I stayed at the Monaco while attending a conference in DC. There were 2 huge downsides:
- The room had a sour, musty smell - seemed like the A/C had leaked and left that awful smell. I should have asked for a new room at that point, but I was already super busy with the conference and decided it wasn't worth the hassle.
- On my last night I discovered a huge COCKROACH on my wall. I killed it, and it was the only one I saw, but it was really disturbing.
I wish I could be leaving a better review - I heard great things about the hotel, and besides those two issues everything was nice. The bed, for what it's worth, was one of the most comfortable beds I've slept on in awhile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kimpton Hotel Monaco Alexandria, in the heart of Old Town Alexandria, is a luxury boutique hotel with rich design. Discerning travelers will appreciate the sumptuous décor, top-notch service and eclectic sensibility that this Kimpton Hotel provides. The hotel aptly reflects its historically rich surroundings, adding contemporary comforts for a memorable stay near Arlington National Cemetery, Mount Vernon and all of Washington DC's many attractions. Conveniently adjacent is the exceptional Jackson 20 restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Cancelon, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Kimpton Hotel Monaco Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Monaco Alexandria Kimpton