Holiday Inn Alexandria at Carlyle
$134
$122
Kimpton
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town/Southwest(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
SpringHill Suites
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $103/night.

$109
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

Best Western Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$103
$89
Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$117
$105
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$97
ComfortInn
$119
EmbassySuites.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$140
$96
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$80
Official Hotel
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$113
$98
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

All reviewsfree parkingmovie theateracross the streetmetro stationstayed at the holiday innold townyellow lineindoor poolbreakfast buffetfive minute walklifeguard on dutyroad noiserestaurants within walking distancedc areawould stay here againreagan airportroom was clean and comfortable
Reviewed June 25, 2006

I was put in charge of planning a family vacation for my parents, my sister and her husband, and my own family of four. After many hours of searching the internet trying to find a hotel that met all of our criteria, I selected this HI. I figured that it would be "average to O.K.", at best. (Metro location was very important to us.) Boy was I surprised!

The building is older, but the rooms were well decorated and maintained. Our rooms were quiet and clean. We did have a microwave and refrigerator in each of our rooms -- we had a mixture of kings and doubles. The pool was great for the kids. Everyone got signed up for HI's Priority Club so we got free breadkfasts, free drinks, and coupons for restaurant orders. We did take advantage of the breakfast and drink coupons. The breakfast buffet was very good with a great assortment.

The location is great! The metro is less than a half block away. There are plenty of restaurants and shops in the area. We felt very safe there.

The biggest plus for this property is the staff. They were very professional and hospitable. They even sent the shuttle the half block to the Metro station to pick us up in the middle of a sever thunderstorm.

The only complaint we had was the size of the bathrooms. They are quite small.

The next time we go back to D.C. we will be staying at the HI at Telegraph Road.

Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank Rhonda B
Reviewed June 4, 2006

We enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and comfortable. Hotel was quiet. It's convenient to Interstate 95/495 and the metro station is right across the parking lot. The front desk staff was very friendly, professional, and helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank angel72
Reviewed April 3, 2006

I read the reviews on TripAdvisor prior to my stay at this hotel. So, I was sure to ask for a room on a floor as far away from school groups as possible.
The School group was on the 3rd floor. I was able to get the 10th floor. It is a smoking floor and I am not a smoker, but the staff allowed me to check the room and it did not smell.
The best part of this hotel is it's location right across from the Yellow Metro Line for a quick access in & out of DC. Plus there are a few restaurants within walking distance like 'Teds Montana Grill' that are quite good.
The Breakfast buffet for $7.50 could be better. It only had biscuits as breads i.e. no rolls, muffins or any other breakfast pastry, But you could always order from their AM menu instead.
The room was OK, Mattress a little too bouncy to my taste.

• Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank TRafter
Reviewed February 18, 2006

Room was good, staff was helpful. Short walking distance to metro station, a plus. Movie theater and restaurants within walking distance. Cons: poor soundproofing. Could hear people on either side, above, below. If you come here during a busy time, use earplugs.

• Stayed: February 2006
2  Thank Devon11
Reviewed June 30, 2005

I have stayed at this Holiday Inn location about a dozen times over the last 4 years, most recently in February 2005. There are several positive and negatives about this location. On the positive side, the location relative to DC is excellent with a Metro station at the end of the parking lot which gets you into DC in 20 minutes. Location is safe and I have had no problems walking to the hotel late at night while alone (I am a woman) or with kids. Also, there is a huge multi-plex across the street so if you tire of sightseeing or the weather is bad, the movies are right across the street (along with a Ruby Tuesday restaurant and deli). On the negative side, the food in the restaurant ranges from inedible to tolerable, particularly the breakfast buffet which is often inedible. Also, the hotel is popular with school trips and if you wind up on a floor with high school students (as I have on several occasions), the noise level is unacceptable until the hotel **really** cracks down which is about 11pm (unless you grab a chaperone and they quiet their group down). The front desk staff varies from very helpful to moderately rude but is more positive than negative. The indoor pool is great and well maintained. The gift shop is not worth the time so don't worry if it's closed, everything is terribly overpriced. Finally, request a room away from the ice machine if you need maximum quiet, although not unbearable, it is noisy.

The rooms are more than adequate with comfortable beds, good temperature controls for the AC in each room and bathrooms of comfortable size. The rooms with a king size bed come with a refrigerator and microwave which is helpful or those items can be requested if your room does not have one included. In every stay, I have found the room to be clean with clean linen and towels. All in all, I stay here because the location is extremely convenient (also close to Pentagon City Mall and Crystal City both on same Metro line and 10 minutes away), the value is good for the money (particularly if you reserve early) and safety.

• Stayed: February 2005, traveled on business