The Westin Alexandria
Hampton.com
$180
$161
  • Breakfast included
Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$198
$169
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$101
$149
$224
$195
  • Restaurant
Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$197
  • Room Service
Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$129
$110
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsheavenly bedfederal courthouseking streetold towntrademark officevalet parkingminute walkwhole foodsmetro stationvery nice hotelmasonic templefew blocksper daydc areavery nice staybusiness travelerup to date
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 19, 2012

If you have business at the Courthouse or at the United States Patent and Trademark Office, you could not be at a better location. The Metro is a 5-10 minute walk away if you want to go downtown; however, I didn't feel that comfortable walking from it late at night so take the hotel shuttle. The hotel itself was very pleasant and the staff were helpful. The gym has good equipment and the treadmills face the Courthouse so you'll have a view while running. The only thing that was problematic with my visit was that the water pressure in the room sink was so weak that I considered calling the front desk to have them address it (I didn't). Other than that everything with my visit was excellent. The room was very clean and comfortable. Very satisfied customer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the outside courtyard. I couldn't ever have my window curtains open as every other room could see into all the others.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My husband I stayed here because we were going to a concert at the Birchmere and did not want to drive about an hour home after the show. Check in was very smooth and the front desk attendant was very nice. The room was nice. I wish they would have given us two robes in the bathroom instead of one. We had a king room. Nice area for happy hour. We would stay here again. We got a pretty good rate on priceline.com. $99

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I recently stayed at the Westin Alexandria for a conference and thought the hotel was in excellent shape and I had a really comfortable stay. Of course the beds were amazing (nothing comes close to a Westin heavenly bed!). The room was clean, the lobby and conference space was stylish and classy and all in all it was a great hotel experience! The fitness area was also really nice. This gets marked down one circle because I thought the rooms were a little noisy - I could hear the person sharing a wall with me one of the nights I was there. Additionally, it is not walking distance from King Street, which is the center of Alexandria. Those of you coming here by train and getting off at Union Station in DC, be prepared to pay a 40 dollar cab ride!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank PhillyCali
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Westin Alexandria for one night recently because we attended a work holiday party in the hotel.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The building and hotel room are attractive. There's a very small gift shop in the lobby, but it is tiny and doesn't have much selection. It did have the necessities though, so I was able to pick up tooth paste and a tooth brush, which I forgot at home.

The bed was very comfortable, and we had a great view of a small park and the courthouse across the street. The bathroom was great with a big rainforest shower head and detachable shower heads, as well. There was a bit of a mildew smell in the shower, though.

We ordered room service for breakfast. It was very expensive. Note that they automatically charge both a service fee and tip to the room service checks.

My husband and I enjoyed the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed with our two children over Thanksgiving. Got a great rate through Hotwire, less than $100/night (but beware - parking is $26/night). Hotel is beautiful, clean, service was overall excellent. If I were travelling on business it would have been perfect. The hotel is not located in the Old Town tourist district, rather in the commercial section slightly farther away. You'll be surrounded by high-rise office buildings and courthouses. No shopping or dining options within walking distance to speak of although there is a movie theater not too far away. However, it is a short walk to the Metro, and a hotel shuttle will take you anywhere you want to go in the Old Town tourist district for free.

I was expecting Westin's signature kids-friendly style but unfortunately didn't get it at this location. They did not have most of the kids items in stock that their brochure claimed they did. Because it's located in the business district, it gets dark and desolate after business hours. The restaurant (while trendy) is definitely intimidating for those with younger kids. Children under 16 are not allowed in the hot tub. And internet access is $10/day minimum.

So, while I would definitely recommend this Westin for business travelers, I would have to tell those traveling with children to check out the Monaco or another property in the area instead that caters a little more toward families.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank noellossie
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at The Westin Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Dear noellossie,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for sharing your comments. While it appears that you did have an enjoyable stay, it seems we could have done more for your family. I did make note of your comments concerning our shortcomings there and we are addressing accordingly to insure that children are made to feel more welcome. Thanks again for taking the time to give us your constructive feedback.

Rich Casale