“One of the best Hamptons we ever stayed in”

Hampton Inn Alexandria/Pentagon South
Ranked #2 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed October 19, 2012

What a lovely hotel!
We stayed here for three nights to visit Alexandria and of course Washington D.C.
The room was clean and cozy, was equipped with a safe, bath-tub and all the regular Hampton stuff like free wireless LAN, the ingenious lap desk and fresh duvets and sheets. The hotel offered a perfect complimentary breakfast in a very nice breakfast area, free coffee and tea and free cookies all day long.
It was very quiet outside, parking was free of charge and the staff helpful and friendly. By car you can reach Washington and downtown Alexandria in approximately 20 minutes, which makes it a good starting point of every trip. We should also mention that there are many shops and restaurants nearby like t.g.i fridays, a Taco Bell, Wendys or a Seven Eleven.

Anytime again!

Room Tip: Further away from the street the rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We only spent Sunday night here, arrived around 10:00 Sunday morning and we were able to park our car and use the hotel shuttle for both days while touring D.C. The shuttle service is nice, about 10 minutes or so from the hotel to King Street. What we would have spent on 2 days for parking elsewhere, we used towards the Metro getting around D.C. Good breakfast, comfy and clean room. Hotel staff was very nice and accommodating as well. Only drawback was we wanted to be on the road by 3:00 due to traffic and the shuttle service doesn't start back up til 3:00 and we didn't get picked up til 3:15, didn't leave metro station until 3:35 and with traffic didn't get back on the road til 4:00. I would suggest taking a taxi back to the hotel from the King Street Metro ONLY if you are in a hurry to try and beat some of the traffic on 495 to 270 instead of waiting for the shuttle in the late afternoon.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012

It sets the standard for Hampton Inn. I stayed there three times during the past month or so, and enjoyed it every time.

During my first stay, it was a bit noisy since my room was facing the Leesburg Pike. I requested a quiet room and they immediately switched me to a room on the back side. It was quiet, freshly clean, and comfortable.

The breakfast was almost gourmet. The oatmeal was delicious. There was plenty of good hot food such as sausage and eggs. It was a lot more than a continental breakfast. Also the juice was fresh.

During my most recent stay, I hear loud TV from next-door at night. The front-desk immediately called the next-door to turn it down. They prompt and effective in handling matters.

Overall, it was quiet, clean, and comfortable. The rate was reasonable as well!

Room Tip: If you don't like the noise from Leesburg Pike, ask for a quiet room on the back side.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2012

The stay was short as we got in after 10pm and left around 9am, But we had the best sleep in a long while. The beds were perfect soft pillow top for the wife and firm enough mattress for my back. Curtains kept the room dark for sleeping in and the breakfast offered was a nice suprise. Would recommend for all and will stay here if ever in the area again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed four days. It is nice and clean. Room is in good condition. Breakfast is very good and enjoyable. We drove to the hotel. Parking is convenient. Internet connection is fast enough.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed for 5 nights and will stay there again for my next business trip.

Room was cleaned and comfortable. Breakfast and internet connection were good. Ordered online delivery and the front desk was helpful in collecting it before my arrival. 5 - 10 mins walk to nearby eateries such as Popeyes and Mcdonalds. Provides a shuttle bus to and fro metro stations at 30 mins interval. Free parking was available too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank hmsg128
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel due to an unexpected maintenance issue with my apartment. I drive by this hotel almost every day and it never stood out. I was very surprised and impressed when I walked into the lobby for the first time. It was very clean and comfortable. My room was equally as inviting. If you're looking for a hotel that is very convenient to Washington, DC, but not in the middle of it, this would be a great hotel for you. You'll need a car though.

Room Tip: All rooms appear fairly equal. I'd request a higher floor due to the Rt 7 (Leesburg Pike) traffi...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo