“Wedding Guest Stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Virginia
“Wedding Guest Stay”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed here with my fiance for one of our friend's wedding. The wedding was held at the hotel and it was absolutely beautiful! However, our room was very disappointing. The bathroom was nice, but the room was a little small. What was really disappointing was the robes that we had use of in the room. Both my fiance and I were expecting plush and soft robes, however what we had in our room were crusty and almost grimy robes. I'm sure that they were clean, but they texture and look of the robes did not make either of us want to cozy up with them. For such a nice hotel, it was very disappointing. Also, the $1 breakfast deal is a bit of a let down as well. It covers coffee, fruit, juice, and pastries. When I think of breakfast I think of eggs and french toast. So my fiance and I passed on the breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1lilmiss

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
Washington dc
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I recently stayed with the Hotel Monaco in Alexandria while on a business trip. After traveling so much and so frequently, I have developed a good idea of how hotels should handle their guests, and the Hotel Monaco definitely goes above and beyond what is necessary. I was greeted at the desk by a very kind agent named Courtney who made sure all my accommodations were met and ensured that I would have the best stay possible with the hotel. The next morning room service was quite busy, so I was diverted to the front desk. Once again, Courtney answered the phone and ensure my order was taken and food was brought up to my room. I would definitely recommend this hotel for business clients, but it would also suit families as well. I did not take part in the kids hour (obviously), but I did make great use of the wine hour following. Great Hotel, Great Service, Great Value!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank rsamps58
Nebraska
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I was here for a meeting for a week June 30-July 6. Great location for restaurants and shops. My room was very comfortable. I thought the lobby was dark and way too much busy decor. The staff was nice.....helpful etc. Dogs are a huge presence here! The bell staff was very friendly and helpful.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sunny98
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Great location in old town alexandria. Good service, gym, pool, rooms. Pet friendly. Restaurant has good choices for dinner. Employees very helpful. Located near waterfront with many restaurant choices to choose from. Early evening wine service is included. Ambience is unique.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Richinitaly
dayton,ohio
Reviewed July 11, 2013

1. If you use valet parking, make sure lights are turned off and all doors are secured even if you have to check yourself. Got ready to check out and car was dead. They jumped it, but is was a fairly new battery with no problems before or after so I think it was not a battery problem. 2. The pool is small and overrun with kids. Pool attendant was too busy playing on her phone to get unused pool toys out and as usual parents paid no attention to their kids throwing football's around. They should have an adult swim an hour before pool opens and the last hour. 3. Got a $10 free pass for the minibar which I used but was charged for it on my final bill. Got it corrected, but check your bill.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank coasttocoast
Highlands, New Jersey
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Five star welcome to dogs from all over. Minutes from the 7pm and 8pm tour boat cruises in Old town Alexandria, the Monaco is the perfect host for pet lovers. The hotel and cruise ships hosts wonderful gatherings for dogs and dog lovers. Great on a hot summer day.

• Stayed July 2013
new jersey
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed at the Monaco for one Saturday night, family of 4, double room.. The hallways are somewhat dark but once you entered your room, it was cheerful, colorful and eclectic. The room and bathroom were a nice size. Very roomy for the 4 of us! All we truly cared about are clean and comfy beds and a clean bathroom and this hotel did not disappoint. The lobby always seemed crowded with guests (and lots of dogs). We opted for a pet free floor. The kids also enjoyed the indoor pool. Great location! Alexandria is such a quaint town with lots of restaurants and shops! Would definitely come back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family