Best Western Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$89
$109
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

$119
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $177/night.

$74
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $109/night.

Holiday Inn Alexandria at Carlyle(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$109
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $141/night.

$129
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $205/night.

Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$93
$84
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

$103
$98
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

$98
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

$171
$158
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $190/night.

All reviewsold town alexandriaking streetboutique hotelsmall hotelcorner roommini barfavorite hotelthe entire staffvalet parkingstreet parkingroom was clean and comfortableshops and restaurantsdc areahappy hourfree trolleykimptonturndown
Reviewed June 12, 2012

From the time we checked in until we left, we felt welcomed be every staff member. We were greeted as soon as we exited the elevator and each time we returned to the hotel. When I asked the desk clerk about directions in Washington, she found coupons for us to use at the museums. At the evening "Happy Hour," the staff was attentive but not overbearing.
It's location is great - just off King Street and about equidistant from the waterfront and the Metro Station. As a matter of fact, since we love to walk, we didn't move our car until we checked out. You can find restaurants close by or take a stroll to the waterfront for more selections. There is also a restaurant on-site.
The room was lovely, with three windows and a really comfortable bed.
The next time we visit Alexandria, the Morrison House will be the place we'll stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Dear lilygirl1999,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. It is great to hear that our team made you feel welcome, that your room was lovely and that you enjoyed our central location in Old Town Alexandria. We are looking forward to welcome you back at the Morrison House upon your return to Alexandria.

See you soon,

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I had a bad experience here because of dogs.

Our room was spacious and comfortable but with minimal amenities - no local map or tourist information, nasty industrial shampoo made of sodium laureth sulphate.

The coffee in the downstairs lounge, an organic Guatemalan variety, is terrific, bit only available until 10 a.m.

The big disappointment was the dogs and the inadequate response of the hotel. We spent a busy Saturday seeing lots of Alexandria and I returned to the room greatly looking forward to a quiet couple of hours with a book. (This was our first weekend in three years without the kids.)

Instead, a dog was howling in the next room - not barking, but howling endlessly and without letting up for a moment. In fact, I think that it had been shut into a bathroom adjacent to ours, so it was particularly loud and resonant.

After a half hour of this, I called the front desk and the person who answered (he didn't volunteer a name) told me that he would call the dog's owners, giving me the impression that he somehow knew that they were nearby and the situation could be remedied. I received no further update and the same infernal noise was still going on over an hour later when we went out to dinner.

The next morning, this same dog started barking again and set off another dog barking in the room across the hall.

When we checked out, I told the front desk staff that I was disappointed with the experience at the hotel. I had no prior experience of Kimpton Hotels, but thought that they aimed at customer satisfaction. I thought that some appropriate response might be either a notional reduction in the bill or an offer of a concessionary rate on a future visit. Instead, I was offered the lame response that the dog "must have been part of the wedding party that was here over the weekend".

Bottom line is that if you travel with a dog and don't care who it bothers, the Morrison House would love to hear from you. If you don't fit that description, I encourage you to look elsewhere.

To add insult to injury, I've received an email from SniqueAway saying that they're offering a spring rate of $129 a night. We were charged $206.

Room Tip: We liked Room 303 - at the back of the hotel, no street noise, windows on two sides.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jonat1x
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Dear jonat1x,

Thank you for choosing the Morrison House for your recent stay with us and thank you for your review. I like to sincerely apologize for the challenges you experienced during your stay with us.
I’m very thankful that you gave me the opportunity to talk to you over the phone after I read your review. This gave me the opportunity to not only personally apologize but also explain our pet policy in detail to you.
All Kimpton Hotels are pet friendly and this includes the Morrison House. We pride ourselves on having a very well working pet policy in place that helps us to make the stay of guests with and without pets most enjoyable.
Unfortunately in your case our process did not work and I very sorry for the inconvenience this caused you. We did not do a good job in communicating our efforts taken to you and I like to ensure you that I addressed this with our entire team.
Part of our pet policy is that every guest who travels with a pet signs a waiver at check in. This waiver informs them that their pet needs to be on best behavior by keeping the noise level down. We also require a cell number so we can reach them at all times.
In your particular cases we were unfortunately not able to reach the pet owner. They did not answer their phone and they did not returned our voicemail. This luckily happened very rarely as most pet owners who travel with their pets are very experienced and very responsible and respectful of the needs of others. I also like to mention that we have non pet floors at the Morrison House and we are happy to accommodate this room request at all times.
Thank you again for taking time to talk to me. I can’t wait to welcome you back to a quiet and flawless experience at the Morrison House.

Respectfully,

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Checked in and were put in a basement level room which we did not care for but the Front desk staff happily moved us to another floor which was superior. Service was great overall and the breakfast was delicious. Overall room quality was excellent and I would buy one a mattress just like the one I slept on if I knew the brand.

Room Tip: I did not like the basement level room but the accommodated my when I asked to be relocated.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Dear Lynn H,

I’m glad that you enjoyed your experience with us and that we were able to find you a room that you felt was superior. Our rooms on the lower level are the same size and they have the same amenities as our rooms on the upper floors and they are extremely quite. Some of these rooms do have a little bit smaller windows and they might not get the same amount of sun as some of our high floor corner rooms. I like to thank you that you for informed us about your room preferences as this gave us the opportunity to find you a room that you truly enjoyed.
In regards to the mattress, please give me a call at the hotel at 703.838.8000. I would be happy to give you all necessary information to purchase one of our mattresses for your own home. We have them at my home and we truly enjoy them!

Hope to talk to you soon and thank you again,

Reviewed June 5, 2012

The Morrison House has many folks waiting to take care of you. Just like visiting a favorite relative who wants your stay to be perfect, the doorman waits on the steps to open your car door with an umbrella(it was raining) then escort you inside. Everyone wants you to be happy and it is true southern hospitality. If you choose a Kimpton hotel (this is the 3rd one we stayed at) you can be assured of elegance, friendliness, cleaniness, a comfortable bed, and everything you need to make your vacation perfect. They give you lots of attention as if you are their only guest.
They leave apples in a bowl in the hall, offer wine tasting at dinner and coffee in the morning. This is like a comfortable old inn built in the Old Alexandria architecture. One of the nice things about it is that you are close enough to walk down King Street, the shopping area, but it is a block away from the crowds and noise. The hotel has a romantic ambiance which works great for a romantic weekend any time.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Misseydog2,

The headline of your review is just awesome and I like to thank you for the kind words about our team and your overall experience.
The Morrison House is a true boutique Hotel and I’m fortunate to work with a great team of carrying people. We try to give every guest the personalized service and attention that they deserve when choosing a luxury hotel and I’m thrilled that your stay was such as pleasant one.
Thank you for your loyalty to Kimpton Hotels and I hope to welcome you back soon!

Sincerely, one of your new "favorite relatives",

Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is the place to go for your romantic weekend. Too much of alexandria king street is commercial and glitzy. But the Morrison house is like stepping into another world. They are old school, where you are not just a customer, but thier customer. From the moment you drive up, you are the center of attention! The dinning room is small, with indiviual attention that you can not get anywhere else in the town!

Room Tip: Ask if you can get a back room on the 2nd floor, they over look the other houses gardens and you do not hear the street.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pappa207

Dear papa207,

Thank you for choosing the Morrison House for a romantic weekend. It is great to hear that you had a positive and unique experience with us and that you felt like you were the center of attention from the moment you arrived.
Please let me know if there is anything I can assist you with in the future. Hope to welcome you back soon,

Yours,