“Reasonably Priced”

Quality Inn Mount Vernon
Ranked #31 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Nice place for a short stay, the staff were very friendly. The room was a little dingy, the door did not close very easily, and did not feel very secure. Room was reasonably clean. Air conditioner was very loud which interrupted sleep throughout the night every time it came on. The breakfast was mediocre, not as wide of a selection that I have been used to at other choice hotels.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Valerie G
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Mount Vernon

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The friendly staff upon my arrival was an added bonus for selecting this hotel. This is a great location for touring the Mt. Vernon historic site. Room was clean, shower was good, bed was comfortable, and the breakfast offered variety. The door to my 1st-floor room seemed a loose fit in it's frame but lockable. The neighborhood was well-worn, but seemed safe anyway.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Liz F
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I like the way the building is boxed in so the rooms all face inward toward the court yard. Housekeeping is phenomenal and everything you could possibly want while shopping is within a mile or so. The beds are so-so but the four fluffy pillows are awesome. The microwave and fridge in each room is quite handy. There is a fitness center and my all round favorite... laundry. That is so convenient!! I'm not sure of the regular price as I booked my reservation through Priceline.com but it was well worth the money. I love this area.

Room Tip: get near the ice machine... there is only one on the third floor and one on the first. be careful w...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Frankie H
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The staff and location are very good. But the hotel is in bad need of repair and face lift.
The door to my room was weather damaged so bad there was at least a 1 inch "crack" at the bottom of my door due to rot.
Wallpaper was coming off the walls all over. The bed and table were very outdated and old and need replace. When I sat at the table, I was afraid it would fall down. The chairs. The longer I sat in them the lower to the floor they would get. Very worn out.
If in the area, I would stay here again, but there are many other hotels in the area. But as I said, it is a good location and the staff was very nice.
The room I was in had two double beds. The room looked like at one time it was a suite or a large one bed room. I had to turn sideways to walk past the second bed to get to the bathroom.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank peterpan2011
Reviewed November 14, 2012

On our first rainy day in America, it was good to arrive to this nice hotel.
free continental breakfast, free parking, free coffee, free local calls and free USA Today. Guests enjoys relaxing in the picnic area.
Business travelers will appreciate conveniences like free wireless Internet access and access to fax and copy services.
All rooms come equipped with coffee makers, microwaves, refrigerators, hair dryers, irons, ironing boards and cable LED television with HBO.
we enjoyed every moment of our stay!

Room Tip: Rooms are very good
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank GadiB69
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This place had everything I wanted: acceptable rooms, courteous staff, free on-site parking, one of the better continental breakfasts I've seen, and a convenient location between old town Alexandria and Mt. Vernon. The staff was actually one of the nicest parts for me. The first room they gave us had a problem with the door locking so I requested a new room expecting to get some resistance, but they couldn't have been nicer about it and just gave us a room next door so we didn't have to lug our stuff very far. There's also a small fee that is added to every room that can be removed at check-out, and again, I expected resistance to asking about this, but they were totally fine with it and didn't question a thing. It's just nice to encounter staff that know their policies and accommodate their patrons.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Jason G
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This motel is clean and comfortable. I feel it is a great value for the price. It has a center courtyard which I thought was lovely. The staff was helpful and friendly.

We liked our room so much we decided to spend an additional night. The bed was very comfortable. The towels were soft and nice.

This motel is very near Mount Vernon which is a must see. Great for anyone interested in history. Also if going into DC it is not too far from the Huntington metro station. We purchased a day pass and took the metro wherever we wanted to go.

I think this place is a great value for the price. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple