The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection
$192
$149
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$162
Hilton.com
$221
Kimpton
$119
$206
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$101
ComfortInn
$153
$149
EmbassySuites.com
  • Pool
Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$119
$101
Official Hotel
$275
$246
1,907 results
All reviewshotel monacowine houranimal print robesold town alexandriaking streetkimpton hotelsa pet friendly hotelmini barattached restauranthappy hourcomplimentary winevalet parkingtorpedo factorythe location is perfectfree trolleyfew blockswonderful hotel
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The hotel staff was outstanding! They were super helpful from the time of check in to check out. We loved the hotel in general-it's trendiness, comfort, cleanliness. The rooms were spacious, beds very comfortable and the bathrooms fully updated. We particuarlly enjoyed the pet friendly atmosphere (and we didn't even have a pet with us) and the wine reception in the evening was a nice bonus. The location is just awesome as you are close to everything and just blocks away from the river.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagerMattHurlburt, General Manager at The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear us4travelers,

You are super-cool! Thank you so much for the kind words about the staff and this great little hotel of ours!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This hotel is very pretty and has a great location. We were so excited to stay here last November. Unfortunately, after going to bed we kept hearing a loud banging and realized it was the heat. Every time it came on, it would bang and clang. Then, at 5 AM the ipod dock alarm clock went off! I tried turning it off but apparently didn't get it turned off so I unpluggged it, and still it went off two more times. Finally I took it out in the hall way but could not figure out how to get it to turn off. I ended up putting my clothes on and taking it to the front desk and they did not know how to turn it off. I left it with them. My family and I never did get back to sleep so we were up early and after a manager was available I did tell them about all the problems of how noisy the room was with the heat and alarm. All I got was an I'm sorry. I own a Bed and Breakfast Inn in PA and I think I might have done something more than just an I'm sorry since I know I will never return to this hotel. I might have offered a return night stay and made sure the room was quieter or at least a discount on a return visit. The room was very pretty at this hotel but there was a strip of decorative fabric on the bed that other than decoration did not seem to serve a purpose. I am all about pretty rooms but I also think they should be functional.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Nancy M

Dear PleasantViewFarmBB,

Thank you for staying with us last year, and for taking the time to share your thoughts on it now!

It is great to get the perspective of someone who owns and operates a Bed&Breakfast, as we pride ourselves in also being able to provide a stylish product inspired by our location and personalized service. I am sorry that you did not feel that we lived up to that on your stay last November, please accept my apologies!

I would love to talk more and personally assist you, please contact me at your convenience at matthew.hurlburt@hotelmonaco.com.

Thanks and hope business is booming up there!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The husband and I had to do a quick trip to the DC area and spent one night at the Hotel Monaco. Great location, easy parking, clean room (huge room!), comfy beds… not much more you could ask for. Staff was helpful and kind. The only complaint I have is the loud guests in the hallway past midnight. I think there was a wedding that night and they didn't quite understand that the ENTIRE floor didn't need to hear their convo. They weren't loud enough to call the front desk, just rudely loud. Also, there is a French bakery next door – great place for breakfast! Would def stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank USParisian
ManagerMattHurlburt, General Manager at The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear USParisian,

Glad you picked us! Thanks for sharing your comments here as well!

In addition to the Le Madeleine restaurant across the street, next time you are here make sure you get to Jackson 20, our restaurant, for brunch - it is amazing!

Take care,

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Wonderful service. The rooms are unique and very comfortable. I have stayed at the Hotel Monaco twice this summer. The first time I walked into a room I had to take a picture and send it to my wife. After more nights in a Marriott than I can remember....where almost every room looks the same...the Hotel Monaco was unique, stylish and memorable. Something you might see in a designer magazine.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear Doug_971,

Thanks for your continued support of our hotel! It is great to hear such fantastic comments about the unique, sytlish decor of this property, we are very proud of the place!

Keep coming back - we love having you!

Thanks,

Reviewed September 22, 2012

This hotel is very comfortable and well-situated in Alexandria. It was really nice that the hotel provided a wine reception every evening at 5.00 pm, and complementary coffee until 9am in the mornings. The staff were friendly and helpful. The accommodation is maintained to a very high standard with great attention paid to detail. The decor in the lobby area is quirky and welcoming. Robes provided were very welcome after our long flight, as were the complementary toiletries.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagerMattHurlburt, General Manager at The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear cag65,

Thank you so much for staying with us, and for sharing your comments here. It is great to hear that you appreciated the service received and that you noticed an attention to detail, as this is something we have been focusing on.

Come back soon!