“Review”

Ranked #37 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
California
“Review”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Really nice place to stay. Although the building is aging, the staff doesn't a great job at keeping the rooms and proerty in really great shape. The rooms are always clean, smell good, no bugs and the staff will bend over backwards to assist with anything, with a smile!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinn6852, General Manager at Days Inn Alexandria South, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Guest,
I thank you for providing positive feedback. We utilize your feedback as a daily tools to upgrade our facility. Thank you for staying with us.
Giri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Days Inn last month, my husband was in DC to run the Marine Corp marathon and we wanted to stay a little farther away from DC. We made a nice vacation out of it and stayed at a few different hotels as we traveled around. This Days Inn, by far, had the MOST comfortable bed. Seriously, it was pretty awesome.

The staff was very nice overall. The only thing I wish, and I do understand why they couldn't but still, I wish they would have let us have a late check out. I explained that my husband was running the race and would need to come back and clean up. I know they needed to get to the rooms but I was hoping they could figure something out. It has never been an issue for us at any other hotel and he has run A LOT of races that we go out of town for...but they were very nice about it.

The breakfast was pretty good. They had fixings to make an egg muffin type of sandwich- I just had the eggs and sausage which were OK. They had other typical fare and 2 waffle makers. At first we were a little concerned about the neighborhood b/c it seemed that they has a security guard on duty but it is on a huge street and very well lit. There were never any suspicious looking people hanging around- we felt safe. I would definitely stay here again if in the DC area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
We thank you very much for taking time to provide positive feedback to us. Most of the beds are new and we are in the process of changing remaining ones. Thank you for your valuable time and thoughts.l
Giri
Gladesville
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Convenient location, big room with excellent facilities. Good, varied breakfast.
Poor soundproofing.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I see a fair amount of negative reviews, but I think the days inn is a solid place to stay for business or solo. Rooms are clean and very spacious (tv, fridge, microwave), easy access to public transportation (or if you have a car, free parking and easy access to 395/495). It's no Ritz hotel but at the price point it is a great value.

have to also give a shout out to the manager, dave.. very on top of things, helped me settle a small billing discrepancy. Very courteous and professional. I am staying at the days inn long term (30+ days), and service like his is a large part of the reason.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I don't know how this hotel gets any positive reviews. The whole building looks like crap. We booked the hotel online based on the positive reviews. When we just arrives I was like "what is going on", the building looks different in person. It looks like very old and outdated building somewhere I'd imagine in the creepy area of the Middle East or something like that. When you walk in it looks even more as Middle East (I mean front desk). But this is not the issue. I decided not to judge based on the look of the building and the location (next to very busy road).
The main thing is the room! This is was the biggest frustration. I just opened the door and the smell was horrible. I mean it smells like someone has a box of nasty dirty socks in the room. It smelled very bad! I turned AC on and it smelled even worse. You know the smell of like mold or dust or both together. And this conditioner works so loud, I mean just believe me, we could not wait to get out that place. Rooms are outdated too by the way. Bathroom looks scary. And no, we didn't take a risk to have breakfast there.
Never again! I'm sure you can find a better place for this price...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Broken Bow
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Good stay
Would like to stay in affiliate locations but need better pricing to afford it I stay about 200 nights a year in hotels

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business