The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection
$140
$122
Kimpton
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town/Southwest(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
SpringHill Suites
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $118/night.

Best Western Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$89
Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$116
$105
Hilton.com
$109
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $128/night.

Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$97
ComfortInn
$119
EmbassySuites.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $163/night.

Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$80
Official Hotel
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$98
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$118
$113
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

1,915 results
All reviewshotel monacowine houranimal print robesold town alexandriaking streeta pet friendly hotelattached restaurantmini barhappy hourcomplimentary winevalet parkingtorpedo factorythe location is perfectfew blocksfree trolleywonderful hotelfront desk staff
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I generally believe that hotels that are a good value are a compromise: Good Hotel OR Good Location. Monaco is both. I love Alexandria, there are many wonderful thing to see in DC proper but I find that after a long day of tourist trampling I look forward to the quaint streets of Alexandria.

Monaco is close to a variety of choices for ANY meal. Whatever price point you are looking for you can find within walking distance of this hotel. The streets are perfect for window shopping quaint boutiques and consignment shops, buy souveniers or get errands done (post office anyone?)

The common spaces in this hotel are beautiful but what I really love is the decor in the rooms. The small picture boxes and the luxe bedding and toiletries are simple elegant details.

The complimentary wine reception is a lovely touch as is the restaurant hotel and bar for convenience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
ManagerMattHurlburt, General Manager at The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear Eurotripper,

Thank you for staying with us, and sharing all of these wonderful comments about the hotel and Old Town Alexandria here! You're right, it is refreshing to have so many locally owned businesses here that you can explore, with a completely different feel from downtown.

Safe Travels!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This March, my wife treated me to a stay at the Hotel Monaco for my birthday. This is the third time we've stayed at the Monaco and each visit is better than the last.

Situated in the center of Old Town the hotel is extremely convenient, within walking distance of the best restaurants, shopping and walking along the Potomac. The hotel itself is four-star all the way, offering large, clean, stylish rooms with wall-to-wall luxury. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, sincerely interested in making your stay as near-perfect as possible. And, if you're a pet-lover, like all Kimpton hotels, the Monaco is genuinely pet-friendly (none of those ridiculous hidden up-charges that other hotels hit you with). Last, if you want to use the hotel as a base to visit DC, it's ideal. You can either grab the Metro into the city or take an easy 15-minute drive and you're there.

We've never had a bad experience at any Kimpton (I think we've stayed at least 10 different ones) and the Hotel Monaco stands out as one of their best. It's nearly flawless, and a bargain on the weekends. If you're planning on visiting Northern VA or DC, be sure to put it at the top of your list of places to stay.

Room Tip: As for an upgrade if you're staying on a weekend. The bigger rooms are amazing.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear output555,

Thank you! It is great to hear how much you have enjoyed staying here at the Hotel Monaco Alexandria, and I'm definitely using your line about being one of your favorite Kimpton properties to brag to my colleagues!

Thanks again and take care,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I cannot say enough about this hotel. We took our son for his 11th birthday down to the DC Area and decided to stay here. They went above and beyond to make his day special, including a present and card signed by the hotel staff. The location was perfect and the whole staff was friendly and always there to help. I strongly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a floor without pets :)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear RIGreg,

Thank you for staying with us and for the recommendation for others to follow! It's very kind of you!

Our team really has fun helping folks celebrate special occasions and has become quite good at utilizing all the wonderful resources in Old Town Alexandria to come up with fun amenities and gifts!

Thanks again,

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I love the Kimpton hotels...I have stayed at several and have always found them to be exquisite....until now.

I was optimistic when I arrived at the Monaco as the decor was absolutely breathtaking. However, it all went downhill from there. My room itself had an undeniable dog stench. (I had forgotten that they allow canines into the hotel.) I also found that two of the lamps in the room were broken. (No, it wasn't that the light bulbs needed changing - the fixtures were literally broken. I spent the evening praying that there wouldn't be an electrical fire.) Before retiring for the evening, I had been assured that there was 24 hour room service as well as 24 hour valet service. I explicitly requested a pot of coffee to be brought to my room at 5am as I had an early morning event the next day. The coffee never arrived. When I finally made my way to check out at 5:45am and asked if the valet could bring my car around, I was informed that the valet was delivering newspapers, but they could give me my key if I wanted to go the garage to find it myself.

Yeah.

I will never be staying at the Monaco again, which is too bad as the attached restaurant - the Jackson 20 - serves delicious food!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank kajones_2000

Dear kajones_2000,

I'm glad that we were able to speak on the phone so that I could listen to your concerns and address them appropriately, please accept my apologies again for the inconveniences you experienced.

Thank you very much for your feedback and we do hope to see you again to show you the great service we are capable of!

Take care,

Reviewed May 1, 2013

A beautiful hotel in a beautiful location! Even though I didn't have my dog with me, I loved "Yappy Hour" in the cobblestone courtyard. The staff was helpful and friendly. The rooms were well-appointed and trendy. I would love to go back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear kimmyd05,

That's a great combination! Thank you very much for staying with us, and please do come back!

Take care,