“BEST HOTEL STAY EVER!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
Houston, Texas
“BEST HOTEL STAY EVER!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2011

My hotel stay was wonderful! They picked me up from the airport. I did not wait long at all. Check-in took less than 5 minutes. My room clean and the restoom was well-stocked. The beds were extremely comfortable. They had firm pillows and soft pillows. They have a lounge area that serves lunch and dinner until very late. They have a great breakfast buffet for a low price. They have a shutle that picks you up from the airport and they took me anywhere within a 4 mile radius and even picked me up. They even took me to my bank and then took me where I wanted to go. They were great! I highly recommend this hotel! I can go on and on!

Room Tip: Become a Priority Club Member.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

Not bad for an online price. Older hotel. Great Bed! Good night sleep. Breakfast was good, a little pricey at 9.95 buffet. Walking distance from the subway. Have a drink somewhere else, Bar tender had to look up a drink. Hot water pipes on fifth woke me up pinging one morning. unexpectedly!

• Stayed May 2011
Erie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2011

My friends & I decided on a trip to Washington, D.C. during the busy April season. I checked on prices for many different hotels in the Virginia area as well as Washington, DC & they were all really pricey this time of the year We settled on this hotel because of the price & the fact that it was only about a block from the Metro station.

The hotel is about a 20 min metro ride into downtown D.C., but it really wasn't too bad of a ride. We vacationed Friday through Tuesday because the rates were cheaper & it was less crowded during that time.

I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel. I had read previous reviews saying that the hotel was recently updated & I could tell that the carpet & paint job was fairly new. The reviews online were mixed. Personally, I thought that the staff were always courteous & helpful. I was given a courtesy bag with a bottle of water & some granola bars upon check-in. The beds were really comfortable....seemed like brand new pillow top beds. They even had "hard" or "soft" pillow choices on each bed & each person had 2 pilllows a piece. There was also a small table & chairs, a desk & rolling chair, a small refrigerator & a microwave, coffee pot, iron & ironing board in the cupboard & hair dryer in the bathroom. The bathroom was average, but they supplied us with enough towels for 4 people without having to ask.

The location was a nice location on a main street. I really liked that there was a brand new movie theater a block away with an IMAX theater inside too. There was also a small plaza (if you would call it that) with several restaurants in it. There was a Starbucks, Coldstone Creamery & Gallae Thai. There was also a place that served wraps & a steak house of some sort. I think the movie theater even had a Ruby Tuesday's inside. It was great after an exhausting day in DC to grab a bite to eat right by the hotel.

I would recommend the Gallae Thai restaurant to anyone who stays at this hotel. The food was AMAZING!!!! They had your typical thai faire.....noodles, rice, veggies & different meats or seafoods. Really fresh ingredients. I'm not into hot food & you can choose dishes like the pad thai that is not hot or spicy at all. The prices for dinner were average for a thai restaurant.....$8.00 on up for dinner.

The hotel also did have an indoor pool, but we were so exhausted by the time we got back to the hotel that we didn't have any time to enjoy it.

All in all, I really enjoyed this hotel & would recommend it to anyone. The price is good, the location is good, the metro is in walking distance, & the service is good. And, the parking is FREE!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2011

We chose this hotel based on it's price (very good compared with other hotels in the area or closer to DC) and the fact that it is just 1 1/2 blocks from a metro station (yellow line) - a MUST if you plan on visiting DC. It took us only 20 mins to get to DC on the metro - no transferring (unless you visit Arlington Cemetary). Area across from the metro had an IMAX theater, Starbucks, Cold Stone Creamery, an excellent Thai restaurant, a steakhouse, and a place to buy wraps. We felt safe walking around the area (as late as 11pm). We did spend most of our time in DC - leaving the hotel by 8am and not coming back until after 9pm - so this hotel worked for us.

The hotel rooms were clean, quiet (even though it is off a freeway), with comfy beds/pillows, a small frige & microwave, and decent water pressure for showers. Parking was free! TV reception on a few channels was a bit fuzzy but we didn't spend much time watching TV so that was fine. Business center available but must stop at desk in order to get sign in code - had trouble with wireless internet connecting to our Zune. The only thing I wish the room had was a safe... that's my only complaint about the hotel. There is a pool (open 3-9pm) that looked nice but we were never there early enough to use it. There is also a bar (restaurant?). Breakfast buffet available for a price (didn't eat there).

This is a no-frills older hotel that's being refurnished and I would recommend it to those that are looking for a lower-cost hotel close to a metro station. It's not a 5 star hotel so don't expect more than the basics. Great for people who plan to spend more time in DC and not in the hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
West Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2011

This is an older Holiday Inn but we found it clean and well maintained. The location is excellent. The Eisenhower Ave. Metro station is within walking distance and a 19 minute ride to the L'Enfant Plaza station in DC on the Yellow Line. There are good restaurants and a movie theater also within walking distance. We had the buffet breakfast in the hotel restaurant which was very good for about $10 each. Parking was free at this hotel. We would definitely choose this hotel when we return to this area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Stafford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2010

Shame about the road works surrounding the hotel making it difficult to get to even when you can see it! Must be suffering accordingly.
Good for local Reagan Airport as they have a shuttle whose driver is very obliging and helpful.
Expect mainly business people using this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2010

The location is good if you're going to DC. It's one block to the metro, and it's a short drive to old town Alexandria. The construction around the hotel right now is a little crazy. The rooms were old. They're currently updating the exterior and have already updated the interior, but other than new bedding, it's hard to tell what they've done. The ceilings in the room were old ceiling tile panels, and the one right over the bed near the register was filthy! We did have a micro and fridge, so that was nice.

We had one dinner and several breakfasts in the restaurant. Sometimes it had a nasty smell though, and none of us really wanted to eat there. The breakfast buffet was nothing different than you'd see at a free continental breakfast at other chains. One morning the skim milk was spoiled.

They had a large sized pool, but it was only open in the afternoon/evening when a lifeguard was present, not in the morning, so we didn't use it.

I'd think hard before booking again. Not to say that I wouldn't because it's a great location near the Metro at a good price. I'd have to adjust my expectations, though. Nothing was horrible, it just wasn't what I expected from an updated Holiday Inn.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family