After deciding last-minute to make the trip to DC for the March for Life, I found the hotel on an internet travel money-saving site. I'm always a little sketched out because you don't see the hotel until you book and pay, but it was only going to be one night, so I figured I'd be okay. I called that morning to alert them I'd be arriving late. Mohammed took the information and told me it would be fine. Well, after a harrowing drive in awful weather, I arrived late to the hotel. Usher was at the desk and was very friendly and welcoming, despite having a lobby-full of pilgrims for the March for Life. He got me checked in very quickly and I went to my room. It was nothing fancy, but everything worked (heat was great), it was immaculately clean, it was comfortable, and I got a great night's sleep. I like that the heat fan stayed on constantly instead of clicking off and on all night. In the morning I called the front desk and asked if I could get a ride to the Van Dorn metro station. Mohammed said "sure, just call when you're ready." I made the in-room coffee, which was great, then I went down for breakfast, which was fine and adequate, then got my stuff and went to the front desk. He checked me out and called for the shuttle driver. He and another clerk at the desk cheerfully helped me map out my Metro route. It had snowed a lot the day and night before, so I was surprised and very pleased that the hotel was offering the shuttle service - and it was perfect! The shuttle driver came quickly and I was on my way. We had a great conversation, she was truly friendly and chatty, and I enjoyed the short drive very much. Before I knew it, I was at the station. The driver was very grateful for the $5 tip, but she was worth far more than that. After a long and very cold day in DC, I called the hotel while at the metro station just before Van Dorn to ask for a pick-up and was amazed to see the hotel shuttle waiting for me when I arrived! I had a different driver this time, but this driver was just as sweet and pleasant as the first one, like EVERYONE I'd met so far, and she got me back to my car at the hotel in no time. She, too, was very grateful for the $5 tip and she, too, was worth much more. I don't know what the manager of this hotel is doing, but he/she is doing a great job. The hotel was older but in very good shape from everything I could see. The bedding was nice and comfortable, the furniture and fixtures updated, the rooms and public areas were immaculately clean, every single person I encountered was kind and friendly, and my stay was simply perfect. I travel a lot, so I have been through it all. This was one of the most enjoyable short trips I've ever had, in large part because of the outstanding service I received from the people at the Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria. Thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria is conveniently located directly off of I-495 Capital Beltway in Alexandria, Virginia and is an affordable alternative to lodging in downtown DC. Convenient to the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), the Pentagon, the National Mall, the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum, the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Memorial, Arlington National Cemetery, National Harbor, The White House, Holocaust Museum and the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, the Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria is the ideal location to see all that DC has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
- Comfort Inn And Suites Alexandria
- Comfort Inn Alexandria
- Alexandria Comfort Inn