“Great location, free parking” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Alexandria at Carlyle

Holiday Inn Alexandria at Carlyle
Ranked #29 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great location, free parking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I work from home, but occasionally visit my main office in in the Eisenhower complex. I was staying overnight Sunday for work on Monday, driving back home Monday night. A fire and police convention was happening in the hotel at the time of my stay.

This hotel is located in the Eisenhower/Carlyle neighborhood of Alexandria. It is a 5-minute walk to the Eisenhower (yellow) metro, which gives great access to Washington DC. Close to the Patent Office.

Everyone I encountered in this hotel was friendly, welcoming, and helpful. Front desk, extra elevator attendants, the people who run the shuttle, even the cleaner, greeted me, engaged in thoughtful conversation, and were actually helpful. Seriously, best service EVER.

I had to make a room change due to a noise issue that the hotel could not control, and this was handled to my 100% satisfaction.

This hotel allows pets.

The amenity I wished I knew about, was the free guest laundry on the 10th floor.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms view East to Eisenhower Metro, office complex, I-495, and the accompanying Metro no...
1 Thank sunflower-EK
Tracie R, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria at Carlyle, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
We love hearing such a positive review! While we did have a group of fire fighters in house that were granted an exception to the rule with regards to their four legged friends, we do not typically allow pets in our hotel unless they are service animals. This is something we are looking to change however and the fire fighters group was our first venture into the pet friendly world. It was great to see all of the dogs in the hotel and we are glad to hear that you did not mind seeing them there either.

However we currently only allow service animals with documentation in our hotel.
Thank you so much for your great feedback and comments and please, come back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Arrived at this hotel 10/18/2013 and spent one night there. Desk clerk was business like and seemed only interested in getting me to join and awards program. I agreed but he had difficulty getting me the card and related he would deliver the information to my room. I never received it. Room was spacious and clean but the bathroom had several hairs around the bathtub and toilet. The restaurant food was excellent and the staff there were outstanding friendly and helpful. Other staff outside the restaurant were neither rude or friendly. Location is excellent and I did wake up well rested. Cost was a little on the high side. Hotel is starting to show its age. Over all ok for a one night stay

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank USMCMSGTRET
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria at Carlyle, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear USMCMSGTRET,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the shortfalls you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
hohenfels germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Had a great 2 night stay at this hotel recently. Ron at reception was efficient and friendly, well done , Ron! My room was clean and comfortable with free wifi and a fridge. The swimming pool was warm and large and the lifeguard was friendly too. I was disappointed that the hours were only 3 to 10 pm but understand the need for a lifeguard on duty. There was plentiful free parking on both sides of the hotel. There was a metro station very close as well as a shopping center with a movie theater and restaurants. The entrance is a little unusual with the traffic lights, beware of traffic on all sides. Would definitely stay here when visiting the area again especially if I were to visit downtown DC since the metro is convenient.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for joining us at our IHG Rewards Members reception! We will be having those more often as a way to say 'Thank you' to our loyal guests and we do announce the dates of those on our facebook page. If you find yourself here in the area the next time we are hosting one of our receptions, please come and join us again, even if you aren't staying at the hotel, we'd love to see you again.

Thank you for mentioning all of the wonderful things you enjoyed about your stay and we hope to see you again in the near future!
Dunfermline, Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed here for nine days in September and had a lovely stay.
The hotel is comfortable and it's easy to feel at home.
The hotel staff are all very good, approachable and willing to help. John in reception is a fountain of local knowledge and the resraurant staff are a great laugh.
Our room was quite big but the bathroom was on the small side. The air conditioning had to fight to keep the room at a reasonable temperature and it was noisy.
The hotel is within wasy walking of the excellent Metro tram and the only way to travel into DC.
There is also a selection of restaurants within walking distance including an excellent Thai and a 'Ruby Tuesday' franchise.
We would go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Best description yet! Feeling like a comfortable pair of slippers, or better yet, feeling like home is the best compliment we can ever hear! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback.
We do recognize that our air conditioning units can get a bit noisy in some, but not all of the rooms. Especially if you are a light sleeper. But please rest assured that we are working to get those upgraded in the near future.

We look very forward to your return!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This hotel has a friendly and courteous staff. The rooms are clean and amenities all work. The cost is competitive for hotels in this area of convenience. Access is right off the interstate, a little tricky at the entrance but easy once you enter the first time.
I ate at the bar for my evening meal and the menu was not large but the choice I made was good.
My breakfast was typical of the Holiday Inn breakfasts with a buffet and order off the menu. Service was good, particularly one young lady by the name of Dinnat (not sure of the spelling), who gave me service that felt personal and made conversation that was not just passing the day.
Check in was courteous and efficient, parking is ample and secure.

Room Tip: Join the IGH Priority Club for the benefits, they are worth it.
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tracie R, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria at Carlyle, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Service is a top priority here and you can be assured Da'nette from our restaurant always goes out of her way to make someone's day just a little brighter. She will be thrilled to know you remembered her and made a point to mention her in your comments and it is very appreciated all around.

Thank you for all of your positive comments and we look forward to the opportunity to have you as a guest in our hotel again in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

This was my third time staying here. The service, cleanliness, bed comfort, hot water with good pressure in shower, free parking with hotel stay, location to metro to visit dc and king street, close to restaurants and movie theatre on walk to metro, and we were able to check in early. Also much cheaper than staying in DC.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Bnchristsc
Thank you very much for your loyalty, this is what we love to hear and strive to accomplish with all of our guests! Hopefully you are taking advantage of the IHG Rewards Club membership, but if not be sure to join up online or with one of our front office team members the next time you are here.

Your feedback and comments are very appreciated and we look forward to your next visit with us!
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I'm currently serving on active duty in the Marine Corps. I've been to several hotels due to traveling a lot for my job as a recruiter. The personnel at this hotel were so hospitable and really were great people. They took care of anything I needed. I asked if they had a hot tub and unfortunately they didn't. Instead of stopping there, they searched nearby places to see where I could enjoy the comforts of a hot tub/spa. They then called me and informed me of places, and even paid for 50% of the costs of the spa because of the inconvenience. OUTSTANDING customer service. The food at the hotel restaurant was amazing. The bar tender at the bar took great care of us and was very nice. If you go to Alexandria for any reason, you are wasting your money going to any other hotel. Hands down.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business