“Excellent value and location”

Holiday Inn Alexandria at Carlyle
Ranked #29 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This hotel turned out to be better than expected. First, the room we were given was updated and clean, with comfortable beds. The bathroom was a little on the small side, but had great water pressure and lots of thick, fluffy towels. The indoor pool was heated, and was a wonderful way for our two young kids to relax after a day of sightseeing in D.C. Finally, the location of this hotel can't be beat. The hotel is literally a stone's throw from the metro, which takes you into D.C. proper in under 15 minutes. And across from the metro station is a Starbucks, a movie theater, and wonderful restaurants (highly recommend Yves' Bistro for classic French fare and Galaie Thai for Thai food and sushi). Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sireneuse

Reviewed March 31, 2012

Read the reviews of this hotel before booking this hotel. There were three reasons for choosing this hotel: close to a metro station (3 min walk), a rate lower than the standard government rate and nicely updated property. I was unable to check in before noon, but got a parking permit before heading to a meeting. Once I checked in, I was surprised to get a suite (two baths and a huge living area). I was able to sleep well despite the constant noises from the beltway (I-95) nearby. The breakfast was tasty. There is nothing to complain about this hotel. But there are many nicer properties to choose in the area, especially, the quieter ones.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank KMXlean
Reviewed February 25, 2012

We recently spent two nights here with our children, ages 6 & 8. The rooms were clean and updated and the indoor pool was much nicer than we expected. It is only open from 3-9pm but there is a lifeguard on duty. The location was great as it's an easy walk to the metro and then DC is at your fingertips. Old Town Alexandria, great shopping and restaurants are also near by. We were not bothered by excess highway noise at all. For the price and location we will definitely return.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank itssunnysomewhere
Reviewed January 27, 2012

What a pleasant surprise. On our way home to NJ a visit down south we stopped here for the night. Very courteous staff, clean h otel, beautiful room and right near the Metro and a number of great restaurants. Will definitely return

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank Gail S
Reviewed December 24, 2011

The best hotel in Alexandria. Mr MArcus General manager at the time did a great job.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank GOINNMANAUS
Reviewed December 19, 2011

If you love the constant noise of major highways as you try to sleep then this is the hotel for you. I got the full experience of the trucks passing by starting at 6 am rush hour and it never ended. I was up on the 6 th floor I couldn't imagine the volume of traffic on the lower floors. What topped it off was when the guest above me used the shower it was like a jet engine in my room.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I attended a conference at the DC Convention Center, but wanted to save money, so I didn't stay in the conference hotels. This place was perfect! Free parking! (I drove up from Richmond) Free wireless internet! The room was nice and had a minifridge and a microwave. It was one block from the Metro yellow line, which stops directly at the Convention Center. If you fly in, instead of driving, the yellow line also stops at National Airport. Breakfast was not free, but was good and not as expensive as in many DC hotels. The place was a bargain. They are in the process of renovating the hotel, so I don't know whether the rates will go up when they are done, but right now the place is a deal! My only complaint is that they don't carry a PBS station - weird! I missed my favorite shows on Sunday night.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business