“No Bones About It.”

Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Woodbridge, Virginia
“No Bones About It.”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I got tired of sitting around the house, so we decided to go out for some fresh air and ended up at Bonefish Grill. We have previously visited Bonefish separately and at separate locations, so this was our first time there together. Saturday evening, 8:30PM, the restaurant was busy, but we were promptly seated. We had a quick back and forth with the waiter about drinks and appetizer, he recommended the oysters (good choice). I ask for a Guinness stout, can't stand draught. He said they had it in a can, bad choice! Tasted just like the draught; he politely took it back and replaced it with my old faithfully Samuel Adams Boston Lager. I order the Gulf Grouper and my wife the Chilean Sea Bass. Both with steamed vegetable with no butter of oil (per our request). It also came with this Indian corn ( don't remember the name) that was delicious. Both Fishes were flaky and juicy, but I could have done with a little more seasoning on mine (Should have read the fine print...clean flavor). All in all great service, very nice ambience, good food and great company! Nice unplanned night out.

• Visited August 2013

• Arabic first
The Villages, Florida
“This Chain is Always Favorably Consistent”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We have been going to the restaurant in The Villages, Florida primarily because this is the best restaurant in town, unfortunately. Since it has no competition, the place is always crowded with good 40 minutes wait most of the time. Not so in Alexandria, Va. There are too many good restaurants here so haven't been to this restaurant in ages. As usual we had great food and services. Loved the Singapore Caramari with Asian sauce. Caramari was lightly battered and squids juicy. My wife loved the Chilean sea bass and I enjoyed the lobster roll. Can't beat it at $13.50. Service was excellent, not too pushy and yet very attentive. Keep it up. Would like to try fish n' chips next time.

• Visited July 2013
San Diego, California
“More than Dinner - Simply a Great Experience!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Our family goes out to eat a lot! My husband and I have both worked in the industry - on and off - for years, and although we are not super fussy eaters, we are pretty critical of service. Even our teenage kids know the difference between good service and great service.

This was our first Bonefish experience. I knew of the concept, but had never had an opportunity to try one. Since we were in the DC area for family vacation, we decided to give it a go. The restaurant is located in a nice strip mall, alongside other food venues. It appeared very busy, but we were greeted warmly and seated immediately. When our server, Aryka, approached our table, it was obvious that she was following an established protocol - asking if we were from out-of-town (my husband was the only gentleman with hair below his ears in the entire restaurant), recommending drinks, recommending food dishes, etc. As she was away placing our order, my 16-year-old commented that, "the employees here must really like their jobs, because they are all smiling to their tables". I glanced around and noted that her observation was correct, and also appreciated the impact that made on the energy of the entire dining room. My husband commented that the restaurant obviously had great management.

As the meal progressed, and the engagement with Aryka continued, my girls decided they were ready to take her home to San Diego. We have a family tradition of asking the server (if we like them) to recite the dessert menu using one of two Monty Python speech impediments, and Aryka was more than obliging. We call it "Dinner and a Show" when the server is willing to go above and beyond to make our evening as much fun as it is delicious. The food was great, but Aryka made our night!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank deborahhorger
Alexandria, VA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Anniversary dinner”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We went to Bonefish Grill for our anniversary dinner early on a Sunday evening, when it was less crowded. Of course, we had to have the Bang Bang shrimp, which was so delicious. It tasted better than how they were serving before because it was less spicy. We both ordered the grouper, one of our favorite fish dishes, and it was cooked perfectly. The food was very enjoyable. There was one disappointment though. What was supposed to be a romantic evening was interrupted constantly by a steady stream of servers going by our booth. We went to the bar afterwards, it looked and seemed crowded, but it wasn't. We enjoyed a couple of pleasant cocktails before we left. Bonefish Grill is one of my favorite restaurants so I know we will be back.

• Visited June 2013
Lohja, Finland
“Bang Bang Every Time.”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We love going to Bonefish, every time we're in the area. Never a disappointment, but make a RESERVATION or you will inevitably wait.
I always order a Sidecar (yummy Mango flavored drink), and we get the Bang Bang shrimp, and Tuna sashimi. Living in Finland, we have tried multiple times to recreate the shrimp...but have yet to discover Bonefish's well guarded secret.
The other dishes are quite good, and we usually get whatever specials they have going. The only thing I wish, is that they would not charge extra for asparagus (I mean really, we're already dropping a fair amount), and they would change their vegetable medley, which has been the same zucchini/tomato mash for years now.
Other than that we love the place.

• Visited May 2013