Holiday Inn Alexandria at Carlyle(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$104
$93
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $138/night.

Best Western Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$116
$89
$98
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

$121
$112
Kimpton
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $184/night.

$83
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $106/night.

$139
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $177/night.

$134
$129
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $194/night.

Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$115
$84
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$119
$107
  • Restaurant
SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town/Southwest(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$121
$107
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

All reviewsold town alexandriaking streetboutique hotelsmall hotelcorner roommini barfavorite hotelthe entire staffvalet parkingstreet parkingroom was clean and comfortableshops and restaurantsdc areahappy hourfree trolleykimptonturndown
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Very cute hotel. Loved the charm the rooms had and character that the building holds. The staff was very nice. Its in walking distance to everything in old town. We had dinner at the restaurant-it was a bit pricey but our waiter was great! Only one other table was with us, so we felt like we had the whole dining room to ourselves. If your looking for a romantic getaway for a night close to home, this is a great place!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Dear Stephanie B,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write this kind review and I’m glad you had a romantic getaway. You mentioned that we are close to your home so please swing by again soon!

Yours,

Tobias

Reviewed March 23, 2012

This is my first review I have ever written about a travel experience. Fortunately, all my travel experiences have been good. Most have met my expectation but only one has surpassed them. My wife and I needed to have a get a way in the worse way and while researching online I found an article about the Morrison House Grille which is a quality restaurant in Old Town Alexandria. I also found it was housed in Morrison House that had 45 rooms. I thought I would take a chance because it was also a pet friendly hotel with a great reputation.

I will never regret taking that chance because it turned into one of the best weekend's my wife and I have spent together. The reason goes beyond our relationship and is largely due to the outstanding service afforded us while we were there. From the beginning we were greeted by name and all of our needs were met from our car to our luggage. Our treatment was like that one would expect paying $300 or more a night. Our rooms were moderately priced but the staff and room were beyond expectations. Equally important as our treatment was the kind service given to our small dog Maxwell. We all had a wonderful evening and can't wait for the next opportunity to go back to the Morrison House.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LeBron P

Dear Hogan2013,

Thank you for choosing the Morrison House Hotel for your recent stay and for your first Trip Advisor review. I’m glad that all your past travel experiences were good once and I’m excited that your stay at our hotel surpassed them. It means a lot to my team and me that your weekend at the Morrison House was one of the best you and your wife have spend together. It would be our honor to welcome you back and I like to offer you my personal assistance in making any upcoming visits as enjoyable as your last one.

Please say hey to Maxwell and I hope to see you soon!

Tobias

Reviewed March 22, 2012

I travel up and down the East Coast for my job and stay in thousands of hotels. The Morrison House is my favorite. It is much more than a hotel, it is a home away from home. From the time I drive up and the butler welcomes me by name until the time I leave their customer service exceeds any other business I know. The rooms have the most comfortable beds and the food is incredable. The location alone makes it worth the stay let alone the reasonable price for the service and comfort you receive. I can't say enough about how enjoyable it is to stay at the Morrison House.

Room Tip: All rooms are great but my favorite ate the ones that end in 02, for example room 402
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Dear JenJack1889,

We are very glad that you discovered the “Hidden Gem” the Morrison House. It is an honor that a frequent traveler like you calls our Hotel his home away from home.
I’m fortunate to lead a team that genuinely cares about the satisfaction of every single guests experience. It is great to hear that you feel that our customer service exceeds any other business you know. I hope you will reach out to me directly if there is anything I can ever assist you with.

Respectfully,

Reviewed March 22, 2012

We stayed at Morrison house for four days, March 10 - 14. We travelled from New York by
Amtrak. Old Town Alexandria is a fabulous walking town, no need for a car if you are staying
in the town. Took the Metro into D.C., was very easy. The hotel was wonderful, from the decor, to the food, and the exceptional staff. Definitely felt like a welcomed quest. We will definitely
be back.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Dear AuntP0121,

I really appreciate that you took the time to write this kind review. Taking the Amtrak truly is such a convenient way to travel between NY and
Old Town Alexandria. I personally often take the Metro from Alexandria into DC so I do not have to worry about traffic or parking.
It is great to hear that you enjoyed our food, the décor of the Morrison House and thank you for calling our staff exceptional.
Please let me know if there is anything I can assist you with in the future.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

Wonderfully appointed rooms, just off of King Street but feeling like you are sequestered in a wonderful pied a terre. Will definitely stay here again

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sandra C
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Dear Sandra C,

I’m very pleased that you were satisfied with you guestrooms and our location. We can’t wait to see you again soon.