“Decent location, close to the Metro, but not one of the nicest hotels we've ever stayed at.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Alexandria

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Alexandria
Ranked #44 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
Fair Lawn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel itself is not one of the nicest hotels we've stayed at, and we usually stay in these types of hotels. We don't need anything fancy because all we really do is sleep and shower when we stay. It wasn't really dirty, just old and outdated. Most of the hotels we stay in at least look much nicer. The bathroom could really have used some work. I always bring my own shower head just in case there's not enough pressure, and 9 times out of 10, I'm glad I do because I like a lot of pressure and there usually isn't enough. So if you're like me and like a lot of pressure, bring your own shower head and a pair of pliers. It's very east to change and makes all the difference in the world. Two good things I can say - the hot water never ran out and I take 30 minute showers and the bed was very comfortable! There was free wi-fi which was also nice. The breakfast was nothing fancy but it was ok - some cereal, coffee, juice, and some bagels and pastries. The location was ok. A 10 minute walk to the metro and a 10 minute walk to King Street, but the hotel is on a main street and you can hear a lot of noise at night. All in all, it wasn't terrible, but it also wasn't great. If you just need a place to sleep and don't mind an old outdated room, I guess it will do.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
      Location
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend searched the Internet for a hotel in Washington that met good price , location and reviews. The man who seemed to be an ever present behind reception no matter when we walked through was nice enough . The room was clean enough , could of hoovered under the dresser abit more but as I wasn't going to be rolling around under there I wasn't too fussed . Fixtures and fittings in the room where dated but everything worked perfect . The room smelt abit after we had been out all day but after a minute of nasal adjustment the niff seemed to go . It's located well away from dc but within half hour you can be in the center with a short walk to the metro . Old town Alexandria a short walk to king street is very nice with plenty of nice places to chow down .

• Stayed April 2013