New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersGold level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

My 6 colleagues and I had a wonderful experience at the Morrison House in Alexandria, VA. The rooms were lovely, and the staff was very helpful during our Inauguration week stay. Recommendations for restaurants, nightlife, and transportation were top notch. I will make plans to stay there again when I visit Washington, DC.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
morrison_house, General Manager at Kimpton Morrison House, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear jsw15000,

Thank you for your kind review and thank you for choosing the Morrison House for this exiting time.
It is awesome to hear that you and your colleagues enjoyed your experience with us. Please reach out to me directly if I can be of any assistance with your future plans. I can be reached at: tobias.arff@morrisonhouse.com

Tobias Arff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I spent four nights at the Morrison House in connection with the inaugural festivities in DC. More than any place I've stayed in the past several years, I found myself raving to my colleagues about how fabulous Morrison House was throughout our stay. I believe we all had a similar impression of the place. Tobias and his team treated us wonderfully - truly gave us a feeling that he genuinely wanted our stay to be special. It was! I'll be back to Old Town Alexandria at some point and will be staying at Morrison House again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear dgarbs,

I remember you and your group well; you guys were so much fun. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay as much as we enjoyed hosting you.
Thank you for the awesome feedback. We can’t wait to welcome you back!

Tobias
Cambridge, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have never been treated so well at a hotel. When traveling solo, the simple kindnesses and courtesies mean so much. The rooms are lovely and cozy, and the staff treats you like royalty. I love Morrison House!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
morrison_house, General Manager at Kimpton Morrison House, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Happy Birthday scully50,

Thank you for your very kind words, they really mean the world to us. We are super excited that you felt like royalty and we love to welcome you back soon.

Westborough, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at the Morrison House, in the heart of old Alexandria, one night on our drive from the snowbelt to Florida. I would not say that the Morrison House lives up to the first class polish implied by its website, but it was clean and comfortable for one night, and the staff was extremely helpful. We would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello ADGrantley,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and other travelers.
I’m glad that you found our team to be extremely helpful and that you would stay with us again.
Base on your feedback it however looks like that we did not entirely knock your socks off.
I would appreciate and feedback you could share with me and I can be reached at: tobias.arff@morrisonhose.com.
Please let me know if there is anything I can assist you with in the future.

Respectfully,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

My wife & I recently celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary and decided on Olde Town Alexandria for our destination. This was a great choice overall but our decision to stay @ The Morrison House was an EXCELLENT decision. From the time we pulled up to the front entrance after our 4 hour drive we were greeted by the hotel staff, they carried our bags, parked our car, checked us in quickly, and provided a perfect room for us to stay!!!

The staff was outstanding, many calling us by name during our entire stay- this was amazing to say the least. We had a wonderful time and many, many, many thanks to The Morrison House for making our 30th wedding anniversary pleasant & memorable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 13BobL13
Dear 13BobL13,

Happy 30th anniversary! I’m honored that you chose the Morrison House to celebrate this great milestone. I’m thrilled to hear that we were able to make your time with us special and I hope to see you for your 31st anniversary.

Thanks for your fantastic feedback,

Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

I had the incredible pleasure of staying at the Morrison House (a Kimpton hotel) in late December 2012. I was in the process of relocating from New England to the South and had my pet dog with me. I was very concerned about being able to find pet friendly accomodations along the way - while researching the internet I was directed to Morrison House by petswelcome.com. Not only is the Alexandria, VA Morrison House pet friendly but ALL Kimpton Hotels are. When we arrived at the dramatic and gorgeous civil war era mansion we were greeted by Abdullah who welcomed us as if we had been there many times before, he made me feel at home instantly! He greeted my dog and myself and got us checked in and comfortable very quickly. The room was beautiful and well appointed. The concierge was so helpful and kind as was all of the staff from room service personnel to the gentleman that brought ice to the room. Once settled my dog and I went for a wonderful walk in the old city, cobblestone streets, beautiful shops and kind and friendly passers by. After our walk we returned to the room to order some room service for dinner. My meal arrived very quickly and did not dissapoint. The next morning Sabrina helped us out with our checkout and just as Abdullah had when we arrived she made us feel appreciated as a guest and wished us well and Happy New Year with a kind and sincere smile. We had to set out again on our trip but I will not forget the brief yet terrific stay at the Morrison House and have pledged that we will be back soon to explore the area even more in the very near future. Thank you to all the staff that helped make our short stay so memorable!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor, it was very quiet...you would never know there were several dogs and chi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Denise D
morrison_house, General Manager at Kimpton Morrison House, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Happy New Year Denise D,

Thank you for taking the time to write this awesome review. I hope you settled in nicely in the South and I wish you all the best for the future. I’m thrilled that you and your dog had an all around awesome experience with us and that Abdullah, Sabrina and the rest of our team made your short stay in Alexandria such a positive one.

Please don’t be a stranger!

Marshfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

The Morrison House is OUTSTANDING ! We were driving from Massachusetts to Miami and thanks to other Trip Advisor reviews selected the Morrison House. We were not disappointed. Our corner room was outstanding, beautifully appointed with windows that open !!!! Dinner and drinks at The Grill ended a long day on the road and the area was quaint and perfect. Only wish we had more time to explore the neighborhood ... but we will on our return north! This hotel is a must for anyone in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. We were on the 5th floor. Very quiet and lovely.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JayMarshfield
Dear JayMarshfield,

Thanks for the outstanding review of your stay at the Morrison House. Looks like we knocked it out of the park!
It sounds like you have to come back to experience all the fun and beauty Old Town Alexandria has to offer. We are looking forward to welcome you back with open arms!

See you soon!