More pros than cons for this stay in Alexandria.
1) fun, funky decoration and spacious room
2) kind staff...although valet guys were perhaps too flirty
3) pretty decent room service food (of course it was overpriced, but that wasn't a surprise. the quality of the food was the surprise)
4) noise factor pretty minimal
5) gorgeous bathroom, big tub, high quality toiletries
6) good coffee in the morning, even though I had to sleepwalk down to the lobby to find it
7) free internet, if you join the hotel clubcard thing
1) Maid barged in at 8am during an intimate moment, ha.
2) overpriced parking
3) mysterious holds on my credit card
4) no air conditioning in the elevators or hallway; room AC was loud and leaked all over itself
All in all, this was a much better hotel than many of the 3.5 and 4 star I've booked through the gamble of hotwire, and given that my room was a fraction of the cost of the asking price through the Monaco website, my complaints are minimal. I do think they need to work on Interruption By Maids, however...it's not that hard to communicate with staff about who's still there and who's checked out.More