WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of The Westin Alexandria

The Westin Alexandria
Ranked #12 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great place to rest your head!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

We recently stayed here on a business/pleasure trip, it was wonderful!!! The staff is all very helpful and friendly. The location is close to Old Alexandria with tons of restuarants and shopping. With the refrigerator in the room, we were able to buy breakfast and snacks/water at the very close Whole Foods and eat in our room. And the Starbucks just two doors down was very handy.

The beds are very cozy, the towels clean and fluffy and the rain showerhead is relaxing.

The King St. Metro station is a 7 minute walk and will take you anywhere you need to go in D.C. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room the faces the courthouse, otherwise it's an alley view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at The Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear PrtyGrl,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share your comments. I was delighted to learn of your satisfaction with our staff, our location, and our Heavenly Bed and Shower. We will be looking forward to your next visit and I hope to have the opportunity to meet you at that time. Thanks again.

Rich Casale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location, its modern, clean and a great value as I booked through Priceline and got an $80 rate. The staff was friendly enough and check in and out were both easy. My only criticism is that they charge $9.95/day for wifi. The fitness center is very nice as well.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at The Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear dpolumbo,

Thank you for staying with us this past week and thanks for taking to time to share your comments. I was delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Chagrin Falls, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

The hotel is in a wonderful and convenient location. Although it was just a quick overnight and I booked the room on an online travel site, the check-in was seamless and the front desk agent extremely curtious. Our room was nicely appointed and spotless. Since we were traveling in January, the weather was not ideal for walking around but you could have easily walked to the movie theatres and an area with several restaurants. If you do have a car, the only parking available is valet for $26 a day. It was convenient and the car was promptly brought to us but be aware of the charge.We were fortunate to have booked a room on the club floor which included a continental breakfast. We traveled over a weekend so the club floor was not open for breakfast so our vouchers provided us with a full breakfast off the menu in their restaurant. The menu selection was fabulous and the food very good. I loved the individual pot of coffee on your table! When our table was a bit wobbly, two servers (not even our own) were immediately there to assist and get it leveled. Job well done to all the staff from valet, front desk, housekeeping and restaurant!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cynthia-Ohio
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night in January. The hotel is relaxing and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. There is a shuttle that takes you to/from the King St. Metro stop (two stops from Reagan National Airport) and it is right by the USPTO. Trademark, the restaurant downstairs was pretty good too. Good place to stay!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I mistakenly thought I had reservations at the Westin Alexandria January 18-24, 2013.I would like to commend 2 individuals, Sara and Ronald, for their outstanding attention to my needs.Their professionalism and courtesy makes me glad that I am a Starwood Preferred member, and it has made Westin my hotel of choice.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at The Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear ChuckL 57,

Thank you for staying with us recently. I was so glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and particularly the service of Sara and Ronald. We are very excited about the service they and so many other of our staff provide for our guests. I hope we will be seeing you again soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

You expect a certain something when you stay at a Westin, and this one has it all ! What sets this above all others for me is the staff. The Front Desk staff is exactly what you want at the end of a long hectic day. They are Customer Service Stars !!

We stayed 2 nights to be closer in the DC for the Inauguration, the hotel was full and very busy, but the service was still superb.

Ronald at the Front Desk was amazing !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Athens, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

A two night business trip for my son, but a great gettaway for me. I helped my son drive to Alexandria just as a backup driver on a 10 hour trip. While he took care of his business. I lounged and ate at the hotel restaurant. The weather was cloudy and rainy and I spent the entire time in the hotel. It was wonderful. Very comfortable bed, lovely bathroom, and we had booked the room with full breakfast each day and there in was the best deal! The food was quite good and the service very friendly. Its was quiet and I felt very comfortable eating alone.

The only minus would be if you wanted to be in the mix of Alexandria and King Street, It would be a bit of a walk which, in good weather might be quite pleasant. I didn't feel like exploring, again, because of the weather.

This is the perfect place to stay if you have dealing with the US Patent and Trademark office, its only a short walk from the hotel.

Room Tip: If you require complete silence to sleep, make sure you need a room away from the train noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mae C,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share your comments. I was delighted to learn that you had a pleasant experience and hope you will have an opportunity to stay again in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me at anytime and I will be happy to look after your accomodations. Thanks again.