“PLEASE READ THE REVIEWS AND AVOID THIS PLACE!”

Days Inn Alexandria
Ranked #48 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Alexandria, Virginia
“PLEASE READ THE REVIEWS AND AVOID THIS PLACE!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

So just like many others I got sucked into what a great deal this place was, but you definitely get what you pay for. I arrived on March 3rd at 1pm and was told no rooms were available and I would have to wait until 3pm to check in. I decided to look around and check the area out. Pro: The hotel was close to the highway and many places to eat. Con: There are not many people in the area that understand English, so have fun trying to order food or make any purchases. When I got back to the hotel my room was ready. Upon entering the room, the room was below average. The curtains, bed linen, TV, and general set up are extremely outdated. The bathroom was dirty with hair weave in the tub and garbage like the room wasn't cleaned. There was an old smell in the room that was hard to distinguish. Maybe it was the carpet??? I immediately called the office for a room change and I was told there were no rooms available to move to. I was reassured someone would be in to clean the room shortly. That never happened!! I actually went to the store and purchased supplies to clean the room myself. Your probably reading this and thinking why did I stay...I signed into a 3 month contract at a fixed rate and was told if I left I would be liable for any money not paid to them. Today is now April 3rd and I am completely disgusted with the management, housekeeping, and the hotel. One night I was awakened by a scratching noise coming from behind my refrigerator. I called the office and was told someone would come in the morning to check it out. Maintenance showed up with sticky mouse traps and laid them in a few places in the room. I asked if they had a rodent problem and I was told this has been an ongoing problem. However, management will deny it being a problem and act like it is the first time they have ever heard of a problem. I posted a pic of the mouse on the trap they placed. Housekeeping will never change your bed linen, clean countertops, or clean the bathroom. All they do is replace toilet paper and vacuum occasionally, but even that takes reminders and encouragement. Quite frankly there is no point in complaining because nothing will change. I should have read the reviews before choosing this place. Everything is true about the drug activity, prostitutes, across the street is section 8 housing with loud music and lots of "traffic" to one house in particular. Currently, they are working on the plumbing and will turn off the water without informing anyone that the water will be cut off temporarily. Safety is definitely a concern.. I parked my car one night after partying in DC and a bum knocked on my window asking for change. The police have come a few nights driving through the area asking is everything okay. One officer referred to the area as the "problem area". Now they are about to increase their nightly rates, I just hope they increase their below poor service. Your better off staying at the Comfort Inn across the street. At least they have a 24 hour IHOP :).

Room Tip: If you must stay here don't accept any rooms in the back of the building. The lighting isn'...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CellaM_13
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Alexandria, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
On behalf of the Days Inn Landmark, Alexandria Hotel, I apologize that you were not able to enjoy your stay, I have not had the pleasure speaking to you about your concerns during you stay; please contact me to further discuss your stay as we value your input and will do our best to make the improvements

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband's aunt had made reservations at the Days Inns for one night on 3/27/13 we were visiting from San Francisco, Ca, when we approached it the clerk was outside hanging out with someone who was drinking a beer, not very professional, but I didn't give it to much thought, then we saw what my husband said was a prostitute then I started thinking what kind of a place is this, specially if you have children with you, as we approached out rooms the doors to the rooms were all old and dirty very run down, we walked into our room and one look at it gave me the creeps, the spreads had burned holes in them and room smelled and I killed a roach and my son got bit by something the minute we walked in, we immediately called my husband's aunt to tell we were going to look for another place she was already a step head of us and got us a rooms at the Comfort Inn across from the Days Inn. What gets me angry is that I went to turn in my key and tell the clerk that I had killed a roach and he thanked for letting him know and that he would put in his report and that was the end of the conversation. When my husband's aunt tried to get a refund that clerk OUT RIGHT LIED and said he had offered us a different room or some other compensation, and not once did he ever mentioned anything about changing rooms and he specifically told me on phone that he told me about the compensation, the audacity of this clerk lying to my face, this place is not fit for anyone to stay unless you're looking for a quickie.

1 Thank sylviam06

Travelers are raving about these Alexandria hotels

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I would not recommend this to a friend. It was dangerous. The back side of the hotel had prostitutes and drug activity. After a room move the area was more suitable. Also next to section 8 housing. The beds were hard. The staff is very friendly and helpful and there was a Courtesy shuttle to the subway.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Brittanymeow
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The sink held up water and the toilet was not clean. So we changed our rooms. And now, guess what - the hair dryer didn't work and we found really big holes on the room walls. But the attitude of the employees was worst of all. First the burqa clad lady at the front desk told me that she would send house cleaning with a new hair dryer and then called us to tell that the only way to get a new one was to change the room again. That was just too bad. You don't go to a tourist place to waste half an hour in your crappy hotel waiting for a hair dryer. The staff is overall very unresponsive and irresponsible. None of the house cleaning staff know English .. so you will have a hard time explaining them your point. And yup, before I forget - their awesome breakfast consists of - bread/apples & oats. That's it. No milk, no cereals, no eggs -actually nothing. So beware if you staying there with your family.

1 Thank P C
Jeffersonville
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Mold in the bathroom.Holes in the wall. Bathroom was disgusting. Had to get my own cleaning supplies

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn