Morrison House, Autograph Collection
$116
$105
Kimpton
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

$123
$116
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $157/night.

SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town/Southwest(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$112
$89
SpringHill Suites
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

$109
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $129/night.

Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$105
Hilton.com
$107
Autograph
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $140/night.

$119
EmbassySuites.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $160/night.

Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$89
$80
Official Hotel
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $124/night.

Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$111
$98
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$136
$96
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $121/night.

All reviewsold town alexandriaking streetboutique hotelkimpton hotelssmall hotelhandwritten notewine receptioncorner roommini barfavorite hotelthe entire staffvalet parkingwonderful hoteleach eveningking roomstreet parkingshops and restaurants
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Morrison House for 4 days mid April. First mistake was booking through Travelocity Top Secret Hotels. I paid for a four star hotel, but this is no four star hotel. Once I found out the name of the hotel, I found review after review complaining about being put in their first floor (basement) rooms which are below grade, and look up at the street level. Sure enough, this is where they put us when we checked in, even though I asked to be put elsewhere. The response was, "Well, for what you paid for your room...we're full." The window in our room looked up at the courtyard in front of the hotel (at the feet of people standing or sitting there), so if there were people in the courtyard, we couldn't open our drapes because anyone sitting in the courtyard was 5 feet away and could look right in our window. The room also smelled moldy, and dank. When we asked to be moved again on our second night, we got the same story. The sad part is this was the worst part of an otherwise great vacation, and I could have gotten a beautiful room at Embassy Suites, the Hilton or the Marriott for the same price. I wouldn't pay $50 for this basement room (my husband kept referring to it as "the dungeon") if I knew that was what we were getting. When we go back to Alexandria again, we will go to the Embassy, Hilton, or Mariott. This was my first time using a Kimpton hotel, I'll never use one again, there are lots of choices out there. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice... I have used Luxury Link and other sites to book four star hotels and find new brands, but this is one brand no one needs to find.

Room Tip: Book at any other hotel that is not a Kimpton.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael W
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Michael W,

Thank you for choosing the Morrison House for your recent stay with us. I’m sorry that you were not satisfied with your room assignment and that we were not able to upgrade you do to our availability.
All of our deluxe rooms, which are located on the upper floors of our hotel, were reserved by guests who specifically booked these room types.
If you prefer to be on an upper floor please remember to reserve one of our “deluxe” rooms. The queen and king rooms are located on the lower level of our hotel as outlined in the room description on our homepage.
Again, I apologize that we were not able to change your room type and that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. I would be more than happy to personally assist you with any future reservation needs. I can help you with the room type selection and I will ensure that your next stay with us will be flawless.

Respectfully,

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I had had enough of Kimpton hotels, thought they were overpriced and fake, but I got a great deal on Snique Away and when I called Kimpton they not only matched the price but gave me a 25 dollar food and beverage credit! We stayed two nights for pretty much the same price as most people pay for one. I fell in love with the hotel when the housekeeper saw us at our door and said, "I have some cookies for you!" the decor was really lovely and elegant, although some of the bathroom fixtures were a little shabby, and it was spotlessly clean. The staff were all wonderful, attentive and friendly; I loved the butlers! The service at the restaurant was a little odd and spotty but the whole experience with the hotel was impeccable. The downstairs sitting rooms were fun, complete with a photo booth. Definitely would stay here again if I could get a great deal. A wonderful time!

• Stayed: April 2013
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear LeonaHtheQueen,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Morrison House on Trip Advisor. I’m glad that you were able to find such a great deal and that you truly enjoyed your experience with us. I hope that your recent stay with us might help to reenergize your love for Kimpton. Please come back to see us again soon.

Yours,

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Some of my family stayed at The Morrison House for a 4-day reunion & we were all totally impressed with the impeccable service. Johan & the delightful staff anticipated & fulfilled every request promptly & with a smile. The doormen were delightful & there is a warm & friendly ambiance in this lovely inn. Centrally located in charming Old Town Alexandria we were within easy walking distance of many, many wonderful restaurants & shops. The complimentary airport shuttle service simplified our transportation needs. We wished there were rooms with 2 queen beds but they accommodated us with roll-away beds. Our suite was perfect for family gatherings & the bar & restaurant were very nice, too. This will always be my place to stay when I'm in the DC area.

Room Tip: Nice size suites.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Hello Salli R,

Thank you for choosing the Morrison House for your family reunion. I’m glad that we were able to help make this special time for you and your family such a great memory. I will be delighted to share your kind words with our entire team and in particular with Johan. We are looking forward to welcome you and your family back whenever your travels bring you into our area.

Respectfully,

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this lovely boutique hotel last week and absolutely loved it! I cant say enough great things about it. Great location--easy walking distance to the main street in Old Town. Excellent, over-the-top friendly and attentive staff. Clean and beautiful. I'd return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2013
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Jane T,

Thanks a million for staying with us while visiting Old Town Alexandria. It is great to read such an overall positive review. We cannot wait to welcome you again soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This boutique hotel was superb little find. We had never heard of the Kimpton brand before. Although we were unable to successfully contact the hotel from Reagan to arrange for shuttle service to the hotel, we were able to use that service on return to the airport. The hotel is about 15 minute walk from the King St. metro station (although we walk briskly and don't view rolling our luggage that distance to be an impediment; others might). Had no problems finding the hotel. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. We had a beautiful room on the top floor which was extremely comfortable. We had received several perks as a result of signing up for the Kimpton's loyalty program on booking and took full advantage of those. The complimentary wine and hors d'oevres in late afternoon is a nice touch. We cannot comment on the restaurant breakfast as we found the room service price for breakfast to be so reasonable, we opted for that. We felt like we were treated like royalty and would recommend this hotel to other travellers. Hope to stay again when we return to the Washington area.

Room Tip: In light of some recent comments I see here, and based on my travel experience generally, upper floor rooms in virtually all hotels are preferable.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Leanne_Bear,

Thank you very much for choosing the Morrison House and for your kind words. I’m glad that you discovered Kimpton and I hope that you will have the chance to experience some of our other awesome properties throughout the country. I’m sorry to hear that you were able to contact us from Regan National airport to request our complementary shuttle. It is fantastic to read that you had such a great experience and that you felt that we treated you like royalty. Please come back soon!

Tobias Arff