The Westin Alexandria
Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$162
$134
Hampton.com
$185
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$105
$179
$279
EmbassySuites.com
  • Pool
Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$199
$169
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsheavenly bedfederal courthouseking streetold towntrademark officevalet parkingminute walkwhole foodsmetro stationvery nice hotelmasonic templefew blocksper daydc areavery nice staybusiness travelerup to date
Reviewed February 21, 2012

It's a bland hotel in the middle of a bland business park. If you like bland, this is the place for you. If you like to wear sweatpants to the bar, this is the place for you. If you like to carry luggage for the bellmen, this is the place for you. If you like to feel unwelcome, this is ABSOLUTELY the place for you.

Don't bring kids.

Room Tip: Don't stay there.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank previous L
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at The Westin Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Dear previousL,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I was disappointed to learn that your experience at the bar, with the bellman, and in general with the staff did not meet your expectations. Although you did not share the detail, we are none the less concerned to obtain more specifics in an effort to better address the opportunites. I would would welcome an opportunity to talk with you further. if you would reach out to me at your convenience at rich.casale@westin.com with any further thoughts and possibly a contact number I will certainly be in touch with you to follow up. Again our apologies.

Rich Casale

Reviewed February 21, 2012

This place was great
It was clean, the staff was courtesy, and the king bed was AWESOME

What more can I say other than they have a free shuttle that will take you to Old Towne (it comes like every 15mins)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I checked in at about 6pm ,so my room was ready. I was upgraded to a nice room over the phone, but when i arrived to the hotel the nice lady who was checking me in was called to the back and was replaced by man.

I had asked the man who checked me in if they had a room on a higher floor,and he stated
that they were full. I think i pissed him of when he asked me where i was coming from and i told him Peru ,and he asked me how i liked it ,so i told him the truth...

So he gave me a room that was facing the big dumpster on the 2nd floor even though it was a clean room and a very clean dumpster. So, I called down and asked to speak to the first lady who was checking me in and she moved me to a room facing the front with a view of the courthouse plaza and higher floor.

The only problem i really had was the cell phone signal does not work well in the hotel.. I asked about that and was told that Verizon was the only company who did not lay lines in the hotel during construction.

Room was great as can be expected at Westin and great Location. I walked from the King Street metro in less than 10 mins even though they do offer shuttle service. So all in all it was a good stay.

Room Tip: If you have Verizon , ask for a room facing the front.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I love Westin. The room was nice and clean with a good view. The beds were heavenly!!!! The shower had dual heads...awesome!!!! I didnt eat at the Jamison because the prices were too expensive. Valet parking is $24. When you want your car....you just call and they will pull it out front for you. However, on Saturday we were able to find free parking on the street. I will visit again.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We stayed on the executive club level. On the negative: The food in the club room did not meet expectations. Breakfast eggs were cold, bagels were not that good either. Coffee not hot.
They don't serve sweets in the evenings, either, which is odd. They should serve cookies in the evenings.
Bar service was slow and the pool hours are limited. (only open in the evenings.)
The room: Bathroom was small and the heating/cooling wasn't as simple as most hotels.
On the positive, I thought the front desk staff was VERY friendly and accommodating (Robin and John). We also received great service from the valet and shuttle service and the staff that worked in the club room. The staff really was great. The lobby was nice. The bar decor was also nice.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family