“just not very good”

Travelodge Alexandria
Ranked #46 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Oakland
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We brought out bikes to ride the Mt. Vernon Trail, and this hotel was convenient and relatively inexpensive. We were able to get a ground-floor room to put our bikes in overnight, and the manager let us keep the car parked while we rode on check-out day. Location is just several blocks from a great selection of restaurants, antique shops, etc., and also several blocks from the Oldtown waterfront (or take the King Street trolley). Worked for us! (Breakfast is pretty basic but there's a Starbucks across the road, and also Trader Joe's.)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

This was the least expensive hotel in OLD Town. Don't know if it was the best value, but lowest price. Beds were at least comfortable. Four pillows per double bed. 10 minute walk to Blue & Yellow lines. 17 minute ride to The Mall(Smithsonian). 10 minute walk in opposite direction to King street and Wharf. All doors to room have exterior entry. Planes and buses can be heard. Exterior was well lite and no extra charge for parking. Met my needs for length of stay, convenience, and price. It is an old hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have just returned from my stay at this establishment after getting approximately 1 hours sleep. The bed was terribly uncomfortable, and the pillows were so cheap that, that even if you used two, it was like laying your head on two cats fighting. This hotel is old and decrepit, and the bathroom is horrible. There is no vanity, and no mirror over the sink, unless you count the metal tissue box. The mirror is beside the commode, so in order to apply makeup, I Had to do so with a foot on the floor, my knee on the commode lid, and my makeup bag perched precariously on the top of the commode. The owner/manager (?), has a poor understanding and mastery of the English language, making any communication difficult. The purpose of my visit was to fly my daughter's bulldog to her in Hawaii, where they are stationed in the military, and I chose this hotel for it's proximity to Reagan National, and because other hotels required a non-refundable pet deposit of at least $100, whereas Travelodge charged $25. If I had to do it over, I would have gladly paid the extra money and enjoyed a good nights rest and a decent bathroom. This establishment is a prime candidate for Gordon Ramsey's Hotel Hell. After returning from the 6am drop off of the bulldog, I Left without showering because I ran the water in the sink, for over five minutes without it getting warm. All of this for a grand total of $167, for a weeknight, when the room is a $50 room at best. Ad to this the owner/manager's son constantly loitering and leering by the front door. I was left with the impression that said owner/manager considered me inferior, and was treated as if I was there to somehow do him in, not that anyone could hurt the place. This hotel must be close to a transit station, because buses ran All Night Long. I have stayed at a lot of places in my years of travelling, and this place was the absolute worst. I would never,ever, ever, stay in this place again.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank sandlady86

Travelers are raving about these Alexandria hotels