“Very Pleased” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 52 Hotels in Alexandria
Grafton
“Very Pleased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

We were on our first trip to Washington DC and wanted to have a nice place to stay but without the cost of being close to DC. I had made several calls to talk to the staff to reassure me what I was getting into.
I was very pleased with everything, the staff was very friendly and always willing to help if you had questions.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is visitng DC, 3 miles to the Metro.
I found the rooms to be nice, if you are on vacation you are not there to watch tv which did have static but was good enough to watch in the morning to see what the weather was going to bel
The breakfast was also great, try the waffles they are the best!!!
Thank you staff you made our trip enjoyable, maybe you can give some tips to the staff at the Metro that is where we found the problems on the first day. We had gotten more help from the local people then the staff at the Metro.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank krykev

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Kutztown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

We stayed here on the spur of the moment. We had checked out of another motel and planned to go home but decided to stay at the last minute and see Mt. Vernon. The room was very clean and had the usual hair dryer and iron. It wasn't fancy, but it was clean and comfortable. That was all that we needed. We had plenty of extra towels at our disposal. Chrissy at the front desk is very nice and very helpful. The price was comparable to other motel chains in the area. There is a Denny's across the street more or less from the motel, and that was handy.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lindun104
Yukon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

I would only recommend this hotel if you don't need updated or nice decor.

If you like basic - this is your place.

Someone has been trying to update it but they still have a ways to go. We called to see if they had a room and the woman on the phone kept saying we have a clean room, actually she was trying to say Queen room but I would add I think it was a clean as they could make it. Great pillows - but I used my own.

There was a door between our room and the next room - thing that scared me -- they had a lock on our side but did it have a lock on the other side? No inside security lock. Definately dirty cloudy windows, old tv with more static channels than actual channels, dirty wallpaper. Needed more updating and newer carpet. Room did have a lot of "cover" up smells to mask the old/smoke smell.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jenni-Oklahoma
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

Beds were very comfortable, each bed had 4 pillows of different density which was a big plus. Breakfast was included in the reasonable price and it included Belgian waffels, cereal, pastries, toast, scrambled eggs and bacon! Rooms were quiet enough. Many contractors / workers use this hotel so you have lots of pick ups in the lot that leave early, but not a problem.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

The bed was excellent. The room was large with micro and fridge and thermostat controlled heat and air conditioning. Pool!!! Very quiet. I felt very safe.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

Stayed here just after Christmas 2009, after the snowstorm and subsequent heavy rains. Purpose was to stay one night, in a hotel that is away from the downtown Washington DC hotels...it is about 20mins drive during non-traffic hours (we drove into Washington on Saturday nite and again on Sunday morning).

The hotel was as expected....business travellers would probably prefer to stay at a Hampton Inn or Courtyard Marriott. But for a family that just needs a stopover stay, or even a 2 nite stay, the Quality Inn Mt Vernon is more than adequate and good on the pocketbook...AAA discount brought the price down from $80/nite to $72. Complimentary hi-speed wireless internet in our room (205) was difficult to connect to, but the front staff were able to lend me a cable to connect to the hi-speed also available in the room at the desk area. Next door (rm 204), our friends had no problem to connect wirelessly.

Saw the prior review about false advertising regarding the queen beds...for us, we asked to check out the rooms first before booking, and I did notice that the headboards were also not as wide as the advertised queen beds, but they certainly were not double-sized beds, and were roomy enough for us (2 adults, 2 teens), so I'll assume they WERE queen size (in fact, we slept on double-sized beds the next night at a different hotel, so I KNOW these beds at Quality Inn were definitely bigger, and really are Queen sized). Anyway, as far as the beds, these mattresses seemed to be fairly new, and VERY comfortable (my wife is picky about this, and she had good compliments about the beds). Small washroom, small fridge, and a microwave...just adequate for us.

Breakfast was Ok...it was in a separate room was next to the lobby, and felt a bit small/tight....scrambled eggs, and crispy/dry bacon, but also included hot waffle irons...staff was quiet and shy, but helpful to make the waffles for us, and also for our teens. Quiet, elderly breakfast staff, but courteous nonetheless.

For locating this hotel, it was easier to punch in "7240 Fordson Rd, Alexandria VA" on my Garmin GPS. For seeing it at Google Maps, try "7248 Fordson Rd, Alexandria VA" and then switch to street view.

Have to give a thumbs up to this hotel, especially for a quick stay with free parking and away from the expense of Washington Dc area.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank TravellingPuckhead
southernpurp
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

I read several previous reviews prior to my stay and decided to take a chance anyway. Believe me, it was worth the visit. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The housekeeping staff and the security guard "Dee" were friendly. I enjoyed my 3-day stay. The continental breakfast was plentiful and tasty. And there's a Denny's right in front of the hotel. There is a computer in the lobby for use if you're a guest of the hotel. No, it;s not a lux hotel, but my room was always clean and well stocked. Had some problems with the heating system but that was minor. I never heard anyone on either side of me, but I did hear water running at one time. My only problem was the bus stop location, as the stop is about two blocks away, and I had to walk with suitcase . But the train station is just a 15 minute ride . There were quite a few people walking around and near the hotel, but that's because it's in a residential neighborhood, with apartments right next door. Overall, great stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business