“Best Coffee in Old Town Alexandria”
Review of Misha's

Misha's
Ranked #1 of 26 Coffee & Tea in Alexandria
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed July 8, 2017

Misha's is my favorite neighborhood coffee shop. They roast their own coffee, the service is great (and fast!), and the atmosphere is inviting and relaxing. They also offer local donuts, pastries, and pies throughout the day which are always delicious. Unlike your local Starbucks, no one really orders "fancy" drinks here, which I personally appreciate. I can get in and out in less than 2 minutes and the employees remember faces/names and are always very friendly. Misha's also has a daily selection of jazz music playing in the background, which makes me love this place even more.

Reviewed July 2, 2017

I went their after reading all these great reviews, but must say that the service really disappointed me, as well as the overall atmosphere. Didn't know what to take from the menu, and even though there was no one waiting behind me, the barista was annoyed, not really helpful, and made me feel unwelcome.

Reviewed June 3, 2017

Quirky little place on one of the side street in Alexandria. Stopped for an afternoon pick-up with the family as we were walking around. The coffee is pretty good, and the cold drinks are well prepared. I think my only gripe is that the espresso did not have a proper crema on top, but tasted good.

The place is small and not a lot of seats. The menu is done in magnetic letters which was interesting - never seen that before. We happened to be in the shop while the roaster was being cleaned and the person cleaning it was very accommodating to our questions, essentially giving a mini roasting lesson. The kids thought it was interesting how the beans were so light colored before roasting and how the flavor changed based on how the beans were roasted.

Overall, good stop!

Reviewed April 23, 2017

Went here for a quick coffee/tea after running a race in Alexandria with some friends. It is in a great location, in the middle of everything. There is plenty of pay for use parking spots and lots. If you are willing to walk, there is street parking further down.

The menu is great. We were each able to find a drink that we liked on the menu. They have baked goods, but by the time we got there (10:30 am), they were sold out of a lot of things. So if you want some food, I suggest getting there earlier.

Service was wonderful. There is seating inside, a little outside. There a is a restroom in the back. It is clean, but a little awkward.

Reviewed April 7, 2017

No frills, but comfy where locals hang out. Homemade baked goods on the counter. It's not Starbucks, but that's the good part.

Been to Misha's? Share your experiences!