The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection
$105
Kimpton
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town/Southwest(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
SpringHill Suites
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $129/night.

Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$105
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$100
$109
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $128/night.

Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$120
$97
ComfortInn
Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$136
$96
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $122/night.

$119
EmbassySuites.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $164/night.

Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$98
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$80
Official Hotel
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

1,916 results
All reviewshotel monacowine houranimal print robesold town alexandriaking streeta pet friendly hotelattached restaurantmini barhappy hourcomplimentary winevalet parkingtorpedo factorythe location is perfectfew blocksfree trolleywonderful hotelfront desk staff
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

It's very loud late at night if your put at the end of hall near the doors. I think it was workers going through with stuff. Witch would be normal if it wasn't late. It's not worth it at all because the hotel is highly price and they also make you pay for parking it in their garage. We paid $27 a night and it's more if you come and go a lot. There is no where else to park! I won't stay here again because it offending that you pay for a place to stay and they can't provide you with parking free of charge.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Laura B
ManagerMattHurlburt, General Manager at The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear Laura B,

Thank you for your review. I'm so sorry about the noise issues you experienced, please accept my sincere apologies. We do charge for parking in our garage, but there is not a fee for in/out priveleges, I'm sorry if there was any confusion on this.

There are alternative parking garages in the area that may be less expensive (which others here have shared) as an option for you in the future.

If you would consider staying with us again and I can personally help with setting everything up for you so that you would have a more enjoyable experience, please reach out to me directly at matthew.hurlburt@hotelmonaco.com and I would be glad to help.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed two nights on business, including using a meeting room, in July 2014. Hotel is tucked into a charming part of the city and it's easy to walk anywhere. They conveniently provide umbrellas in the closet of each room (which didn't help me when I left it in my room one evening!). This is a pet-friendly hotel but you'd never know it. I had a king room which was a little small but since it was only me in the room it made no difference. Bathroom layout was a little odd, but very tastefully done and included a shelving unit where I could place all my things. Conference room and food were very good. If in Alexandria on business or for vacation, I would definitely stay here again. Very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear cy1229,

Thank you so much, really appreciate the kind words. Great to know that you will come back as well!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Take care,

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I recently spent one night at the Monaco in Alexandria and was very pleased with my stay. The hotel is in the perfect location for those looking to explore all that Old Town Alexandria has to offer. From the hotel you can walk to anything and everything you could possibly want to do.

The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. The hotel itself is huge but some of the rooms can be small. I ended up in a corner room on the 6th floor. It felt more like an attic room with a tiny little window than a 4 star hotel room but it was a busy Saturday night and I was late to arrive so I understand that I probably didn't get the best of room they had to offer. Surprisingly, the bathroom was almost as large as the room itself. The bed was very comfortable and the room was nice and quiet.

All in all it was a good stay and I would definitely stay here again if I want to be right in the heart of Old Town.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear luxurybargainlover,

Thank you for trying us out for a night! Appreciate your review here as well.

I'm sorry that the room you recieved was a little bit smaller, we are addressing those few rooms with alternative furniture layouts in our upcoming guestroom renovation this winter.

Please do come back, we would love to have you!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

My family and I traveld to the DC area recently and decided to stay at the Monaco mostly due to the location in the middle of King Street. Having never stayed at a Kimpton property before, we were not sure what to expect, but this turned out to be one of our most favorite hotels we have ever stayed at.
The property is a lovely boutique hotel and it is clean, quiet and the staff is polite and very professional. Even though this property allows dogs, and we saw many of them, there was no smell and we heard no barking coming from any other rooms. The lobby is spacious and is a great place to enjoy the free afternoon wine as well as the cookies and treats that are also put out. Our room on the 5th floor was clean and gave us plenty of room to unwind. Some rooms offer small terraces to enjoy a drink or just relax.
We did not eat at the restaurant located next to the Monaco, but rather took advantage of the hotel's great location in the middle of Olde Town. We walked to shops and had a lunch and dinner at places right near the hotel Make sure to check out the Warehouse Bar and Grill a few blocks south of the hotel.
Getting into DC was easy..it was an easy 10 minute walk to the Metro, but there is a free trolley or cab service is the walk is too much.
Wi-fi is free at the hotel if you join the Kimpton loyalty program (which is free) and you also receive a $10 room credit towards anything from the mini-bar as well for joining. Well worth it.
This is a truly outstanding hotel and my wife and my wife and I will be returning as soon as we can to enjoy more of the luxury and service.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear mark3735,

Thank you for this wonderful review! It is so great to hear that you had such a fantastic experience here!

Sounds like you really took advantage of the location and explored the area to the fullest, hopefully there are still a few things left to see that will draw you back soon!

Thanks again and take care,

Reviewed July 15, 2014

First time to Alexandria with the family. Had an absolutely fabulous stay at the Hotel Monaco. Perfect location in the heart of "old town." Easy access to the Mount Vernon Trail system for running/biking. Short metro ride to DC. Great indoor pool for the kids. Great "free wine" happy hour every afternoon for the parents! No complaints at all. Would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in the DC area. All employees were unbelievably friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If you aren't traveling with a dog, request one of the "dog-free" floors. (we stayed on the 3rd floor)
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear sportsdoc3,

Thank you for bringing the family and for sharing your comments here! Glad that you enjoyed the complimentary wine hour and that the kids took advantage of our indoor pool as well, hopefully they were around on a Saturday night to enjoy our Dive-in movie!

Take care and safe travels,