Best Western Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$102
$89
$98
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $139/night.

$83
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $102/night.

Holiday Inn Alexandria at Carlyle(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$106
$93
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $141/night.

$129
Autograph
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $190/night.

Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$115
$107
$121
$112
Kimpton
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $181/night.

Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$134
$122
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

$129
$114
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $156/night.

SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town/Southwest(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$131
$116
SpringHill Suites
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $141/night.

All reviewsold town alexandriaking streetboutique hotelsmall hotelcorner roommini barfavorite hotelthe entire staffvalet parkingstreet parkingroom was clean and comfortableshops and restaurantsdc areahappy hourfree trolleykimptonturndown
Reviewed November 14, 2011

This was a lovely hotel in a lovely location. Alexandria is a lovely colonial suburb of Washington DC and would always recommend staying there. The hotel was lovely, service was fantastic and in a great location. I particularly enjoyed the wine tasting they do every night between 4pm and 6pm. Alexandria has everything for evening meals and drinking sociable atmosphere. There is the Alexandria trolley that runs up and down the main street and is free to use. It goes from the river all the way to the Train station. The train journey to the centre of DC is about 10 minutes and costs about a dollar. The only down side of this hotel was the parking charge imposed upon you even though you were a guest in the hotel, I thought $25 per night for guests was expensive, especially as we had paid over $750 for our room for 3 nights.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rich H
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2011

Dear Rich H,

It looks like you really took advantage of the amenities and services we have to offer. It is a Kimpton tradition that we pamper all of our Hotel Guest with complementary coffee in the morning and with wine in the evening. We actually added some fun items on to make it a little bit cozier in the wintertime. We added hot chocolate to the morning coffee station and we added apple cider and to our evening manager hosted wine reception that takes place from 5pm to 6pm and not to forget how about a Hot Toddy? It is great to see that you took advantage of the free Old Town Trolley and some of the great restaurants our town has to offer. I like to ensure you that our parking fee is very competitive to other Hotels in the area and we sometimes even offer packages that include valet parking.

Thank you again for the great feedback,

Reviewed November 13, 2011

So if you're looking for a very good place to lay your head down in the heart of trendy Old Town Alexandria....this is your spot. Great attidtude - helpful and friendly, great location just off main street, and very cozy rooms with just enough charm and quiet to refresh.

Room Tip: If you care, ask for a room with a view other than the alley. Not a problem, plenty of air and light, but a view would have been the topping on the dessert.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JimGoThere

Dear imGoThere,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write this TripAdvisor review. It is great that you had a good time at the Morrison House and we are looking forward to welcome you back!

Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed November 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Morrison House for our three year wedding anniversary. We arrived early in the morning after a red-eye and were given a room upon arrival. However, it was the only room available, and it was room 111. Note to all future travelers: do not take any rooms on the first floor (this is below ground). We had a view of a brick wall and so much noise we couldn't sleep. We asked to be moved and were given the opportunity the next morning. Room 308, needless to say, was much better.

The rooms are small, but nice. The bed was very comfortable, and I really appreciated all of the amenities. Luxurious bathrobe, Aveda products, and a list of products that you can request if you forgot anything at home.

The location is great - for Alexandria. However, if you want to get into DC, you have to walk 15 minutes to the metro. While that doesn't seem like very much, after a long day touring DC, it can be quite cumbersome, and both my husband and I are big walkers. Also, a ride into the city on the metro takes about 45 minutes, so that also needs to be factored in when planning your day if you are on a time schedule. A cab from the King Street metro will cost around $6-$8. We enjoyed the Dunkin Donuts on our walk to the metro every day though.

The staff was somewhat bi-polar. We had some people help us out who were amazing (special shout-out to Jose who helped us with our luggage!) Then, there were others who made it seem like it was a chore even talking to us.

My overall view of the Morrison is that it is a nice hotel. However, given the chance, if I were just visiting DC, I would stay in DC.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank faithc

Dear faithc,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I’m glad that my team was able to accommodate you with and early check in but I’m sorry that the only room available that early did not meet your room preference of a high floor. I wanted to share the possibility to take the King Street Trolley that runs every 15 minutes to get a complementary ride up and down King Street. The Trolley runs daily from 11am to 10pm and many guests are taking advantage of this service.
Thank you for the kind comment about Jose who truly is a rock star. I would love to get some more details about some other interactions you had with my team that might not have exceeded your expectations. It is your feedback that gives us the opportunity to grow and I would appreciate if you could contact me so I can learn more about your perception.

Respectfully,

Reviewed November 10, 2011

From the moment I drove into the valet parking area of this lovely old town hotel, I felt welcomed and cared for. My bright cheerful corner room was lovely, comfortable and very quiet. Everyone on the staff was friendly and helpful. I had to leave earlier than expected, so I am now looking for an excuse to go back to D.C. so that I can stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo

Dear DollarsMom,

I’m very happy that you enjoyed your room and our friendly and helpful team. Please let me know if you need my help in coming up with a good excuse to come back. I would consider the fact that you had to leave early a perfect excuse and my team and I can’t wait to welcome you again soon.

Yours,

Tobias Arff

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Just off King Street, the elegant Federal-style building with its gently curving double staircase leading to the entrance hall is your first clue that this is no ordinary hotel. The sense of history, colonial charm, and southern hospitality are evident in every detail from the warmth of the welcome as a staff member opens the door to invite you in to the unsurpassed level of service you are given throughout your stay. The beautifully appointed rooms contain the most comfortable and luxurious four poster beds imaginable and chairs that beckon you to curl up by the window with a good book (snuggly plush bathrobes also provided). Fresh baked cookies greet you upon arrival in your room and artisan chocolates appear on your pillow each night. The public areas of the hotel contain cozy nooks for reading, conversation, or sipping morning coffee or tea, a glass of wine in the evening, or the fresh-fruit-infused chilled water provided throughout the day. The hotel is pet-friendly, smoke-free, and has the intimate feel of a B & B (despite having 45 guest rooms) with all the amenities of a luxury grand hotel. The restaurant similarly manages to be both intimate and upscale, and the food and service are superb. This is definitely the place to stay if you want to be royally welcomed, pampered and indulged!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank lkoxford

Dear lkoxford,

Thank you for taking the time to write this very kind review. It is great to see that your experience with us was flawless and I’m very appreciative for the many kind words describing our Hotel. We try to make every guest experience special and I’m excited that you received the service we are striving for at all times.
Please ask for me directly if you are planning to come back so I can personally thank you.

Tobias Arff