“THE PRICE WAS RIGHT!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #36 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
LITTLE CURRENT, ONTARIO, CANADA
“THE PRICE WAS RIGHT!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

During the last week in August 2011, I took my 17 and 11 year old boys on a trip and excursion of Washington D. C. We spent three days at the Days Inn located at 6100 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, Virginia.

Our room was clean and tidy. My son complained that the toilet tank was leaking on the washroom floor, but I explained to him that we were only staying for three nights and not purchasing the hotel!

The price was right and you really get what you pay for! The hotel staff was very professional and friendly. The breakfast was O.K. and saved me a substantial amount of cash if the three of us had to eat elsewhere. The beds were comfortable and we did not encounter any problems. This is a dated hotel, but overall, we felt safe and enjoyed our stay.

Location wise, we were very close to the major attractions in Washington D.C. The cost of the hotel room was very reasonable and should we travel this way again, we would most likely stay at the Days Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
4 Thank MICHAELSCRIBE
daysinn6852, General Manager at Days Inn Alexandria South, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you very much for your comments. Once again, thank you for staying with us and hope to see you in the future.
Giri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Springfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

I Stayed Here From Monday 29 August 2011 To 2 September 2011 G.M Madhu Giri Was VERY Friendly I Hung Out With Him In The Lobby For Several Hours As He Is A Really Nice Guy. Room Was Good 2 Queen Beds No Problems TV Was Brand New. Courtesy Drop Off To Huntington Metro Was Convienent And The Shuttle Car Is A Luxury Car A Lexus SUV Very Nice. Free Breakfast In Lobby From 6am to 930am Very Good Variety And Waffles Are Very Tasty. Price For 2 Queen Bed Room Was Very Good At $71 Per Night. I Recommend Staying At This Motel. And I Hope To Stay Here Again On Similar Dates In 2012 And 2013 And So On.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Nick425
daysinn6852, General Manager at Days Inn Alexandria South, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
I thank you very much for staying with us. Your suggestions and comments are highly appriciated. I look forward to seeing you in the future. Thank you .
Bourne, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

I did not expect much based on the price and the fact that it is an older motel but I was very happy with the overall experience. Easy to find, well lit, and very accesible. The service at the front desk was freindly and fast. The room was up to date and clean, and everything worked well. The few times I needed something (The iron was broken for example) I called down to the desk and it was taken care of without a problem.
While the ourside decor is older and dated, the inside of the room was just fine. The wifi worked well, and I thought the water worked well too. They could improve the detail cleaning a bit-but understand that the room was very clean. Housekeeping did a great job each night as well. The breakfast was simple but fresh and was a good way to start the day. Our room had a microwave and a fridge.
VERY easy to get to DC from here- the nearest metro stop is only about a 5 minute drive from the hotel (they do have a shuttle but I did not use it). Old town alexandria is only about a 10 minute drive from here as well. If you head down rt1 a bit there are plenty of take out places and other restaurants as well as a CVS, walmart, etc.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank amazzucco
daysinn6852, General Manager at Days Inn Alexandria South, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
I thank you very much taking your valuable time to provide us feedback. Your feedback is extermely important to us. Once again thank you for staying with us and hope to see you in the future.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

I read some negative reviews, but the room was clean, if old. The water was hot if sporadic. It was convenient to the highway. I didn't bother with their breakfast. The price was right, and as I was out from 6 a.m. until late at night, ambience didn't matter. Noisy, though. If you're a business traveler and price matters, you could do worse. Staff was pleasant.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor. Noiosy.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for giving us your feedback. Your feedback is very important to us improving our service and facilities. I thank you so much staying with us.
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

Although our room was clean, the hotel, I believe, is misrepresented in the pictures. Broken concrete, phones didn't work. We had to unplug the phones from both rooms since they would ring randomly. One started "buzzing" at 3am. Blow dryer didn't work (actually sparked), but was replaced quickly. Very dated. OK if you don't plan on spending time in room. In probably would not stay here again. (Staff was very nice, though).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank gbkst
daysinn6852, General Manager at Days Inn Alexandria South, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
I thank you for bringing phone problem to my attention and it's been taken care. I really appriciate taking time to report problems during your stay with us.
Joppa, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

I agree with many here..the room is not the Hilton but for the price ( I got a great price from Hotwire) it served its purpose very well. We booked a room for one night after going to the Cameron Ridge water park. It was fairly clean, more updated then some of the other rooms we've stayed in, beds were comfortable, we got a very good nights sleep. Yes there was free breakfast which was nice but very bare bones...all bread items (muffins, waffles, toast, cereal, etc..). Very few TV channels and the ones that worked, very fuzzy. And my big complaint like everyone else is the pool hours. We were looking forward to getting into the pool the day we checked out but it doesn't open until 2 on weekends, 4 on weekdays. My daughter was very upset, one of the reasons why we choose this particular hotel. But it was extremely convenient to the water park and there are lots of restaurants, everything from fast food to fancy restaurants and in between and even a Target and Walmart within minutes. I was extremely happy with the price from Hotwire, and for the price it served its purpose very well for a very comfortable overnight stay. I just wouldn't recommend if you are looking for amenities or staying for a long while.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank poca1313
I thank you very much for your suggestion regarding pool. Taking your suggestion about the pool, we are working to extend the hours of operation for next year as pool season for this year is about to over. We are also working with the cable provider to have more channels for the days to come. Thank you for your suggestiion.
Mohawk, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

This motel was by far the most reasonably priced in the area. We were there for a graduation and it was close to the ceremony site. Also close to everything else we needed, shopping, dining, etc. However the pool was only open from 4 PM to 9 PM. This was due I guess because a lifeguard was provided ( something I have not seen before at a motel). Since we were busy elsewhere in the evenings we would have rather had the pool open during the day and been responsible for our own safety as is the case at most motels. The rooms were clean and comfortable and I would surely stay there again when I'm not in the company of the children and teens of the family.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I thank you for your valuable comments. We are working to extend pool hours for next year as this year, we have few days left to close the pool.Once agian thank you so much for staying with us.
G.M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alexandria
Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria
#15 of 53 in Alexandria
Days Inn Arlington Pentagon
Days Inn Arlington Pentagon
#48 of 51 in Arlington

Been to Days Inn Alexandria South? Share your experiences!