“I can't say enough good things about this place. Perfect stay!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria
Ranked #20 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed January 23, 2014

After deciding last-minute to make the trip to DC for the March for Life, I found the hotel on an internet travel money-saving site. I'm always a little sketched out because you don't see the hotel until you book and pay, but it was only going to be one night, so I figured I'd be okay. I called that morning to alert them I'd be arriving late. Mohammed took the information and told me it would be fine. Well, after a harrowing drive in awful weather, I arrived late to the hotel. Usher was at the desk and was very friendly and welcoming, despite having a lobby-full of pilgrims for the March for Life. He got me checked in very quickly and I went to my room. It was nothing fancy, but everything worked (heat was great), it was immaculately clean, it was comfortable, and I got a great night's sleep. I like that the heat fan stayed on constantly instead of clicking off and on all night. In the morning I called the front desk and asked if I could get a ride to the Van Dorn metro station. Mohammed said "sure, just call when you're ready." I made the in-room coffee, which was great, then I went down for breakfast, which was fine and adequate, then got my stuff and went to the front desk. He checked me out and called for the shuttle driver. He and another clerk at the desk cheerfully helped me map out my Metro route. It had snowed a lot the day and night before, so I was surprised and very pleased that the hotel was offering the shuttle service - and it was perfect! The shuttle driver came quickly and I was on my way. We had a great conversation, she was truly friendly and chatty, and I enjoyed the short drive very much. Before I knew it, I was at the station. The driver was very grateful for the $5 tip, but she was worth far more than that. After a long and very cold day in DC, I called the hotel while at the metro station just before Van Dorn to ask for a pick-up and was amazed to see the hotel shuttle waiting for me when I arrived! I had a different driver this time, but this driver was just as sweet and pleasant as the first one, like EVERYONE I'd met so far, and she got me back to my car at the hotel in no time. She, too, was very grateful for the $5 tip and she, too, was worth much more. I don't know what the manager of this hotel is doing, but he/she is doing a great job. The hotel was older but in very good shape from everything I could see. The bedding was nice and comfortable, the furniture and fixtures updated, the rooms and public areas were immaculately clean, every single person I encountered was kind and friendly, and my stay was simply perfect. I travel a lot, so I have been through it all. This was one of the most enjoyable short trips I've ever had, in large part because of the outstanding service I received from the people at the Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria. Thank you!

Room Tip: I had a single king room, which was perfect for me being alone, but would be small for more than one...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank thefitzs6
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your short stay at our hotel. While your booking source didn't tell you what hotel you were getting, we hope you will decide to book our hotel directly for you next trip to the DC area.

All of the employees you mentioned will be recognized at our next team meeting. It is a great inspiration for our team to hear your comments.

Thank you again for staying with us.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Was able to check in early (the staff even helped me surprise my boyfriend). They were kind enough to upgrade our room to a suite. As always the room was spotless and well decorated. We are in this area quite a bit and it is our go to. In my previous review I mentioned the pillows being too soft, was very pleased with the two different kinds this time (this made both of us happy!).

The staff is amazing - "D" in maintainance was able to find me a door stop and recommend an amazing restaurant. Mohammed at the front desk is amazing and helpful. The housekeepers are always so courteous.

Room Tip: We prefer the corner kings (not necessarily the suites) they just seem bigger *and I love being able...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Txtransplant2009
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Thank you for staying at our hotel again and thank you for the fantastic review you wrote about your stay. I will let each of the staff members know about your praise of their efforts and mention them publically in our next staff meeting.

Thank you again, we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed here for one night while traveling north.
We booked through Hotwire and got a decent price.
It was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good, lots of tables.
It was a pleasant stay and would would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Penni E
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Penni E.:

Thank you for staying at our hotel and thank you for taking your time to write a review about your stay at our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would return in the future.

If you come to the DC area in the future for more than one night we would like you to know that our free hotel shuttle provides transportation for our guests to/from the Van Dorn Metro station from 7 am to 9:30 pm every day so that you can see the sights in DC without having to drive in and hunt for parking.

Thank you again for staying with us and please let us know if we can be of assistance with your future travel plans to the DC area.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We found our way to this hotel because we travel with our dog. He was welcomed here for a $25 charge. We spent a great night in a large, well-decorated modern room. The bed was perfect. The bathroom had a large counter to hold all my toiletries. We were on the ninth floor, the top, and enjoyed the beautiful night view out the window. Mohammed at the desk was most helpful. The hotel is conveniently located, about 10 minutes from Old Town Alexandria. We would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

It's great to hear that you found our hotel to be a wonderful supprise. We appreciated your staying with us and your kind comments in your review of your stay at our hotel. We hope to see you again on your next trip to our area.

Thank you again.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I enjoyed my weekend stay at that hotel since it was a lot more reasonable than the actual hotel that hosted the Virginia Jaycees Fall Convention. The room, amenties, and hot breakfast provided were good.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank BILLDUNCAN
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

We really appreciate your staying at our hotel and thank you for the kind comments you included in the review you wrote about your stay. We hope to see you on your next trip to the DC areaa be it business or pleasure.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed here last fall before moving to Alexandria. We stayed one night (my parents and boyfriend) before moving into our apartment the next day. I was the only one out of our group that seemed to find the stay comfortable and decent after a long drive and the night before sleeping on an air mattress. We mainly chose the hotel because it was pet friendly and near where we'd be moving in the next day. Our room ended up having a fridge and microwave, neither of which we had thought came with the room, which was nice, and didn't end up coming with my parent's room. We pretty much ordered take out and relaxed for the night. My dad did try to order food from their "restaurant" that night, and I remember he wasn't impressed by it. Breakfast was decent the next morning.

Even though we didn't use the service, the Van Dorn metro station isn't that far away and probably a 20-30 minute ride from the main attractions in DC. If I was still in the area, I would recommend anyone visiting us to consider this hotel since it's close to the metro and more reasonably priced since it's not right in DC or downtown Alexandria.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for staying with us last year and for takning the time to post a review, we are happy that you enjoyed your short stay and that it was memorable enough to write about.

Our 'Cafe' does have a limited menu serving pizza, hamburgers, wings and a few salads. It is more a snack bar than a restaurant as we don't do table service. However, we recently opened our 'Snack Shop' located next to our front desk in the lobby. Our Snack Shop is open 2 hours a day with beverages, chips, cookies, frozen entrees, ice cream, beer and wine which adds more options for our guests who don't want to go out.

Thank you again for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed here for the Marine Corps Marathon in DC and it was excellent. Hotel was clean and comfortable. Staff was very friendly, polite and helpful. Provided a free bagged breakfast to the marathoners that was perfect,and the shuttle to/from the metro was quick and easy. Waited less than 5 minutes for the shuttle. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Susan L
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Susan,

Thank you for your kind words, we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We always enjoy being able to provide comfortable lodging for participants of the Marine Corps Marathon. Thank you again, we hope to see you on your next visit to the DC area.