Holiday Inn Alexandria at Carlyle
$145
Sheraton.com
$134
Hampton.com
Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$162
$169
$217
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$119
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
$179
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$111
$106
All reviewsfree parkingmovie theateracross the streetted's montana grillmetro stationstayed at the holiday innold townindoor poolbreakfast buffetyellow linefive minute walkmicrowave and fridgelifeguard on dutyroad noiserestaurants within walking distancedc areawould stay here again
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This hotel is outside of Alexandria but a good place to stay to get into Washington as the Metro is just across the car park and reception have Metro maps which you can take with you. There is a free shuttle service into Alexandria which is a lovely little town worth visiting with some good restaurants. Rooms a bit dated but adequate and the bed comfortable. I was disappointed with the breakfast as it was very limited with no fresh fruit, pastries etc and the cover was left off and taken away from the hot food so it went cold. If you are a tourist to visit Washington then this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Tracie R, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria at Carlyle, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

The best part about staying outside of the city is easy access as well as the history of a different part of the city to visit, we agree. Being right across the street from the Eisenhower metro station makes if very easy to get into DC and you can avoid having to pay for parking as you would at the Downtown hotels.

We are very sorry to hear about your breakfast experience! We take every measure to ensure that each of our guests enjoy their breakfast and all that we have to offer. Please know that your comments will be reviewed by our Food and Beverage Director and the standards of our breakfast buffet will be reiterated to our staff members. Even as we near the time to close down the buffet line, all items should remain fresh, hot and ready to eat.

Thank you again for your comments and feedback. We do listen.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I work from home, but occasionally visit my main office in in the Eisenhower complex. I was staying overnight Sunday for work on Monday, driving back home Monday night. A fire and police convention was happening in the hotel at the time of my stay.

This hotel is located in the Eisenhower/Carlyle neighborhood of Alexandria. It is a 5-minute walk to the Eisenhower (yellow) metro, which gives great access to Washington DC. Close to the Patent Office.

Everyone I encountered in this hotel was friendly, welcoming, and helpful. Front desk, extra elevator attendants, the people who run the shuttle, even the cleaner, greeted me, engaged in thoughtful conversation, and were actually helpful. Seriously, best service EVER.

I had to make a room change due to a noise issue that the hotel could not control, and this was handled to my 100% satisfaction.

This hotel allows pets.

The amenity I wished I knew about, was the free guest laundry on the 10th floor.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms view East to Eisenhower Metro, office complex, I-495, and the accompanying Metro noise. I stayed in an odd room on the 10th (top) floor and had a view of Wilson Bridge and a Potomac sunrise. West view to I-495, telegraph road interchange, is likely quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sunflower-EK

We love hearing such a positive review! While we did have a group of fire fighters in house that were granted an exception to the rule with regards to their four legged friends, we do not typically allow pets in our hotel unless they are service animals. This is something we are looking to change however and the fire fighters group was our first venture into the pet friendly world. It was great to see all of the dogs in the hotel and we are glad to hear that you did not mind seeing them there either.

However we currently only allow service animals with documentation in our hotel.
Thank you so much for your great feedback and comments and please, come back again soon!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Arrived at this hotel 10/18/2013 and spent one night there. Desk clerk was business like and seemed only interested in getting me to join and awards program. I agreed but he had difficulty getting me the card and related he would deliver the information to my room. I never received it. Room was spacious and clean but the bathroom had several hairs around the bathtub and toilet. The restaurant food was excellent and the staff there were outstanding friendly and helpful. Other staff outside the restaurant were neither rude or friendly. Location is excellent and I did wake up well rested. Cost was a little on the high side. Hotel is starting to show its age. Over all ok for a one night stay

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank USMCMSGTRET
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria at Carlyle, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear USMCMSGTRET,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the shortfalls you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Had a great 2 night stay at this hotel recently. Ron at reception was efficient and friendly, well done , Ron! My room was clean and comfortable with free wifi and a fridge. The swimming pool was warm and large and the lifeguard was friendly too. I was disappointed that the hours were only 3 to 10 pm but understand the need for a lifeguard on duty. There was plentiful free parking on both sides of the hotel. There was a metro station very close as well as a shopping center with a movie theater and restaurants. The entrance is a little unusual with the traffic lights, beware of traffic on all sides. Would definitely stay here when visiting the area again especially if I were to visit downtown DC since the metro is convenient.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for joining us at our IHG Rewards Members reception! We will be having those more often as a way to say 'Thank you' to our loyal guests and we do announce the dates of those on our facebook page. If you find yourself here in the area the next time we are hosting one of our receptions, please come and join us again, even if you aren't staying at the hotel, we'd love to see you again.

Thank you for mentioning all of the wonderful things you enjoyed about your stay and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed here for nine days in September and had a lovely stay.
The hotel is comfortable and it's easy to feel at home.
The hotel staff are all very good, approachable and willing to help. John in reception is a fountain of local knowledge and the resraurant staff are a great laugh.
Our room was quite big but the bathroom was on the small side. The air conditioning had to fight to keep the room at a reasonable temperature and it was noisy.
The hotel is within wasy walking of the excellent Metro tram and the only way to travel into DC.
There is also a selection of restaurants within walking distance including an excellent Thai and a 'Ruby Tuesday' franchise.
We would go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Best description yet! Feeling like a comfortable pair of slippers, or better yet, feeling like home is the best compliment we can ever hear! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback.
We do recognize that our air conditioning units can get a bit noisy in some, but not all of the rooms. Especially if you are a light sleeper. But please rest assured that we are working to get those upgraded in the near future.

We look very forward to your return!