All reviewsold town alexandriaking streetboutique hotelsmall hotelcorner roommini barfavorite hotelthe entire staffvalet parkingstreet parkingroom was clean and comfortableshops and restaurantsdc areahappy hourfree trolleykimptonturndown
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My wife and I were departing on an international flight from DCA so we decided to get a little more sleep by overnighting near DCA the night before. Our choice of Morrison House was the perfect alternative to the Ritz at Pentagon City or any of the airport hotels at Crystal City. We found it online for an awesome rate of $120 per night verses the comparable Ritz-Carlton at $499 and the airport hotels at $295+. Morrison House is located 3 miles from DCA in historic Old Town Alexandria. It is a luxurious inn now managed by the small but nice Kimpton Hotels. The accommodations are very nice. Marble baths, comfortable bedding, classic luxurious decor. The staff is unbelievably helpful and friendly, catering to every need! We ordered home-made lemonade and a goody tray of fresh hot cookies, chocolate-dipped strawberries, truffles, and other home-made treats which we enjoyed in the courtyard by a fountain. I highly recommend the Morrison House for anyone visiting Old Town Alexandria or with an early morning flight from DCA.

Room Tip: There is a free shuttle service to DCA after 7:00 a.m.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Dear Richard N,

I’m glad that you enjoyed your short stay at the Morrison House. To bad that you did not have more time to explore the amazing city of Old Town Alexandria. I hope that you will be back soon and thank you for the nice comments!

Yours,

Reviewed April 12, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the Morrison House. The location is EXCELLENT, the staff are very friendly and helpful, and the room was lovely. It felt very "authentic Old Town" even though we found out the property is only 27 years old! We were upgraded to a suite because it was my husband's birthday, and they sent a big iced cupcake up to the room which was a lovely touch.

Room Tip: We were right across from the elevator on the 3rd floor, and it did get a little loud. Maybe ask for a room that's a little more private.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Dear Kate F,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m glad that you and your husband enjoyed your birthday getaway and that our team was able to give you some extra perks to properly celebrate his big day.

Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Itbwas our first time at the Morrison housevand the location was just perfect. The room was nice but we were in a king deluxe in the basement. That was a mistake there was a large wedding that night and every hour we heard a jump or tables being moved. I spoke to a man behind the desk when we left but he was like I'll remember that. No offer of making it right. Nice spot won't stay again if were in the basement.

Room Tip: Make rue your not in the basement
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Dear Hogan2013,

I’m sorry that your recent experience with us did not meet the high standards we are known for. I’m very disappointed that you were disturbed by noise in particular as our rooms on the garden level are usually extremely quite. I would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your experience and I hope that you will give me the chance to make it up to you.
You can reach me at tobias.arff@morrisonhouse.com or by calling the Hotel at 703.894.6342.

Respectfully,

Tobias Arff

Reviewed March 26, 2012

Besides the Morrison being a cozy and comfortable, historic, yet modern place to stay - the customer service was beyond what I have experienced in many hotels! First, I had a credit card issue that required the staff to go against policy to fix, yet, they did it anyways which made a world of difference for me since I was on a business trip! Next, I had a personalized hand written note waiting for me upon my arrival welcoming me to Morrison, along with two very freshly baked cookies wrapped with individualized care! Third, the front desk staff knew I was a bit frazzled with my work day and my credit card issue and took a quick minute to remind me that I could get a glass of wine (free) in the main living area of the hotel - which may be just what I need - which is was! I wish I had time to enjoy that more, but it was great to go downstairs and soak out the wonderful atmosphere with my glass of wine before heading out for my evening meeting. Next, each time I entered the Morrison and left the Morrison, there was a gentleman holding the door open for me - just a wonderful, personal touch to have this service, made me feel so relaxed and catered too. Finally, upon leaving Morrison, I completed their onine survey and gave them great feedback about my experience including a note that I left something back in my room! Well, the manager personally contacted me about my survey and thank me for taking the time to complete it - and even offerred to mail me the item I left back. Fabulous team at the Morrison! You will get first class service all around!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Dear RFamily2010,

I ‘m very glad that our team was able to turn the stressful situation with your credit card into and overall pleasant experience. Feedback like yours reminds me how lucky I’m to be able to work with such a caring and dedicated team. We can’t wait to open our doors for you again and to pamper you with homemade cookies, delicious wine and genuine care.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Very cute hotel. Loved the charm the rooms had and character that the building holds. The staff was very nice. Its in walking distance to everything in old town. We had dinner at the restaurant-it was a bit pricey but our waiter was great! Only one other table was with us, so we felt like we had the whole dining room to ourselves. If your looking for a romantic getaway for a night close to home, this is a great place!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Stephanie B,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write this kind review and I’m glad you had a romantic getaway. You mentioned that we are close to your home so please swing by again soon!

Yours,