“Please be advised”

The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection
Ranked #8 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Great location however there are several major issues with this hotel. First dont drop anything and then look under the bed. This not a clean hotel. We had several rooms rented for a family wedding. The rooms are not clean. They smell of dog urine and if you look under the bed you will see enormous amounts of dog hair and dander. Second issue is the lack of service. The front desk would rather talk on the phone than help those customers waiting in line. It was irritating for everyone in line. It was midmorning and there were three in the back and one at the front desk. Also the conciere only knows of one restaurunt for breakfast. He needs to walk down King street as it is full of great places to eat. Unless you enjoy sleeping in dog hair and urine, you may want to reconsider.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank joseph4040
ManagerMattHurlburt, General Manager at The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Joseph4040,

Thank you for staying with us this past weekend, although I am very sorry that this was the impression you were left of the hotel. Obviously we take great pride in providing outstanding service and clean, comfortable rooms, I regret that you feel we failed on both accounts.

Please reach out to me directly if you would like to discuss this further, my email address is matthew.hurlburt@hotelmonaco.com, I would be happy to help.

Matt

Write a ReviewReviews (1,841)

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Loved this hotel! The service was outstanding and the room was unique and everything we wanted. The location was walkable to Old Town and the free trolley got us to the metro in minutes.
Of course the complimentary wine tasting was a plus. We met interesting people both nights of our visit. Stay here when going to Alexandria!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerMattHurlburt, General Manager at The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Kathy53Usa,

Thanks for the review and the recommendation! Love it!

Glad you enjoyed your time here, thank you for staying with us.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week last year and I'm sure glad that this is the place I picked! It couldn't be anymore central in Old Town and the Metro is a pleasant 15 minute walk up the street (or the free trolly stops outside). The room was really big with a spacious bathroom to match and a quirky decor without being OT and despite my room being on the King Street side it wasnt noisy. Staff and service were top notch as they tend to be in the States and the food is excellent though the pool is a little on the small side.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear aleightonbrown,

We're happy you picked us too!! Thanks very much for takign the time to write this review and share your great experience at the hotel!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

They thought of everything at this hotel. Bright umbrellas (yes, I was excited about the umbrellas), cool towels and cucumber water as you walk in, a fun wine hour, a well-stocked mini-bar, and fun robes--this hotel was awesome! The rooms are well-appointed and decorated in a manner that is so much more exciting than your normal hotel. The staff was very friendly, and the only thing I wish I could have changed was my room location. Perhaps it was just the people staying near me, but my stay here was quite noisy. That being said, I would most definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room down the hall from the elevators, as these rooms are not exactly sound proof
1  Thank AmeliaEnglish

Dear AmeliaEnglish,

Glad you liked it! Thanks for choosing us, and for sharing your comments here. We try to be unique and stand out from the typical hotel experience through personal service, interesting decor, and fun ambiance - thank you for appreciating that approach!

Safe Travels,

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I'm a loyal Kimpton Hotel customer and was pleased that the quality of the Monaco was as expected. The hotel is super cute and the rooms and bathrooms spacious and well appointed. Given the prime location of this hotel, I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone interested in staying in the Alexandria or greater DC area. Oh, and breakfast next door at Jackson 20 is great!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bonsuac

Dear bonsuac,

Thank you for your loyalty to Kimpton, and for staying with us this time! Glad you enjoyed the hotel!

Hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Spacious room, decorated with whimsy and great taste -- one of the cleanest rooms I have ever stayed in. A Mozart Rondo was piped in through the table top stereo when I entered my room - one of many a classy touch this hotel offers. Extremely comfortable bed but only gave sleep quality a three because noise from guests accessing the ice machine down the hall through the night interrupted my sleep more frequently than I would have liked. (Be sure to book a room as far from the ice machine as possible!) Attentive staff offered spot-on service. Wine tasting hour was a nice touch, really fun. What a great place in the heart of Old Town! Dog friendly, but because my dog didn't accompany me this trip, I booked a room on a dog-free floor. I will return again, and again!

Room Tip: Book a room as far from the ice machine as possible - it's very loud. You can book a room on a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Erieite,

Thank you for this wonderful review! We apprecaite the comments about the decor of the hotel and most importantly the excellent service provided by the staff, that is our key to success for sure!

Great to hear you will be coming back as well.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was our second visit. Great room and the staff is very friendly, do not think we have missed a wine social since day one. If you were to come to Alexandria, you would be losing out by not staying here. It is all about the location, they are central to the pulse of the town. Would do over and over again.

1  Thank Mark K

Dear Mark K,

Thank you for making the point that guests would be missing out if they didn't stay here - couldn't have said it better myself!

Honestly thank you very much for the kind words and for coming back to see us again.