Last year we were looking for a reasonably priced hotel that would allow us to take the subway into Washington, but be easily reached by car. We were coming from the south (up 95) and this hotel seemed to fit the bill. We were happy with it last year, so this year once we decided to visit Washington again we decided to return to it. This year we came from the north (Gettysburg), but still found it easy to reach at 9pm, taking the 495 around from the west (I don't think I'd want to try it at rush hour from the north, although it was fine last year at rush hour from the south). Take the ramp off the 495 at S Van Dorn, turn left at the lights, then left into the parking lot.
They have a shuttle to the Metro (2 minutes away) that you can call for on your return if it is before about 9:15pm. We have also walked from the Metro (less than 10 minutes for us) - come out where the bus dropped you off, walk acroos the parking lot and one block to Van Dorn, then under 2 bridges and up the hill to the hotel. It is quite safe according the locals. One train will take you past Reagan airport, then over to the Georgetown U area and on to the Smithsonian - we found it very handy.
The room wasn't particularly large and the air conditioner was somewhat loud (blowing air sound), but it had 2 chairs and was clean and comfortable. The room was quiet - no external noise, or noise from the hallway. Elevator was fast enough - we didn't seem to have to wait for it very long ever. Breakfast was good - a very long counter with everything spread out so that it wasn't cramped, lots of tables, 3 waffle makers, hot eggs and bacon or sausage, etc, kept fresh right up to 9:30am when it was closing.
Lobby has 1 computer for guest use, never had trouble getting time on it. Check in/out easy and the staff delightful and helpful (we had many questions concerning Washington). Pool is outside (beside the breakfast room) and looked clean, although we didn't use it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria is conveniently located directly off of I-495 Capital Beltway in Alexandria, Virginia and is an affordable alternative to lodging in downtown DC. Convenient to the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), the Pentagon, the National Mall, the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum, the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Memorial, Arlington National Cemetery, National Harbor, The White House, Holocaust Museum and the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, the Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria is the ideal location to see all that DC has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets and Choice Hotels so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn And Suites Alexandria
- Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
- Comfort Inn Alexandria
- Alexandria Comfort Inn