The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection
Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$152
$149
Hampton.com
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$101
Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$198
$244
$239
EmbassySuites.com
  • Pool
Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$197
  • Room Service
$223
$202
  • Restaurant
Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$129
$110
Official Hotel
1,894 results
All reviewshotel monacowine houranimal print robesold town alexandriaking streetkimpton hotelsa pet friendly hotelmini barattached restauranthappy hourcomplimentary winevalet parkingtorpedo factorythe location is perfectfree trolleyfew blockswonderful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a much needed getaway in May. It was a delightful visit from check in to check out!

We arrived with our two Newfoundlands in tow, and they were treated like royalty! We had not arranged for the special pet stay package, but the staff went out of their way to provide xtra large dog beds, bowls and two gift bags of treats!

The hotel is trendy and comfortable. The beds are so comfy and the bathrooms were heaven. The location is perfect for downtown Old Town...a convenient walk to everything.

We ate breakfast outstide in the courtyard with our dogs and had dinner one evening in the hotel. Both were excellent. My husband was very please with the large selection of craft beers.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

LOVE Kimpton hotels!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2011

This was our 2nd time staying at this hotel, and they are certainly" top notch" in treating BOTH the owner and their pets like royality! They upgraded us to a suite so we were able to spread out with our 3 dogs, and we had a wonderful, restful time in Old Town Alexandria!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2011

My husband and I spent our 40th anniversary at the Hotel Monaco, Alexandria and had a wonderful experience. From the moment we pulled up in front of the hotel until we got in our car to leave the next day everything was excellent. Decor, cleanliness, friendly staff, perfect amenities - all in all a most delightful stay. Great location for getting out and about in Old Town Alexandria. We will certainly return to the Hotel Monaco the next time we are in Alexandria.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Monaco-Alexandria, General Manager at The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2011

Dear laxmomMd,

Thanks very much for staying with us! We appreciate not only the kind comments, but the fact that you entrusted us with such an important milestone in your life. Please come see us for your 41st, and from all of us, Happy Anniversary.

Reviewed June 15, 2011

We stayed here in a wedding block for a family wedding in June. Overall, the experience was quite pleasant and there were only a few things that may need to be pointed out. We had an interior facing room and it was quite comfortable and very quiet. The ac goes down to 65 and it definitely works! All of the hotel staff seemed very nice and helpful and very pleasant. The happy hour is a great perk. I asked for an extra blanket and one was brought to me within two minutes, so service is not lacking. The hotel interior is excellent, unique, warm, and quite comfortable. Overall, a fantastic stay.

There was only one issue of any relevance - the last day/night of our stay the room was serviced and the bed was not entirely made. There was no fitted sheet and only a top sheet. It is not a catastrophe, but it was odd. What did make the issue a bit more inflated was the fact that this sheet was very rough and itchy and not the same comfortable sheets we had been sleeping on. Again, worse things have happened and I did not call the front desk to remedy the situation because it was midnight and I needed to get to sleep. Honestly, I think if I had called the front desk, the problem would have been resolved.

A few words of caution:
Do not expect air conditioning in public areas and hallways of the hotel. It can be quite warm. This seems fairly standard for all surrounding establishments - must be an East Coast thing (I am a Texan and we have air conditioning everywhere or else our world ends so we expect it). Again, this is not a huge issue - I don't anyone will be wearing sweaters in July in Alexandria or spending too much time in the common areas of the hotel. But, I thought I would point it out to those who liked the thermostat on 75 or lower - you won't find that here.

A second cautionary word is that the cleaning staff comes pretty early. For logistical reasons this seems fairly obvious - they do have a whole hotel to attend to. Just don't be surprised if you sleep in past 8 or 9 and hear a knock. They will come back later so just ask.

Lastly, the internet is free if you sign up for Kimpton rewards (which they will give you the option when you connect to t he internet) which is also free. Yes it is a hoop you have to jump through, but in the end it is still free and the rest of the stay is worth this small hassle.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Monaco-Alexandria, General Manager at The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2011

Dear andi94,

Thank you for joining us and also your comments about your stay. I'm quite happy to hear your feedback about our great team and their service levels. We consider them to be the main engine of the success we've had.

Regarding the issue with your bed I was quite puzzled. We have a full service laundry on site, so there aren't any issues with laundry being delivered. We also use high thread count sheets made exclusively for us by Frette Linen, so the quality is there. I will follow up with our Director of Housekeeping and make sure we're culling the ones that are ready to go. We'll also discuss the early welcome you received from our cleaning team!

Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed for a long weekend here. This hotel is very unique and clean. We could tell it was recently updated. It is in a very great location on King St. You can walk to everything. That is what you are paying for.
There were a few things we didn't like. My family drove down from Massachusetts and had to pay $24 a night to park the car! They only had complimentary coffee and tea in the morning and wine between 5-6. Their room service was pricey. They did not have a pair of scissors at the hotel desk. I was unhappy to find that there was not a mini coffee maker in our room.

Room Tip: Room 553 was very quiet at the end of a hallway.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Dear Luv2cruise,

Thanks very much for the comments about your experience at our property. I appreciate the feedback about our property and the great location. I did want to apologize for any frustration you had with other elements of your visit. Regarding parking we do have packages available that include the cost of parking. While we are not the most expensive hotel parking in Alexandria, we certainly want to be able to offer options for our guests. I also appreciate the feedback about the coffee makers in the room. We offer some of the best organic / Fair Trade coffee in the world (from Caffe Vita in Seattle) in our Living Room each morning. We like to create the sense that you're staying in your home when you stay in the Monaco, so we want our guests to be able to enjoy coffee at their leisure. That's the reason the coffee makers were removed from the rooms, but we've got several of them we're always happy to loan for your room on a complimentary basis. During your next visit, simply let us know at arrival and we'll do the rest! Thanks again and I hope we can welcome you back soon.