.

Yours,