The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection
$242
$224
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$182
Kimpton
$206
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$105
Hotels.com
$179
Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$199
$169
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
1,906 results
All reviewshotel monacowine houranimal print robesold town alexandriaking streetkimpton hotelsa pet friendly hotelmini barattached restauranthappy hourcomplimentary winevalet parkingtorpedo factorythe location is perfectfree trolleyfew blockswonderful hotel
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I recently spent 5 weeks at the Hotel Monaco, conveniently situated in the heart of Old Town Alexandria, and have raved ever since about their customer service. Everyone at the hotel works hard to ensure there are no issues, and when there is one, to resolve it immediately. I'm amazed that a hotel that welcomes (not just tolerates) pets manages to stay so clean and comfortable. I could have stayed much closer to where it was working, but it was not worth giving up the personal attention and friendliness that the Monaco staff provided. Even with family nearby, I look forward to staying there again!

Room Tip: If you can land a room with a balcony over the courtyard, it's a wonderful bonus.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
ManagerMattHurlburt, General Manager at The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear MayorDelMundo,

It was great to have you with us for so long! Thank you for choosing us!

Glad that you felt at home here and the staff became an extended family, it is not easy to live in a hotel for 5 weeks for sure, but it sounds like you made the most of it and we certainly miss having you here!

Take care,

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed at the Monaco last January for my 12th anniversary and my husband's birthday!! It was marvelous!! I chose this hotel based on the reviews on TripAdvisor and I am so glad I did. We were upgraded to the suites that have the bedrooms upstairs, which was gorgeous!! There was champagne and chocolate covered strawberries and little desserts waiting in our room with a personalized note. The room was immaculate and the bathroom was out of this world!! The wine in the evening in the living room was such a great touch. The staff was so helpful, they helped us find a great restaurant for dinner, even printed out menus of different restaurants in the area to give us a variety of choices! We had brunch the next morning at the restaurant in the hotel and it was soooo good! I had such an incredible stay I can't wait to do it again!! I would like to thank the Monaco for making our stay such a wonderful one!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Yokechia,

Your welcome! But more importantly, THANK YOU for staying with us and taking the time to share these wonderful comments here!

Aren't the Loft Suites so cool?! Glad you got a chance to stay in one and that you were able to have brunch in our restaurant Jackson 20 as well, it truly is exceptional!

Hope you come back in January for your next anniversary!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Our stay at the Monaco has been much more than we could have expected from a "city hotel." It's so personal - you see the same staff and they recognize you as well. It feels more like a B&B than a fairly large hotel.

The balcony terrace rooms are well worth the extra cost. They have a nice outside sitting area that overlooks the courtyard where we saw a beautiful wedding take place yesterday.

The pet friendly part is huge - and all the dogs we encountered were well mannered. If only our guys were so well trained.

Valet parking is the same price as self parking and very prompt and friendly. And location is exceptional.

We stayed here years ago when it was a Holiday Inn. Kimpton has turned this property into a real jewel with fabulous service. GREAT JOB!!!

Room Tip: Interior Courtyard Rooms with Terrace are well worth the additional cost.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Patay1,

This is so great to read! Thank you very much! As you may have heard me say on this site previously, personalized service is what we strive for and is the key to our success for sure. Our team is so good at it, I feel very fortunate to be working with them all!

Looking forward to seeing you again soon,

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Being a regular traveler to DC and a huge fan of Kimpton properties, I finally got a chance to stay at the 3rd Kimpton hotel in Old Town Alexandria. The Morrison House and Lorien are absolutely outstanding and I was very pleased, but not surprised, that the Hotel Monaco was just as exemplary. Again, from the valets to the front desk to the manager, Hotel Monaco is a class act. Even the small but homey tradition of having classical music and a soft light on in your room when you check in is a nice touch. The location of King and Pitt is perfect for walking around and I was amazed at how quiet my room was despite overlooking King St. Love the Kimpton InTouch perk of a $10 mini-bar coupon...perfect for a cold beer or a snack in the evening. Well done, Hotel Monaco. I will be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear SCOTT B,

Thanks for checking us out! Sounds like we will get to see you again in the future - looking forward to it!

Safe travels,

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was our first experience with Kimpton Hotels and were impressed by the Monaco in Alexandria. The staff were friendly and very helpful. At check-in we were upgraded to a king room for our four night stay and provided with continental breakfast vouchers as part of our In-Touch membership. A very nice surprise. Our room was spacious, comfortable and nicely cleaned each day. The bed was extremely comfortable and all furnishings were also comfortable. Great atmosphere! I left an item behind and the housekeeping staff (lost and found)have been very helpful in working with me to have my item shipped back. Very much appreciated! We were not available to take part in the wine tasting in the lobby, but it looked like a good crowd enjoying themselves. Breakfast in the attached restaurant, Jackson 20, was very good. The location of this hotel turned out to be ideal for us. There are a number of shops and restaurants nearby and a nice walk along the waterfront a few blocks away. We made the 15 minute walk to the Metro a few times and took the Metro into downtown Washington, about 25 minutes on the Blue Line. We also cycled the Mt. Vernon trail from this hotel to George Washington's home at Mt. Vernon, a great ride, approx. one hour each way. All in all, we loved our stay here and will definitely return if in the area again. We look forward to trying other Kimpton Hotels.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear gomostplaces,

Wow! You got a lot done during your time here, way to go! Glad to hear you took full advantage of our great location here in Old Town Alexandria, a quick Metro ride to Washington, D.C. and tons to offer right outside our door!

Thanks for staying with us and we are looking forward to your next trip down!

Take care,