The Westin Alexandria
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$168
$152
Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$188
$152
$171
$159
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$138
$110
$204
$169
Kimpton
  • Restaurant
Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$198
$144
$179
$227
$203
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$197
  • Room Service
Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$149
$127
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsheavenly bedfederal courthouseking streetold towntrademark officevalet parkingminute walkwhole foodsmetro stationvery nice hotelmasonic templefew blocksper daydc areavery nice staybusiness travelerup to date
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Shortly before Christmas my wife and I stayed at the Westin Alexandria, a most excellent facility and great staff. Most excellent was the concierge Ray. My wife and I had driven down from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, for a quick get-away to stay overnight and check out "Old Town" Alexandria. Upon searching for places to see, we were nearly overwhelmed by the many things to see and do and places to eat. We didn't bring a bagload of money,and many menus didn't show their prices. We then had a chat with Ray. He suggested some nice attractions and an excellent Greek restaurant for dinner. We took his suggestion for dinner and the restaurant hit the spot. A great meal, and plenty of it, for not a lot of money. The next day we hit the sites and enjoyed our nice get-away. Thank you so much Ray. Your kindness, knowledge, and expertise were just what we needed!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at The Westin Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear Clyde S,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and for taking the time to share your comments. I was delighted to learn of your hgh degree of satisfaction with our service and Ray in particular. We will look forward to your next visit, hopefully in the very near future.

Rich Casale

Reviewed January 11, 2013

The Westin Alexandria has most of the amenities you would expect from a Westin. Great location, within walking distance to the venue I attended.
The room was clean & comfortable. The "heavenly shower" was replaced by a large rain shower head - nice, but weak pressure.
The restaurant serves one of the best breakfasts - the cranberry French toast, a must try!
The staff were slow, and we had to wait for an in correction on the bill to be fixed.
Overall, average to very good.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JackiB0312
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at The Westin Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear JackiB,

Thanks for staying with us! We appreciate your comments and will continue to work with our service staff in the restraurant to insure they are prompt and efficient in reacting to any guest concerns as you point out this opportunity. So glad you enjoyed the room, the food, the location. Hope to see you again soon.

Rich Casale

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed at the Westin Alexandria for two days over Christmas, as we've done for the past 4 years, while visiting family in the area. I love this hotel. We are always greeted with great courtesy by staff, from the front desk to bellmen to servers and the hostess in the restaurant. The rooms are extraordinarily comfortable and quiet. The restaurant menu has been changed to more casual fare since our last visit, and a broader selection of entrees would be welcome; however, we enjoyed our Christmas Eve dinner and two breakfasts in the hotel. We got a bargain price of only $79 per night by paying in full at booking, which is an absolute steal for a hotel of such high quality. We'll be back again next Christmas.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The Westin in Alexandria surpassed our expectations. Before arriving I called the front desk and asked if I could check in early because I wasn't feeling well. Robin answered and she allowed us to check in hours before the check in time so I could rest. When we arrived, she saw that I was in my pjs looking sick. She asked if I needed extra blankets or chicken soup. Without even asking, a beautiful bowl of chicken broth, crackers, oranges, ginger ale and tea was sent to my room. She even sent the sweetest get well card. Its usually very uncomfortable to be away from home when you're sick. Not at the Westin of Alexandria! The room, the service and the location are perfect. We will be loyal to the Westin on our upcoming trips to the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2012

If you have business at the Courthouse or at the United States Patent and Trademark Office, you could not be at a better location. The Metro is a 5-10 minute walk away if you want to go downtown; however, I didn't feel that comfortable walking from it late at night so take the hotel shuttle. The hotel itself was very pleasant and the staff were helpful. The gym has good equipment and the treadmills face the Courthouse so you'll have a view while running. The only thing that was problematic with my visit was that the water pressure in the room sink was so weak that I considered calling the front desk to have them address it (I didn't). Other than that everything with my visit was excellent. The room was very clean and comfortable. Very satisfied customer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the outside courtyard. I couldn't ever have my window curtains open as every other room could see into all the others.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business