The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection
$235
$167
Westin.com
  • Room Service
SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town/Southwest(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$98
SpringHill Suites
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $114/night.

Best Western Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$137
$125
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$95
$90
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $101/night.

Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$134
$114
$109
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $122/night.

Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$133
$124
  • Pool
$179
  • Pool
Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$139
$118
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

1,917 results
All reviewshotel monacowine houranimal print robesold town alexandriaking streeta pet friendly hotelattached restaurantmini barhappy hourcomplimentary winevalet parkingtorpedo factorythe location is perfectfew blocksfree trolleywonderful hotelfront desk staff
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Great location in old town alexandria. Good service, gym, pool, rooms. Pet friendly. Restaurant has good choices for dinner. Employees very helpful. Located near waterfront with many restaurant choices to choose from. Early evening wine service is included. Ambience is unique.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Richinitaly
Reviewed July 11, 2013

1. If you use valet parking, make sure lights are turned off and all doors are secured even if you have to check yourself. Got ready to check out and car was dead. They jumped it, but is was a fairly new battery with no problems before or after so I think it was not a battery problem. 2. The pool is small and overrun with kids. Pool attendant was too busy playing on her phone to get unused pool toys out and as usual parents paid no attention to their kids throwing football's around. They should have an adult swim an hour before pool opens and the last hour. 3. Got a $10 free pass for the minibar which I used but was charged for it on my final bill. Got it corrected, but check your bill.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank coasttocoast
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Five star welcome to dogs from all over. Minutes from the 7pm and 8pm tour boat cruises in Old town Alexandria, the Monaco is the perfect host for pet lovers. The hotel and cruise ships hosts wonderful gatherings for dogs and dog lovers. Great on a hot summer day.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed at the Monaco for one Saturday night, family of 4, double room.. The hallways are somewhat dark but once you entered your room, it was cheerful, colorful and eclectic. The room and bathroom were a nice size. Very roomy for the 4 of us! All we truly cared about are clean and comfy beds and a clean bathroom and this hotel did not disappoint. The lobby always seemed crowded with guests (and lots of dogs). We opted for a pet free floor. The kids also enjoyed the indoor pool. Great location! Alexandria is such a quaint town with lots of restaurants and shops! Would definitely come back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank littlemisstravel7
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I recently stayed at the Monaco for a July 4th Holiday Getaway with my boyfriend. I think this trip had its ups and downs so I'll list the positives and the negatives

The Positives:
- This Kimpton has the best location of any of the ones in Old Town. It is right across the street from a CVS and there is also a pastry shop the is convenient for breakfast in the mornings. Also the closest to the water. It is the furthest from the metro/amtrak but you could easily take the King Street Trolley.

- The hotel was beautiful and similar in decor with other Monaco's which is my favorite style of the Kimpton properties.

- The staff was awesome! Everyone was super friendly from the valet, to the bellman to the front desk staff.

- The standard rooms were quite large with ample space for 2 people or even more

- The Kimpton secret word scored us free parking which was awesome

The Negatives:
- This was the first Kimpton property that I've stayed at where my Inner Circle status didn't get me a room upgrade. That being said the rooms were very large but I was still surprised in 10+ stays this was the only one it had happened on, I guess I've just had pretty good luck.

- The hotel staff wasn't really informed on anywhere on the Virginia side that you could see the July 4th fireworks. I know Alexandria itself doesn't do its fireworks till the weekend following July 4th but we asked several times for locations on the VA side to see the fireworks and all they could really give us was directions into DC itself which we were hoping to avoid. It ended up we were able to walk along the waterside parks till we got to Oronoco Bay Park which gave us a good view.

- It was crowded - which is to be expected for a holiday weekend. What I didn't expect was an hour before the wine hour even started was for all the seating in the lobby to be taken already with people staking out their spots.

- Perhaps the worst part of the stay was that I managed to bruise my foot pretty badly in their shower. The drain on their tub screws in to the drain and somehow the one in our room was not screwed in it was just placed in the drain. I brushed the drain with my foot and the whole piece came out which then I stepped and tripped on and managed to bruise up my whole foot. While this may have been partially my own fault I really wish someone would check the drains to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Overall I really LOVE Kimpton properties but because of my bad experience in the shower I'm not sure if I would stay at the Monaco again when coming to Alexandria, I may choose another one of the properties.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple