Stayed here for three nights with three adults in a king suite. Our adult daughter had a sofa bed in a attached room with her own vanity and toilet. The sofa bed lacked support in the springs. The king bed was comfortable and the rooms and linen were clean. Wi-fi access was good. Breakfast each morning was the usual with some hot items included and changed each morning. We bought light meals from the Cafe one evening and whilst my daughter and wife enjoyed the cheese pizza, I found the ham and cheese sandwich with fries unappetising. Jesse on the front desk was helpful at checkin and check out. We used the free shuttle to the Metro on one day. On our return to the station after a long day in DC we phoned the hotel front desk to be told that the shuttle would pick us in about 5-10 minutes. After 35 minutes the shuttle had not arrived so I phoned the hotel again to be told that traffic was bad and the shuttle was on its way. When the shuttle arrived my wife commented to the lovely girl who was driving about the traffic problem and she replied that there were no traffic issues at all and she had us back to the Comfort Inn very quickly. We believe that our first phone call had not been acted upon and when you are standing in the cold, dark and light rain at the Metro station waiting this is not good enough. It is on this basis and because of the uncomfortable sofa bed that we are rating the establishment as Very Good rather than Excellent. As indicated in the title of the review, there is only one car park access off Van Dorn Street and the entrance to this becomes blocked in the afternoon peak. It can also be difficult exiting as traffic comes around a blind curve up the hill and past the carpark exit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria is conveniently located directly off of I-495 Capital Beltway in Alexandria, Virginia and is an affordable alternative to lodging in downtown DC. Convenient to the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), the Pentagon, the National Mall, the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum, the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Memorial, Arlington National Cemetery, National Harbor, The White House, Holocaust Museum and the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, the Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria is the ideal location to see all that DC has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
- Comfort Inn And Suites Alexandria
- Comfort Inn Alexandria
- Alexandria Comfort Inn