“Great neighborhood coffee shop”
Review of Misha's

Misha's
Ranked #1 of 25 Coffee & Tea in Alexandria
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

Good coffee and friendly service. Usually not too crowded but even if there's a line it's always fast. Misha's is our go-to coffee shop in the neighborhood.

Reviewed July 26, 2017

I stopped in here late one afternoon for an iced coffee. The drink itself was fine, but the baristas (at least the ones working that afternoon) clearly had a bit of an attitude, offering diffident, distracted service. West-facing windows also made it not the best place to hang out on a sunny, summer afternoon.

Reviewed July 8, 2017

Misha's is my favorite neighborhood coffee shop. They roast their own coffee, the service is great (and fast!), and the atmosphere is inviting and relaxing. They also offer local donuts, pastries, and pies throughout the day which are always delicious. Unlike your local Starbucks, no one really orders "fancy" drinks here, which I personally appreciate. I can get in and out in less than 2 minutes and the employees remember faces/names and are always very friendly. Misha's also has a daily selection of jazz music playing in the background, which makes me love this place even more.

Reviewed July 2, 2017

I went their after reading all these great reviews, but must say that the service really disappointed me, as well as the overall atmosphere. Didn't know what to take from the menu, and even though there was no one waiting behind me, the barista was annoyed, not really helpful, and made me feel unwelcome.

Reviewed June 3, 2017

Quirky little place on one of the side street in Alexandria. Stopped for an afternoon pick-up with the family as we were walking around. The coffee is pretty good, and the cold drinks are well prepared. I think my only gripe is that the espresso did not have a proper crema on top, but tasted good.

The place is small and not a lot of seats. The menu is done in magnetic letters which was interesting - never seen that before. We happened to be in the shop while the roaster was being cleaned and the person cleaning it was very accommodating to our questions, essentially giving a mini roasting lesson. The kids thought it was interesting how the beans were so light colored before roasting and how the flavor changed based on how the beans were roasted.

Overall, good stop!

Been to Misha's? Share your experiences!