“poor service”

Ranked #50 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed October 3, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 28, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I checked in on 9/23/13 for 1 night stay. I checked in at around 9:30 p.m. got room #125. I was in there for about 1 hr. when I was sitting at the desk and I saw something out of the corner of my eye at the sink area. I looked over and saw a MOUSE jumping up trying to get into the hole in the wall where the sink pipe goes into the wall. I was mortified. I tried using the phone and it didn't work. I went to desk and ask for a room with no mice and the clerk gave me the key to room 117. I opened the door and the room smelled heavily of smoke and the bed was not made and the room was dirty. I went back to front desk and asked for a "clean" room!! She gave me the key to room #122 - I walked in that room and it smelled heavily of URINE!!! At this point I was very very upset and it was after 11 p.m. and I was tired of carrying my stuff from one room to another. I walked out of the room and there was a security officer who said he was coming by to check on me and asked if everything was ok and I said NO and explained the issues with the 3 rooms. He radioed to the front desk and she told him to try room 121. The security guard walked in first i sniffed and didn't smell anything out of the ordinary. I threw the covers and sheets back on the bed to make sure there was nothing there. We checked under the sink to make sure there was no hole around the pipe and we checked the bathroom. That room was "acceptable" for one night. I used the toilet and noticed that it was running longer than it should be, so I tied to jiggle the handle and that didn't work, so I took the lid off the back and found 2 beer cans in the tank!! In the morning I went to the breakfast area and there were numerous people in there and the food didn't look good enough to eat, there was cereal, english muffins, and donuts. I had coffee and asked at the front desk to speak to the general manager. He wasn't in, but Abby the clerk at the desk asked if there was anything she could do for me. Since I used Wyndham points to book the hotel she arranged for a refund of points. I was very appreciative of her kindness. I asked to have the general manager to call me, and he never called me back. I ended up calling Days Inn Customer Service to report this hotel and I was told that they were going to look into this hotel. My recommendation would be to choose another hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us.
Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests and at the same time provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards. Your incident will be reviewed and discuss during our daily “Guest Satisfaction” meeting to discuss your experience at the Days Inn Alexandria, Landmark.
We hope to have another opportunity to host you again and provide a more positive experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 26, 2013

i paid for a room with a kitchenette that was listed on the motels web sight.When myself and my girlfriend arrived the clerk checking us in informed us that the motel did not have a kitchenette.i told the clerk that I had paid for a room with a kitchenette on line 7 days earlier to get the 15 per cent discount.I then informed the clerk that we at least needed a room with a small refrigerator because of my girlfriend needing her diabetic medicine cold.The clerk said that it would be an extra 20 dollar charge per night for the refrigerator.The manager then stepped in said there would be no extra charge the fridge..I must say that he seemed to be the only one that knew what he was doing. We then had to wait an hour and half for them to find a room with a fridge for us.We finally got into the room at 4:30 pm.The room had no trash cans.The light bulbs were burned out .The television was old and basically not watchable.The safe in the room did not work.There was no iron.There were bugs on the carpet.l was so stressed out and so tired of argueing with the motel staff to even get the room. The next day I was able to persuade a maid to let us have a trash can. When I checked out they charged me an extra seven dollars for a room i had already paid for in advance.They claimed it was taxes.I will never stay at this motel again,nor would I advise any one else to.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple