The Westin Alexandria
Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$167
$152
$149
Hampton.com
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$101
Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$198
$169
$244
$239
EmbassySuites.com
  • Pool
Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$197
$215
$202
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$138
$110
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsheavenly bedfederal courthouseking streetold towntrademark officevalet parkingminute walkwhole foodsmetro stationvery nice hotelmasonic templefew blocksper daydc areavery nice staybusiness travelerup to date
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 4, 2008

Lovely new hotel with attentive staff located in a beautiful part of Alexandria. It is surrounded by luxury residences and in sight of the majestic Masonic Temple. I thought the parking rate of 24/day was exorbitant but was able to find parking on street nearby for free because it was a weekend, saving 72 dollars. It's the only place for me now in Alexandria.

• Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed June 27, 2008

I was at the Westin to attend an association board meeting. The accomodations were very nice. The staff was friendly and attentive. The meeting space was fine. The food service for the meeting was way above average for this type of event.

The location is good. A moderate walk to much of the stuff on King Street. Maybe 30 minutes if you wanted to walk all the way to the wharf. A metro station for getting into DC is just a couple of blocks away.

Overall, a very nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2008

Just completed a great stay at this well-appointed hotel with outstanding service. Top-notch Westin experience - clean, new, very comfortable and stylish. Great work space, to include internet access quality. As a newer hotel, all areas are clean, neat and pleasant.

Of particular note was the attentiveness of the staff. My room was upgraded without request, the concierge had a pre-printed running route in my hnds before I finished asking, and smiles were in abundance. Of particular note was a staff member in the lobby who heard my colleague express frustration over her inability to have breakfast - she mentioned to me that she needed a bagel and a soft drink along our trip. Before we could pull away from the hotel, there was a knock on the window - this staff member overheard my colleague and took the initiative to obtain a soft drink and a bagel and package it for her trip.

The location is great - a 5-10 minute walk from the Amtrak and Metro stations.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2008

This hotel is new and 'looks' attractive but the staff is extremely inexperienced and unaware of how to properly handle problems. First, parking is valet-only and costs $24/day. I was traveling with 3 other people, were we had 4 separate rooms. For some reason they had us booked as sharing rooms. They had 4 available rooms but still had us standing in lobby for over 30 minutes while they stared are the computer and didn't know how to handle the situation. Everything was extra, water was not complimentary, internet is $10/day, and $7 for only 15 minutes in business center, there are like 7 men to greet and help you at the door and then the front desk has 6 computers with one employee. One of the members of our party arrived to his room to find it not cleaned up from the previous occupant. But the final kicker for me was when I checked out and they told me that my credit card was declined. I knew that this wasn't the case so I called my credit card company and learned that the Westin Hotel had 12 charges to my account totaling $4800. I went to the manager to complain and they really never took any blame and couldn't explain it. Unfortunately, my card was locked for over 24 hours. The staff was extremely young and inexperienced. They never made any consolation to me and never even offered. I will NEVER stay at another Westin property.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2008

We stayed at the Westin Alexandria from April 11-13, 2008. We were extremely pleased with the hotel - a new luxury hotel. The staff is well trained and friendly.

The service was excellent from check in until the check out. Valet parking is $25 a night but they were very fast and helpful.

The hotel is very new, modern, and is an excellent location in Old Town Alexandria. It is in easy walking distance from some restaurants and the Metro.

We booked a king room. It was perfectly clean and well appointed. Bedding was typical for the Westin chain, which is indeed heavenly! The room had a nice sitting area and a large flat panel HDTV. Noise was never an issue and our room has a view of other buildings...not too bad.

The bathroom was spotless. The two showerheads - Westin Heavenly Bath - were great!

Highly recommended.