“Standard Westin in quiet part of town” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Alexandria

Westin Alexandria
Ranked #18 of 52 Hotels in Alexandria
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Standard Westin in quiet part of town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

No complaints, great property. Its a bit of a hike to King Street for any sort of night life, but they do have a shuttle that will take you down there. The shuttle will also take you to the Metro Station if you need to go to D.C. but won't take you directly to the airport. All in all no complaints other than the front desk being slow at checkin and checkout.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Chris B,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your comments. My apologies for the delay in your check in/check out. I was glad to know that you generally enjoyed the hotel and took note to our shuttle service available in and around Old Town and to the Metro. Hopefully you had an opportunity to take advantage of it. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Rich Casale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Arnold, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed at this property for my niece's wedding weekend. The hotel was upscale, clean and lovely. The room and bath were classy and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. The only drawback was the parking situation. The only option was valet parking and although the service was attentive it was a bit slow. The wedding reception was held at the hotel and was wonderful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Maureen,
Thank you for staying with us. I was glad to know you enjoyed your accomodations and our staff and that all went well with wedding reception. We hope to see you back again soon.
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night in September 2013. When I checked in, I immediately went up to my assigned guestroom, and I noticed that the air was not working. I called the front desk who sent a engineer up to my room. The engineer could not fix the problem, so I had to switch my room. Ugh…what a pain. When I arrived to the new room, I noticed that it was not the same as the original room. The original room had a sofa, but the new one did not. Since I was only there one night, I didn’t make a fuss about it.

The hotel is just 3/4 blocks from the King Street metro station, and it’s just a short walk from the shops/bars/restaurants on King Street. The hotel even offers a shuttle service within a certain radius.

The Trademark restaurant adjoins the hotel, and it’s actually pretty good. I ate brunch there, and I really enjoyed their selection of brunch items. Their regular menu seems to be pretty extensive as well, especially their drink selections.

All in all, I had a good stay; however, with all of the other hotels in the area, I can’t say that I enjoyed my stay enough to stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank QTPyePop
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear QTPyePop,
Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to share your comments. I was glad to know you enjoyed our location and your experience in Trademark. I did want to extend my apologies for the inconviences related to the air not working properly in the room and hope that we extended ourselves enough in the process of making a room change for you. Thanks again. Please feel free to reach out to me personally when you might have an opportunity to visit again as I would like to look after your accomodations.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Warm, and inviting hotel, with everything I needed. Clean, modern, quiet. A perfect retreat for my trip to DC. Even though I don't like Starbucks, there was one right around the corner for your coffee fix.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Ckings8
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Ckings,
Thank you for staying with us. I was glad to know that all went well with your stay and that you were able to find everything you needed. Thanks as well for taking the time to share your thoughts. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Great property. Highly recommend. Valet parking only, which is not uncommon around the DC area. You can, however, park on the street as long as you move your vehicle by 8AM. The property appears to be somewhat new which may explain why it look so crisp.
I would recommend this property to everyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank partsguy1942
Dear partsguy,
Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to comment. I was glad to know that you enjoyed our service and facilties and we will hope to welcome you back soon.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Bed is so comfortable and the service great. Did not like being forced to use Valet parking. Expensive, not worth the cost. Should be allowed to park without charge while staying at hotel. The location was great. Wish the hotel was a little closer to where family lives, but not the hotels fault. Would recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Cdrwr,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments. I am glad to know you enjoyed our Heavenly Bed and service in general. Although we do offer only valet parking in the hotel's garage as you mention, there are other less costly options to consider for your next visit in. There is quite a bit of street parking around the hotel and a number of self park garages located within a couple of blocks. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

stayed here multiple times on business trips - excellent service, great fitness center and pool; centrally located between two metro stops with free shuttle to metro. Restaurant is quiet with good food

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cfm8701
Dear CFM,
Thank you for choosing the Westin Alexandria for your stays when travelling to the area. I was delighted to know that you have stayed with us many times and are enjoying our service, fitness center, restaurant, and location among other things. We look forward to continuing to be of service and please feel free to reach out to me at any time while you are here.