“Amazing Hotel”

Ranked #13 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Amazing Hotel”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I had a meeting around the area at Alexandria. We stayed at the Westin for the 4th time.
As expected, Hospitality, location, people and every bit of the experience was magnificent.
The newly assigned manager was very helpful, attending to all of our request with warm and professional attitude. Made our stay a happy and memorable one.
Thank you very much for the wonderful stay.
We were there from May 23 til May 27.

Room Tip: Stay in upper, higher floor rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at The Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Enjoylife...
Thanks for staying with us yet again and taking the time to give us such a great review. We do very much appreciate that you continue to stay with us and are delighted that all went well. Look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Rich Casale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights during Memorial Day weekend while visiting friends. Due to our SPG status, we were upgraded to an Executive Club Room but since it was a holiday weekend, the Club Lounge was not open so the hotel offered us a complimentary breakfast at Trademark, the hotel bar/restaurant. The room was clean and spacious and we enjoyed being next door to a Starbucks, a block or so from a 7-11, and a short walk to Whole Foods. We used the gym and the pool and both were well-maintained and secure. The first evening we arrived late and so we decided to have dinner at Trademark. We really loved the many beer options as well as the soft pretzel bites and the buffalo chicken flatbread. The service was really great. Our waiter was very sweet and responsive. Also, the host/manager who seated us was very nice as well and even looked into our breakfast options for the next day. He also would be the one to seat us for our 2 breakfasts at Trademark during our stay. The bar area was a little rowdy due to a large cycling group staying at the hotel, but the staff seemed to make sure our table was well-taken care of to compensate for this. It wasn't a big problem as we were there to watch the NBA playoffs as well and it was nice to see everyone having a great time. The breakfast turned out to be a buffet the next day (to accommodate the large cycling group). There were plenty of options and we loved the fresh fruit available. The following breakfast was a la carte so we each had an omelette and they were very good and covered by our free breakfast voucher. We can't wait to stay (and eat) here again when we come back!

Room Tip: Grab a beer and watch the game at Trademark, the hotel's bar/restaurant.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear OutToLunch,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share such a great review of our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you back again soon.
Rich Casale
miami, FL
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stayed here mutiple times on business travel. Consistently strong Westin property when it comes to SPG benefits. Front desk in pm is well above average and are very professional. Restaurant is also very good with some unique menu items, particularly like brunch options (crab hash was very good). I found management to be responsive to traveler's concerns voiced in SPG survey. Housekeeping had some off days, but issues were minor. Overall, location, newer Westin property and service make this a good choice for DC area.

Rooms are spacious and clean with views of Federal courthouse and surrounding Alexandria. Suites nicely furnished with some extras. Only complaint is TV in studio suite was a little small when watching from bed area.

A short walk to Old Town Alexandria metro stop and Whole Foods. Recommend this property.

Room Tip: courthouse views are best
1 Thank tigerfoods
Thomas P, Director of Operations at The Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear tigerfoods,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and providing us with a great review of our hotel! We continue to focus on our housekeeping quality and hopefully we can address those little minor issues. I apologize for those challenges but as you mentioned, we will do anything we kind to make sure your stay is the most enjoyable.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon. Thank you for being a loyal SPG member!

Thomas Poteau, Director of Operations.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed May 31, 2014

First off, the location is great to get around Alexandria. The rooms were clean even though the lobby was far more outstanding than the rooms. The front desk staff is great and very helpful. However, the valet attendants really could use a lesson in hospitality. We did not use the valet service because we had friends down the street in Alexandria and parked at their apartment building. The valet service is 26 dollars a day. When we addressed this with the valet and told them we were not using the valet parking, I got the talk about how great the valet parking was. When I again insisted that we were not using the valet parking because the parking at my friend's apartment was 10 dollars for 2 days as opposed to 52 dollars for 2 days at the Westin, I got a really dirty look. When I begin to move my car, the driver had gone on to move another car and proceeded to block me in and almost hit my car with a larger Yukon as he was attempting to do a 3 point turn. I also noticed the same driver later in the day as we left the hotel open a guest's car door into oncoming traffic. Why would I leave my car with people that don't respect others' property? As I was checking out today, we had the same issue with valet attendants as I pulled into the loading area. They did not offer to help bring bags down but began to hassle me about giving them my keys. This was my only complaint, and I am glad we did not use the valet service. Also, the free shuttle service was a great offer, but in reality, the drivers don't speak English well and have issues understanding addresses. Also, we took the shuttle back to the hotel from Old Town Alexandria. The driver broke a few traffic laws as he was trying to get us back because his shift was ending; this included running a red light. I would just get familiar with the streets and walk back. Overall, it is a nice and clean hotel in a great location. My only issue had to do with the valet attendants and the shuttle service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thomas P, Director of Operations at The Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Amy20141229, Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and your interaction with the front desk was delightful. I am sorry to read about your experience with our valet and shuttle team. We will get this addressed right away with them We certainly want take every precaution as we drive our guest's vehicles. Safety is our priority number one so thank you for bringing to our attention your experience so you may correct it.
Montgomery, New Jersey
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I recently attended a conference at this hotel. Check-in was handled quickly; the room was large with a nice selection of pillows of different softnesses. Surfaces (lamps, end table) were a bit dusty though. The conference facilities were spacious and accommodating with AV and wireless access working flawlessly. The meals were varied and delicious; nice treats were the expansive salad bar and the cupcakes! One concern: upon check-in, I was asked if I wanted to participate in the hotel's green program. In exchange for a $5 voucher on a green card (for food at the restaurant or Starbucks), I would not have housekeeping services during my stay. I agreed but upon reflection, it appears that this is more than a "green" program; it's a method to reduce staff. A green program saves on washing towels, linens, etc. It could also avoid using cleaning products. I think that the program should be modified to do the above but still include staff to make the bed, empty the garbage, replenish the tea/coffee, etc. Otherwise, it was a very positive experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear MaryPat105. Thank you for staying with us. I am glad we were able to host your conference and you enjoyed the food. I wanted also to thank you for enrolling in our Make a Green Choice program. Starwood and the Westin Alexandria are committed in reducing our carbon footprint across the world. We have an aggressive goal to reduce our energy consumption by 30%, our water consumption by 20%, all this by 2020. Our program is called Starwood 30 20 20, if you are interested in reading about our engagement. Consequently, Our Make a Green Choice program largely contributes to our effort in reaching this goal.

When our guests graciously enroll into the program, we, in return, do not enter their guestroom. However, the service or our amenities (such as coffee, waters, shampoo…) are always available upon request by calling Service Express.
boston
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I was traveling back to Boston from Fort Lauderdale with my border collie. The Westin was fantastic. They do not charge a pet fee(unheard of). The location of their hotel to Old Town was a short walk about 1.5 miles. Beautiful greeen spaces all around. Staff was super helpful, dinner was great in the hotel restaurant.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear mrspbj, thank you for choosing to stay with us during your road trip. I am happy to hear you and your 4 legged best friend were able to enjoy our hotel and the area. We are proud to offer our pets guests the same heavenly stays as their owners! Come back and visit us again soon!
Richmond, United States
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This hotel was outstanding. Easy to get to and very warm reception when we arrived. We booked 55 rooms for my daughters wedding and everyone have a wonderful experience. We had lunch and a few had dinner over the weekend. Food was excellent. The staff helped us when ever we need assistance. The front desk, bell hops and front door staff were always there to help if needed. Highly recommend this Westin if you are in the area.

Green Features: Very aware of going green. they asked all who attended to help and go green. Very nice practice.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Robert C, Thank you for allowing the westin alexandria to host and celebrate one of those special days. We love to be able to be part of such memories. I am glad to read that our staff was able to provide you with all the assistance you needed. Thank you for the positive comments and recoomendation. We hope to see you again soon.